Pearson gone

irobinson

The truly amazing thing is those fans that were once dubbed blind-faithers are now moaners who became anti-Pearson. And the ex moaners seem to be the ones who wanted him to have more time. How and why has this role reversal come about? What is it about Pearson that inspired confidence in those of you that have had a change of heart? Because he completely sapped all of my confidence within moments of arriving. I genuinely don't understand how that happens. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Tombo said:

The truly amazing thing is those fans that were once dubbed blind-faithers are now moaners who became anti-Pearson. And the ex moaners seem to be the ones who wanted him to have more time. How and why has this role reversal come about? What is it about Pearson that inspired confidence in those of you that have had a change of heart? Because he completely sapped all of my confidence within moments of arriving. I genuinely don't understand how that happens. 

Because it must be our players fault, who on the one hand are good enough to get promoted but on the other always manage to fail. Pearson couldn't possibly stand against a whole squad of bad eggs now could he, but he was just the medicine they needed and none of it was his fault!

43 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I believe I'm fairly strongly on record in my views on Mr Pearson and so will not further sully these hallowed halls with my jubilation that he's gone...

28 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

anyone notice what a different team we were at cartdiff after the manager was suspended. marvellous transfomation, do you think it was because the y werent really trying before, seeing as pearson alegedly picked that team

I was neither pro Pearson nor anti. He needed a good start and it didn't happen.

I am just waiting for the club to get to a point where they have manager able to manage, supported by a chairman who lets him do so, and a squad of players who do the jobs they paid to more often than not. After that any hint of success will be a blessing.

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I believe I'm fairly strongly on record in my views on Mr Pearson and so will not further sully these hallowed halls with my jubilation that he's gone...

No but that's what I'm getting at. I think I'd be fair in saying that you yourself are one of those who would normally preach patience and optimism. I am the same. Folks like you and I were dubbed blind faithers.

But something about Pearson made that switch on us and from very early on we felt that he wasn't the answer. And those who previously were calling for Clement's head within 5 games, to use one example, began to preach patience and optimism when it came to Pearson. How has this role reversal happened?

Just something I've observed really I suppose.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

No but that's what I'm getting at. I think I'd be fair in saying that you yourself are one of those who would normally preach patience and optimism. I am the same. Folks like you and I were dubbed blind faithers.

But something about Pearson made that switch on us and from very early on we felt that he wasn't the answer. And those who previously were calling for Clement's head within 5 games, to use one example, began to preach patience and optimism when it came to Pearson. How has this role reversal happened?

Just something I've observed really I suppose.

I posted my theory previously on this. There are people who hate the players and blame them for failing to provide Premier League football. They don't give a monkey's how bad things were under Pearson or how bad they were going to get so long as it looked like there was going to be some kind of massive upheaval of the playing staff.

10 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

They can play in other ways, but they're evidently not as good.

Why, then, would you try and force them to play a different shape and system?

Here's the thing there are formations similar to a 433 that we could have easily shifted to playing with minimal transfer movement. A diamond, 4231, 532 and 5311 all spring to mind. All of these would have been an easy transition in shape provided the tactical philosophy remained the same. A counterattacking 442 system required major surgery in the summer for it to be effective, probably needing about 6 new faces. Unfortunately Pearson decided he wasn't going to tweak and he wasn't going to do surgery in the summer, leaving us in the current mess. Pearson's tenure is one of the absolute most baffling tenure I've seen from a manager.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

They can play in other ways, but they're evidently not as good.

Why, then, would you try and force them to play a different shape and system?

pay most players £25000 a week and they will play anyway you like and be proud to do their best if only for the money if players want to play their way you have big problems aka dcfc

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's my god given right to moan. I was booing all the way through if that helps.

Liar.

You were saying 'Boo-urns'.

15 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

pay most players £25000 a week and they will play anyway you like and be proud to do their best if only for the money if players want to play their way you have big problems aka dcfc

You surely understand that a player will play better in some systems than others ? You know a system that uses a player to their strengths ?

20 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

My old pe teacher used to play me at CB, even though I was a striker, as I was "the only one who could head the ball"

hated playing there, asked him not to play me there, struggled to play there, made mistakes as I wasn't comfortable playing there, yet he still kept playing me there.....

alan shearer being put in goal when having a school boy trial at Newcastle.....

4 hours ago, europia said:

I was neither pro Pearson nor anti. He needed a good start and it didn't happen.

I am just waiting for the club to get to a point where they have manager able to manage, supported by a chairman who lets him do so, and a squad of players who do the jobs they paid to more often than not. After that any hint of success will be a blessing.

He may well have been OK with an average start or possibly below average. Trouble is the start was bloody awful!!

Archived