James Vaughn as Chris Baird?

Robert Vaughn as Lee, the veteran aka Carson

Brad Dexter as Harry Luck, the fortune seeker aka Tom Ince

James Coburn as Britt, the knife expert aka Weimann

Horst Buchholz as Chico, the young, hot-blooded shootist aka Vydra

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Do you like the Derby squad though .

Which players do you really rate. 

Pearson would have needed at least 2  more transfer windows to get it anything like right at Derby. 

When he arrived it was all ready 'anything like right'!!

46 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Boring.  Your point is bizaare or you're totalIy missing the point of what I said.

You can't compare a 'normal' job and normal reaction to being ranted at by your boss; to being a footballer who regularly performs in front of 30,000 yelling people, whose 'work' is shown live to millions on t.v  and whose performances get analysed and slated by the media and by every fool on social media -  that's ridiculous. Having a thicker skin really needs to go with the territory ..and they are well rewarded for that.

I assume this is a reply to my post.

You said if you earned 20k a week you'd have thicker skin. You can still be upset by people abusing you whether you earn 20k a week or if you earn 20p a week. There is absolutely no correlation. 

Why can we not compare it to a normal job? It is a job, where human beings are paid to do something. They deserve to be treated as such rather than as robots who turn up to get abused by the fans and manager.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wonder how long Pep would have lasted at Barcelona if he decided to play a defensive 442, with Iniesta and Xavi as holding midfielders sitting 10 yards infront of Pique/Puyol, Samuel Eto'o on right wing and a style which consists of a few passes round the back before a 40 yard lump to the head of Lionel Messi.

Depends if that's what he said he would do when he was interviewed for the job. If he did would you then sack him before you had chance to see if in the long term it would work?

It was no surprise to me the tactics employed by NP, and I didn't even have the added advantage of sitting down and discussing his visions.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I wonder how long Pep would have lasted at Barcelona if he decided to play a defensive 442, with Iniesta and Xavi as holding midfielders sitting 10 yards infront of Pique/Puyol, Samuel Eto'o on right wing and a style which consists of a few passes round the back before a 40 yard lump to the head of Lionel Messi.

That isn't actually to far from the truth in that he did put Eto on the right wing and then played Messi as a false number 9 with instructions to his players not to lump it to Messi but just to get the ball to him as quick as they could. This change was what transformed his spell at Barcelona. Asking players to do something different and they responded!

43 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I assume this is a reply to my post.

You said if you earned 20k a week you'd have thicker skin. You can still be upset by people abusing you whether you earn 20k a week or if you earn 20p a week. There is absolutely no correlation. 

Why can we not compare it to a normal job? It is a job, where human beings are paid to do something. They deserve to be treated as such rather than as robots who turn up to get abused by the fans and manager.

Up to a point maybe, but if you are a Gardner then you get mud under your fingernails. If you are professional football player then the crowd yell at you for better or worse. Certain things go with the territory. Ok that doesn't include your line manager doing something out of order,  but out on the pitch .... or from the press .. That is part of your life. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

love how fans are happy to criticise a manager whose job it is to analyse, criticise, praise etc the players for being probably a bit harsh, yet refuse to criticise other fans who crucify players on match day!

I do that all the time.

You don't support the team for the 90 minutes? You shouldn't be there in my opinion.

You can't get the players to play in a system that suits them and back up your arrogance? You shouldn't be managing in my opinion.

Archived