"Deadwood" - January sales

RamsPolls

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I guess the question then comes do we need to raise a decent amount ? I mean this two fold:

• Have we get enough room with ffp to just spend a sizable fee regardless of outgoings ?
  • Can our problems be fixed/patched through a couple cheap transfers and loans ?

I am very confident in the club to stay out of the way of FFP. I highly doubt we would endager ourselves with FFP in place.

Then again, I am sure that FFP will be scrapped in a few years time because of the issue with the Parachute payments. If they keep increasing with each season and the player fee's keep increasing the way they are, then there will be no way a championship club can compete. It will soon be impossible to get promoted because the teams who are relegated will just go straight back up because they can spend whatever they like without having to worry about FFP.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I am very confident in the club to stay out of the way of FFP. I highly doubt we would endager ourselves with FFP in place.

Then again, I am sure that FFP will be scrapped in a few years time because of the issue with the Parachute payments. If they keep increasing with each season and the player fee's keep increasing the way they are, then there will be no way a championship club can compete. It will soon be impossible to get promoted because the teams who are relegated will just go straight back up because they can spend whatever they like without having to worry about FFP.

Oh I'm sure you won't and I'm not suggesting we should. I'm just saying we don't know how much room we have to maneovuer and whether expensive outgoings are necessary to compensate an expensive incoming.

Just now, brady1993 said:

Oh I'm sure you won't and I'm not suggesting we should. I'm just saying we don't know how much room we have to maneovuer and whether expensive outgoings are necessary to compensate an expensive incoming.

Of course, 

What I was saying is that any business we do in January or any transfer window, I have the confidence that the club won't endanger our position with FFP. If it endangers us then they won't do the transfer, Simple as that I feel. 

Hope i'm not proved wrong liked :p 

23 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I'll leave it to the professionals to decide. If fans had their way, we'd have waved goodbye to Christie, Shackell, Pearce, Keogh, Johnson, Baird, Butterfield, Russell, Camara, Weimann, Ince, Blackman and Bent this last few months. 

Other than the new lads brought in by NP and of course Hughes, I've seen mass negativity about every player. Even though Bryson seems loved by fans, I've even noticed he gets more stick than he used to. Carson had his knockers not too long ago too. 

With everyone fit and available we've a more than capable squad to challenge at the top of this division. I reckon most clubs in the division would love to have many of our players. Yes we need to prune it in January and add one or two I'm sure. But I will trust those in charge to get it right. We've plenty of games until then. Can we not support our players until then instead of continuing to write some off? 

The club sorted that out ,,, something to do with estrogen in the sausages i think?

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Just a thought, 

What players did we sell during McClaren's first spell?

Michael Jacobs to Wigan?

Genuinely can't think of anymore.

I thought the squad was too light under Mac - deffo light in quality when we had those injuries......

I'd love us to sell what I'd deem as 'deadwood' but we'd be left with about eight players only so that can't happen.

I'd place a number of players in the following categories:

Offers nothing: Blackman, Camara

Not good enough, but we should keep until end of season just for the numbers: Bent, Baird, Weale, Olsson

Arguably not good enough, but we have little other option: Christie

Doesn't fit, but try to improve them. If they show little potential, sell: Vydra, Weimann, Anya

Expensive players we should look to replace: Shackell

Players who if they aren't going to do it for us soon, we may have to look to replace: Bryson

Bradley Johnson and Tom Ince. I'd sell them both, though they do offer this squad something. Tough one.

Carson, Pearce, Keogh, Lowe, Forstyh, Thorne, Hughes, Butterfield, Russell and Martin can all stay for sure.

Hanson and Rawson, while young, IMO haven't done much to suggest they will become solid Championship players. Happy to keep, but only as back-up.

On 04/11/2016 at 18:50, Ram79 said:

I'd like Jon Walters from stoke on loan till the end of season and wouldn't mind if Baird ,camara and Ince were on their way also let Grant stay at stoke as part of deal for Walters 

Walters is a good shout to be fair. 

But I think he was linked with a move to WBA in the summer so not sure if he'd want to drop to the championship.

11 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Walters is a good shout to be fair. 

But I think he was linked with a move to WBA in the summer so not sure if he'd want to drop to the championship.

He won't drop to the Championship anyway.. Decent player though

Blackman will go down as one of the most ineffectual signings of the clubs history and totally represents the farce we were in when he was bought. He has to go... along with Shackell  

But....who is going to want them.? Who is going to pay Bents wages or Weinmann or Russell or Baird or Any of the other names mentioned.....? No one  that's who, so we will be stuck with them  

Martin, Bent, Shackell, Keogh, Camara, Wiemann.

Need a good solid RCH to replace Mistakeogh, Martin is as good as gone and spend more time rolling around the floor than playing football, Shackell isn't the same player we sold and his distribution is fooking awful, camara and Wiemann are just *****.

Need cover at Right Back, Max Lowe will be superb at LB, could do with a hard man (Bartonesque) in midfield and a goal machine  as soon.  As fro worries about FFP - QPR have stuck two fingers up to the FA with no punishment coming anytime soon!!!!!!!! 

10 hours ago, AfghanRam said:

Need a good solid RCH to replace Mistakeogh, Martin is as good as gone and spend more time rolling around the floor than playing football...

God knows how he turned into such a goal machine, they must just bounce in off his @rse!

10 hours ago, AfghanRam said:

Need a good solid RCH to replace Mistakeogh, Martin is as good as gone and spend more time rolling around the floor than playing football, Shackell isn't the same player we sold and his distribution is fooking awful, camara and Wiemann are just *****.

Need cover at Right Back, Max Lowe will be superb at LB, could do with a hard man (Bartonesque) in midfield and a goal machine  as soon.  As fro worries about FFP - QPR have stuck two fingers up to the FA with no punishment coming anytime soon!!!!!!!! 

Where to even start? Keogh is part of the defence which has been exceptionally strong this year so far. 

Martin is the same as always, scores goals, looks lazy,rolls around but I'd take him back in a flash 

Shackell was never known for his passing, but technically there is no better defender at the club, good enough at least as a backup. 

Both wingers are either injured or coming back from injury, agree on lowe but he needs time to settle. 

Johnson has been that rock so far this season so why a need for more? And goalscorers, we have plenty of them, just needed the right manager to get it out of them. Thinking ince and Bent especially. If we sell Martin we have plenty of room in ffp anyway 

On 08/11/2016 at 12:40, Sparkle said:

Hmm leave Bayern Munich for QPR can't see it but we will end up seeing les Ferdinand's mate Tim Sherwood there.

To be fair, He is 2nd favourite for the job. 

But just can't see past Sherwood getting it. Him and Les Ferdinand are so far each others arse's that the sun doesn't shine in their world.

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

To be fair, He is 2nd favourite for the job. 

But just can't see past Sherwood getting it. Him and Les Ferdinand are so far each others arse's that the sun doesn't shine in their world.

Sherwood won't be getting it now, director of football at Swindon

Archived