I'm a Mac lover

Cisse

when I went to the end of season forum with @TroyDyer last April/May, I watched him for tell tale signs. I came away disliking him as a person. I thought he came across as smarmy and loving the attention, he was certainly flattered by being linked with other jobs and his smirk and smile showed it. However, Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Billy Davies and Alex Ferguson are easily unlikeable as people, but success is not related.

The best managers I've worked for in all the industries I've worked have generally been hard to like.

Ultimately, as a fan attending games, and with no disrespect to those that cannot attend, the ultimate aim is to surely be excited about going to the match. Many fans have missed that feeling for a while, and I have it back for tomorrow, and that's knowing he's hardly had time to influence and change things.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

when I went to the end of season forum with @TroyDyer last April/May, I watched him for tell tale signs. I came away disliking him as a person. I thought he came across as smarmy and loving the attention, he was certainly flattered by being linked with other jobs and his smirk and smile showed it. However, Arthur Cox, Brian Clough, Jim Smith, Billy Davies and Alex Ferguson are easily unlikeable as people, but success is not related.

The best managers I've worked for in all the industries I've worked have generally been hard to like.

Ultimately, as a fan attending games, and with no disrespect to those that cannot attend, the ultimate aim is to surely be excited about going to the match. Many fans have missed that feeling for a while, and I have it back for tomorrow, and that's knowing he's hardly had time to influence and change things.

It's a nice feeling isn't it ?

Whatever we think about Mac as a character doesn't matter really, as long as he can instill a bit of belief back into players.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

How could anyone dislike TBE?

I'll definitely give him a second chance, there were so many times during his last stay

where you thought, are we going to win by 2,3 or 4 today, losing wasn't an option, who

wouldn't want to try and repeat that - it felt like we were unstoppable in that first season.

Obviously, that isn't going to happen at the Leeds match, but it will be interesting to see

if he has been able to banish some of the gloom and hesitancy, and get an immediate

reaction.

To be fair, most of the anti-Mac comment has only been the old moaning about the manner of his departure.

Few (in 20-20 hindsight) of the criticisms of his coaching ability stack up in view of what's happened since.

As for me, I have always wanted McClaren. Ironically i am only now thinking going back will not ultimately work because of the lack of goodwill on both sides.

Archived