The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How on earth did you come to this conclusion? We played one league match, and he started 4-3-3, you really are delusional. I'd understand being against Martin, but your bias crusade using fake facts and flawed logic is just pathetic. It's fine to have your own opinion, but don't actively lie to fit the points you're trying to make, at least use facts. 

After banging your head against this particular brick wall for a period of time I would recommend the ignore button.

It has reduced my blood pressure by 10 points.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Ah,I see...rowett "accidentally" started the Sunderland game as a 433 formation with Rowettmartin.

Toddy is right Rowett does not want to play 433 he's never played it at Burton or Brum When he took the job at Derby he didn't know Martin was coming back So if he plays him it has to be 433 Martin can't play in any other formation As for Fulham buying him would you want a player who goes on strike 

1 minute ago, Mistaram said:

Toddy is right Rowett does not want to play 433 he's never played it at Burton or Brum When he took the job at Derby he didn't know Martin was coming back So if he plays him it has to be 433 Martin can't play in any other formation As for Fulham buying him would you want a player who goes on strike 

So because Rowett din't play him at those other clubs (where he had different personnel, who suited different positions) he won't play it at Derby? He would have known Martin was coming back when he took the job, it was after Martin had signed the new contract for Derby, which in itself is pretty indicative. And the whole 'Martin can only play 4-3-3' is nonsense. He did play for clubs before Derby, I believe he played 4-4-2 at Norwich, and 4-2-3-1 which Rowett played at Birmingham is similar to a 4-3-3 in the fact he would be the sole striker with a substantial about of support. 

As for 'why would you buy a player who goes on strike' why did we buy George Thorne? Or Butterfield? Or other players of ours who went on strike to join us. Why did Madrid buy Gareth Bale, he went on strike. It's a poor argument. 

To be fair, if I have to be, which I don't... Toddy did say 'like McClaren of old did' which likely doesn't just mean the formation but the way of playing it.

To that end he'd be half right, a 4-3-3 with Martin running the channels will increasingly become a waste of time and the maximum you could expect of it is probably just about what it achieved under Clement, the minimum being what we got with Pearson's (successful amongst the minds of many) attempt at making his pre-set decision to get him out of the club seem valid.

As much as I want Rowett to succeed, and despite his history of making a team greater than the sum of its parts, so far I have been a bit frustrated that he doesn't really seem to be playing players to their strengths and isn't putting the right partnerships on the pitch.

Hoooooooold on everyone but let's bring some logic to proceedings.

What striker has been known to be able to change his style of play? You poke Martin with this stick but surely you could poke  it at most good strikers...ever? It's not like Vydra, Bent and Nugent are known for being able to adapt their styles either yet you choose to lay it at one players.

Let's not pretend this is a thing, get the ball to Martin's feet and then get players in around him. This didn't happen on Friday night because Butterfield/Johnson couldn't really push forward as he would have left gaps. It will work in time with Russell/Weimann etc but it'll take time and we need to patient. It's as simple as that.

3 hours ago, toddy said:

if they thought he was a bargain at £6 million matching his wages would not have been an issue [the money saved on transfer fee]. Now we have him on £30.000 a week and he does not fit the system/style GR wants to play.....that's the problem with a striker that can only play one way...

How many different ways does Nugent or Vydra play? 

Messi, how many ways does he play? Is he sometimes a tall target man winning headers?

Lukaku. Does he often run the channels and give chase to balls sent down the wings? 

Does Carson only play one way?

31 minutes ago, sage said:

After banging your head against this particular brick wall for a period of time I would recommend the ignore button.

It has reduced my blood pressure by 10 points.

Can be quite amusing sometimes. 

Especially the inside knowledge of contracts. 

8 hours ago, toddy said:

No, they had the option under contract to buy him for £6 million [ which was part of the loan agreement] but they didnt want to take up that option even at £6 million!

Yea. We all knew that. At least you do now, I suppose. Well done.

42 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Let's hope Gary Rowett reads this forum! There is stuff on here about football tactics he probably hasn't thought of.

He's not got the time, still trying to work the fax machine so he can complete on all the bids put in . I'm sure Mel will relay on all the good tactical ideas that he reads on here, though I don't think that will keep him to busy.

Sounded totally like he was off to wolves in his interview. It was practically a come and get me plee.

The last straw was when he said "when you know you're a declining player and you only started the first game because you're in the shop window, you have to think about moving to a club with more cash than sense, but yeah, wolves are a fantastic club and i admire Portuguese football a great deal"

47 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Sounded totally like he was off to wolves in his interview. It was practically a come and get me plee.

The last straw was when he said "when you know you're a declining player and you only started the first game because you're in the shop window, you have to think about moving to a club with more cash than sense, but yeah, wolves are a fantastic club and i admire Portuguese football a great deal"

He didn't really say that unless you have a selective reality setting when it comes to Chris Martin.

I'd back him to get a goal tomorrow, he loves scoring against Wolves.

9 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He didn't really say that unless you have a selective reality setting when it comes to Chris Martin.

I'd back him to get a goal tomorrow, he loves scoring against Wolves.

Phew! ;)

I thought toddy had got your login! :lol:

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They're obviously giving him all this media time because he's in the shop window - Wolves are going to buy him as their club spokesman

Archived