"Deadwood" - January sales

RamsPolls

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah in direct response to the performance levels, not squad personnel... Don't twist a quote to suit an argument.

And what's hindering performance? How does McClaren want us playing? Is that possible with that squad or will "attitude and desire" make a fluent possession heavy style possible?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I have a suspicion that if Celtic wanted Bryson he'd go there, can't see him leaving for another championship club though, even if McClaren isn't his favorite. 

I'd happily let Bryson go to Celtic. He's a good player but unfortunately we have better now and he can't perform like he did in the 13-14 season anymore. 

£2m to Celtic.

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I'd happily let Bryson go to Celtic. He's a good player but unfortunately we have better now and he can't perform like he did in the 13-14 season anymore. 

£2m to Celtic.

Personally wouldn't consider letting him go. You need at least three good attacking midfielders to rotate between for the two attacking spots in a 433 because of injuries and form considerations. In Bryson, Hughes and Butterfield I believe we have a suitably three and should focus our attentions elsewhere.

There are two things to consider - safeguarding ourselves from the possibility of an injury-ravaged squad in what is a long and physically punishing season and not having too many senior players who are simply not getting or won't get a look-in.

I would sell or loan out Blackman and either Weimann or Camara and that's it. I have nothing against them but for whatever reason, they haven't been able to establish themselves here. Those are the ones who really need to be playing first-team football rather than merely counting their cash.

Even though I don't rate him very highly, Baird's experience, leadership qualities and versatility could prove useful in a long campaign, particularly when he can cover across the back four and in midfield. McClaren was the last manager to get the best out of Bent, so I'd keep him too in the hope that with a run of games, he finds goalscoring form again.

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

There are two things to consider - safeguarding ourselves from the possibility of an injury-ravaged squad in what is a long and physically punishing season and not having too many senior players who are simply not getting or won't get a look-in.

I would sell or loan out Blackman and either Weimann or Camara and that's it. I have nothing against them but for whatever reason, they haven't been able to establish themselves here. Those are the ones who really need to be playing first-team football rather than merely counting their cash.

Even though I don't rate him very highly, Baird's experience, leadership qualities and versatility could prove useful in a long campaign, particularly when he can cover across the back four and in midfield. McClaren was the last manager to get the best out of Bent, so I'd keep him too in the hope that with a run of games, he finds goalscoring form again.

Good points there. I think you are very close to what will actually happen. I think it will be a case of 2-3 in, 2-3 out.

13 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Very good opinion. 

Camara I think has been unlucky with injuries so personally would like to see him have a good run of games. Weimann is a bit like Russell but quicker as he runs all day and has a good work rate but no end product. So personally would rather have Weimann than Russell as Russell has been here a few years and never really got to the next level of his game.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I bet he's thinkinh why the hell did I come here? I don't thinks he's bad, he's just on the same level as the others and had a mix of bad luck and being in managers blind spot. 

I honestly think he would have played every game this season if he hadn't have done his knee in pre-season. Pearson seemed to really like him and I don't think we would have signed Anya if he was fit. 

1 minute ago, McRamFan said:

Thorne and Camara. Never fit enough to influence.

Anyone else if the right money came in, Martin to Fulham for £9m yes please. Hughes to Liverpool or any other prem, yes if the price is right.

Hughes?????? No thanks. If we ever get to the prem we are going to need him in our team. The lad can be magical at times and produce wonders.

1 minute ago, McRamFan said:

Thorne and Camara. Never fit enough to influence.

Anyone else if the right money came in, Martin to Fulham for £9m yes please. Hughes to Liverpool or any other prem, yes if the price is right.

I think that's exceptionally harsh on Thorne. He played a full season last year and is only missing now because of an abysmal studs up lunge.

Additionally who do you intend to buy with the money you make by flogging all our players? The market is crazy right now. 9 million for Martin isn't going to stretch very far.

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I would bring in Britt Assombalonga. Like I've said before, Forest could be in a relegation battle this year. We could tempt him away from Forest for the right price.

Is this the same Assombalonga who has managed 192 minutes so far this season? Who played 57 minutes in total last season? Who, in one of his final acts before sadly leaving, Fridgey rewarded with a new 5-year deal when it is highly unlikely given the nature of his injury that he will ever be able to play regularly at this level again?

So you're suggesting that instead of having our rivals crippled by this contract until the end of the 2020/21 season, we could take him off their hands, free up their wages and have him in our treatment room instead. That sounds such a brilliant plan.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Hughes?????? No thanks. If we ever get to the prem we are going to need him in our team. The lad can be magical at times and produce wonders.

If.....big word that. Maybe Will wants to get there sooner.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I think that's exceptionally harsh on Thorne. He played a full season last year and is only missing now because of an abysmal studs up lunge.

Additionally who do you intend to buy with the money you make by flogging all our players? The market is crazy right now. 9 million for Martin isn't going to stretch very far.

Life is harsh. Lower leagues and step up the academy production line and misfits at other clubs that could fit here, loans from top 6, Europe, Africa etc

6 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

The term "Deadwood" has been thrown around a lot on twitter lately, Not so much on the forum but a lot of people are saying that there are certain players who need to be either loaned or sold in January.

Any ideas who you would be shipping out in January?

And if you know who you would ship out... Who would you replace them with to improve the squad. 

Don't tweet. It's bad for you . 

Archived