The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

46 minutes ago, curtains said:

Very true but he was coming back from injury wasn't he and needed to get up and running early as will Craig Forsyth and George Thorne for next season  

Martin has been reported to be the first to return each season for preseason since he signed for us.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, toddy said:

You'll need to direct your question to somebody at Fulham.

Come on then toddy this is getting very boring and Groundhog Day. When Fulham's loan is over ie the season ends, can Martin if he wishes to return to Derby?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Come on then toddy this is getting very boring and Groundhog Day. When Fulham's loan is over ie the season ends, can Martin if he wishes to return to Derby?

Yes, of course he can that is the same as he can staying at Fulham if they take up the contract they have.

This all depends really where Fulham finish this season?

Remember money talks....

Toddy's argument rests on the idea that Fulham are willing to pay Martin even more than we're paying him, despite Toddy insisting he's a garbage footballer with a bad attitude.

Fulham would then sell him onto another rival club because he's so sought after (despite stinking up the club with his moaning and atrocious attitude including going on strike for Fulham) that it is profitable for Fulham to sell Martin on at what must supposedly be a much larger fee than the 8/9 million (plus agent fees and other additional costs of putting together both transfer etc) Fulham will have already paid for Martin by the time they sell him.

The contract offer from this club will also be bigger than both the contracts he signed with Derby and Fulham, meaning he's had 3 pay rises in 6 months despite being a shockingly lazy bad influence who's in decline anyway.

In other news, Toddy's wife has been sleeping with another man who he suspects is a professional footballer for Scotland and Fulham. He's already ruled out Tom Cairney.

I think there are 3 reasons that Martin might not be able to come back to Derby - but they all have to be true for it to happen.

1. Derby signed an agreement/contract to definitely sell Martin to Fulham at the end of his loan.
AND
2. Fulham signed the agreement/contract to definitely buy Martin at the end of his loan.
AND
3. Martin signed the agreement/contract to definitely become a Fulham player at the end of his loan.

However, if any one of those is not true, then he could still come back here.
As he has already signed a new contract with Derby (although I don't know for what period) I doubt very much that 1 & 3 are true, which probably also means that 2 isn't true either.
I don't think having an option to buy/sell/sign is the same.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

Have you googled any of those sources yet, or are we forgetting about it because it was more than two pages ago?

Sorry I forgot about you. :lol:

I don't need to Google, it was you that needed to, unless of course you have contacts you can call.?

4 minutes ago, toddy said:

I don't need to Google, it was you that needed to, unless of course you have contacts you can call.?

Nope, if you say something then claim it as fact then you need to back it up with credible sources. If you can't then you need to rethink your argument 

The reason that tony khan intimated there was a legal problem here was that mcclaren offered and Martin signed a contract when Fulham had exclusive rights to acquire the player at the end of the season. Yes he is a Derby player but it was very bad form and essentially contrary to the spirit of a pending permanent deal.  That's why he banged on about him and his dad being people of their word, people of integrity. That and the unsettling of the player with late night love calls between mac and Martin has surely led to Fulhams anger. 

Yet - there is nothing to suggest that Fulham aren't delighted to have him as a SQUAD player, offering a link up for their effective Kamikaze attacking style. Something different - touted by many on here as a reason Rowett would want him - a different option, which was a major theme of Rowetts comments on sportscene with OB. Horses for courses, whereas we have too many 4-3-3 players here, likes for likes.

Prob outcome : Fulham will do us no favours: they'll pay the money and keep him, have him as an option, and or sell him on for a tidy sum. For Martin if his agent can get him the same money or more playing at premier league Fulham or Wolves or elsewhere, he will go there in a flash. The idea that he loves Derby is a total myth. He wouldn't be returning to rigid Dutch 4-3-3 mcclaren he's coming back to a flexible variant of 4-2-3-1 German athletic Dortmund pressing Rowett. He don't fit GR Plan A not one bit, just like he wouldn't fit a Klopp Liverpool team. He may love mcclaren because mcclaren loves him and mac guaranteed a lazy player a permanent starting role in a rigid, destined to fail, 4-3-3, where football was always played in front of the other team. GR could fit him in here and there to offer something different but he would be a bit player.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He don't fit GR Plan A not one bit, just like he wouldn't fit a Klopp Liverpool team. 

OMG someone better tell Rowett that then as he's got him down as his no.9 and stand-in no.10 (much to Ramage's ire)! You're such a wheeze Ninos.

Derby County manager Gary Rowett says striker Chris Martin remains a big part of his future plans.

"I spoke to Chris. The general feeling is he wants to come back," Rowett told BBC Radio Derby.

"He's contracted to the club, he's coming back. He's a player I think the team has missed."

Martin was allowed to leave Derby last summer by then manager Nigel Pearson and has gone on to score 11 goals in 31 appearances for Fulham.

However, after Steve McClaren returned as Rams boss, Martin tried to cut short his loan deal, only for Fulham to refuse - and in a further twist to the saga, he signed a new contract at Pride Park in January.

Speaking on BBC Radio Derby's Sportscene programme, Rowett said: "At this moment in time, Chris Martin is our player and I fully expect him to be here next season."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39705963

46 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He don't fit GR Plan A not one bit.

GR could fit him in here and there to offer something different but he would be a bit player.

Odd then that Rowett has gone out of his way to speak to Martin - and has stated on multiple occasions that he'd very much like Martin back? 

He's even stated how much he'd like Fozzy and Thorne back because he wants more players with strength and technical ability - Which is Martin to a tee isn't it?

10 minutes ago, toddy said:

"General feeling is he wants to to come back"- that is a bit wishy-washy. 

Is this somebody edging his bets.

Hedging

56 minutes ago, toddy said:

Nope

The onus is on you to provide evidence - You made a statement and failed to back it up - You have been requested to provide evidence for your statement and then failed to do so...

Archived