Pearson gone

irobinson

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

But I think Pearson wanted to be successful at Derby. 

I don't think it's all about money in Football is it at least I hope not .

I'm sure he wanted to be successful. But you were feeling empathy for a very well-paid manager getting the sack but wishing a sacking on Anon, who almost certainly earns a lot less. I'm sure being sacked is emotionally difficult but Pearson certainly won't starve because he lost a job. One of us "normal" people might.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What key differences do you think Chris Powell will implement?

I dunno if we'll be any better but I think he'll be less focused on attacking too quickly. From what I've seen of his teams they do go through the phases.

They do construct attacks rather than launch the ball. I expect he'll have his ideas less set in stone and try to accommodate the players styles into the systems he wants to play. 

I don't see Powell as stubborn. I think he'll be more flexible. 

Will we be as good as we were before (top 6 team)? Not sure. But I'm pretty confident some our players will feel more at home in their roles soon. 

Powell's Charlton and Udders teams weren't that good at this level but they were fairly tidy. Now he has better footballers... 

I don't think we will be any worse do you?

Oh curtains, I do wish you'd stop adding things to your posts. I was trying to quote you but didn't want all that first day of pre season shi te.

I think Pearson wanted to be successful for Pearson, it mattered not he was at Derby County. We were geographically handy for him, no house moving and all that, if Notts County were in the championship play offs last season and looking for a new manager, he'd have been interested in that, make no mistake.

As for your second point, may I point you in the direction of a Mr Samuel Allardyce. 

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Oh curtains, I do wish you'd stop adding things to your posts. I was trying to quote you but didn't want all that first day of pre season shi te.

I think Pearson wanted to be successful for Pearson, it mattered not he was at Derby County. We were geographically handy for him, no house moving and all that, if Notts County were in the championship play offs last season and looking for a new manager, he'd have been interested in that, make no mistake.

As for your second point, may I point you in the direction of a Mr Samuel Allardyce. 

I do have a bad habit of editing my posts. 

Wonder if they will sack Chris Coleman for a the  Wales draw today against Georgia.

What went wrong with his substitutions today it almost backfired trying to go for it as they nearly lost it on the counter attack .

Managers are only as good as their last few games  

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I dunno if we'll be any better but I think he'll be less focused on attacking too quickly. From what I've seen of his teams they do go through the phases.

They do construct attacks rather than launch the ball. I expect he'll have his ideas less set in stone and try to accommodate the players styles into the systems he wants to play. 

I don't see Powell as stubborn. I think he'll be more flexible. 

Will we be as good as we were before (top 6 team)? Not sure. But I'm pretty confident some our players will feel more at home in their roles soon. 

Powell's Charlton and Udders teams weren't that good at this level but they were fairly tidy. Now he has better footballers... 

I don't think we will be any worse do you?

I am happy for Powell to be given a chance.....

22 minutes ago, curtains said:

I do have a bad habit of editing my posts. 

Wonder if they will sack Chris Coleman for a the  Wales draw today against Georgia.

What went wrong with his substitutions today it almost backfired trying to go for it as they nearly lost it on the counter attack .

Managers are only as good as their last few games  

Classic case of the manager's responsibility ending once the player crosses the white line.

Coleman couldn't track back in place of the left back who failed to pick up the Georgian wide player, leaving him in yards of space with a free header - those things, I am led to believe, are basics.

I'm sure of one thing, though - it was Keogh's fault.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

Classic case of the manager's responsibility ending once the player crosses the white line.

Coleman couldn't track back in place of the left back who failed to pick up the Georgian wide player, leaving him in yards of space with a free header - those things, I am led to believe, are basics.

I'm sure of one thing, though - it was Keogh's fault.

I think Martin O'Neil might have decided Keogh ain't good enough either  

Not playing tonight and didn't play against Georgia the other day  .

Pearce hasn't figured either or Christie 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Nor any of us. Mel will not have made any decisions based in what we say here.

and neither he should. He is far more aware of the various situations etc involved...and he has put his money into the club so the buck stops with him.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think he wanted to be successful. I think he trying everything to the point of getting a bit to stressed (perhaps), however i rate his performance, i don't think he didn't try.

I'm sure i remember something a few years ago about how once you're beyond a certain amount of money it loses all meaning as "money" the way we understand it (rent, bills, buy food, etc) and just becomes some sort of measuring stick of how good you are.

Oh dear. If he was trying and he wanted to be successful then I'm afraid it's an open and shut case. He's completely useless as a football manager. 

12 minutes ago, curtains said:

Quality post not 

Oh ****! You got me. I thought you were agreeing with the post initially until I read the final word of the sentence. Well played sir. Can't wait to use this gem at work tomorrow..........................................................

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

Oh ****! You got me. I thought you were agreeing with the post initially until I read the final word of the sentence. Well played sir. Can't wait to use this gem at work tomorrow..........................................................

:whistle:

Don't work too hard lol. 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

He came in to pre-season training two weeks early, so initially yes. After getting little game time from Pearson, who can say. Just sayin. :)

What you just saying though?

(he's in early and during every close season though.?)

9 hours ago, curtains said:

Pearson is getting the blame for everything.

Bryson missed a sitter at Hull in the away leg to make it 3-3 aggregate score so let's blame Wassall when it's the players fault. 

Lets blame Wassall for Butterfield not taking one for the team for stopping  Hulls 3rd goal with a professional foul in the first leg at the IPRO not the player. 

Pretty sure you did blame Wassall for those things. Also if Pearson was so great why keep picking the awful Keogh? Can't be Keogh's fault that Pearson kept picking him, he's obviously so incredibly poor you have to question Pearson's managerial judgement for continued selection, no?

Truth be told the manager is going to be held accountable for consistently bad performances because they're responsible for training and picking the team. Most people would say this squad is capable of challenging in the top half (that's where they were for the past 3 seasons) What Pearson managed to do was turn promotion hopefuls into relegation challengers and was consistently a bit of a dick throughout the whole process. I wouldn't have had him in the first place but I don't see how anyone can defend his tenure. Abject.

15 hours ago, curtains said:

Keogh was shocking .

Gave a penalty away needlessly.

At fault for the 2nd Blackburn goal as he was totally out of position and the defending for Blackburns first was comical 

Vydra nearly scored again at 1-1 but for a brilliant save  .

Keogh was not at fault for the 2nd goal, he certainly wasn't out of position. The fault for that goal is down to the whole team and the way it was set up. Every player should have done better but they were not helped by the way the team was set up.

16 hours ago, curtains said:

Pearson is getting the blame for everything.

Bryson missed a sitter at Hull in the away leg to make it 3-3 aggregate score so let's blame Wassall when it's the players fault. 

Lets blame Wassall for Butterfield not taking one for the team for stopping  Hulls 3rd goal with a professional foul in the first leg at the IPRO not the player. 

No, don't blame them for those incidents. 

Blame Wassall for asking us to go too direct in the 1st leg. For trying the same attack over and over for 90 mins even though it never looked like working. Blame him for the team playing so nervously. Blame him for the overall performance in the 90mins.

Then praise him for the overall performance in the excellent 2nd leg. 

Nobody expects a manager to control individual errors. But we can expect them to have influences on the flow of a match. The general planning in how we defend, transition and attack. 

By picking out goals you're ignoring almost the whole entire match. For the 1st leg Derby were 2nd best for the entire match so it's not surprising we conceded. In the 2nd leg we were the better team. Not surprising we forced mistakes out of Hull and put ourselves in better positions for individual uncontrollable moments to go in our favour. 

If Derby beat Leeds 1-0 in the 90th minute then that doesn't make 89 minutes irrelevant does it? However the goal comes you will still look upon the game and ask if Powell gave Derby the best possible chance of going out there and finding that goal

Archived