The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just 16 posts to reach the 250 mark. ... Quite an achievement, Chrissy keeps banging them in.

On a more serious note I am beginning to think we might have quite an interesting forward line to mess around with next season. Chris could very easily be the fulcrum around which Nuge,, Vydra, and even Weiman could operate very successfully. The balance of link up and mobility feels good in those 4 

Bent as an impact sub / poacher for last minute cavalry charges. ?

1 hour ago, jono said:

Just 16 posts to reach the 250 mark. ... Quite an achievement, Chrissy keeps banging them in.

I meant pages ... Obviously 

and equally obviously .. I am bored ! 

Where is the scandal ? The transfer shenanigans ? Misbehaviour between the sheets ? Exaggerated wages ? Meltdown in the Forest ? Ninos and Toddy ? 

I am fed up of Corbyn and May in a way that could never happen about footy :lol:

3 hours ago, jono said:

On a more serious note I am beginning to think we might have quite an interesting forward line to mess around with next season. Chris could very easily be the fulcrum around which Nuge,, Vydra, and even Weiman could operate very successfully. The balance of link up and mobility feels good in those 4 

Bent as an impact sub / poacher for last minute cavalry charges. ?

17 pages to go

Also bored

Wearing a Derby shirt or Forest. Stay on your feet.

I understand this is the love in topic for Martin and I love him too, but that doesn't mean he isn't totally immune to criticism. 

It's "gamesmanship" that has spawned blatent cheating, it's what makes the El Classico hard to watch.

If a defender makes enough contact to bring a player down, it's a foul. Launching yourself as your sock was brushed past is a dive, cheat.

I don't like it, no matter who it is. 

Refs get so much **** for getting decisions wrong, might help if they didn't have to decided if X player is trying to con them here, no decision should be influenced by a players reputation of throwing himself around.

Boy that cried wolf. Refs are not completely stupid.

Would rather take a draw than see a player chuck himself to the floor in the 90th minute.

With the new rules coming into play I hope Martin kicks this out his game, the applause for winning a free kick will overshadowed by the bans for cheating.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Would rather take a draw than see a player chuck himself to the floor in the 90th minute.

With the new rules coming into play I hope Martin kicks this out his game, the applause for winning a free kick will overshadowed by the bans for cheating.

I agree in general that I'd rather see players stay on their feet - And harsher punishments for those who are pulled up for breaching new rules on diving I'd be in favour of - I thought the ref in the FA cup final was brilliant to send off Moses for a blatant dive

However I think this one is one of those which looks MUCH worse in slow motion than it did in real time - Watching it at the time I admit my first thought was "classic Chrissy" - And the 'challenge' by Livermore was blatantly just a slip - BUT I'm not sure Martin could have gotten out of the way if he'd tried - And the speed they were both going I think it was inevitable that he was going to take Martin out which is a free kick every single time - Martin may have just been a little theatrical in going down

I actually think he's cut it out of his game quite a lot since the Burnley game in the Smacca playoff season - When he got sent off for a dive which was actually a foul - He threw himself around a LOT before then and I think since he just can't shake that reputation - Plus he spends 90% of most games getting kicked up up the air by 1/2 big ugly defenders without too much complaint 

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Martin may have just been a little theatrical in going down

This is the main thing. Is the theatrical stuff designed to con a ref.

I've slipped on the stairs before with zero contact, it happens, no Sky camera can say you could have stayed on your feet. 

What is obvious is how natural the fall is followed by the head in the ground rolling round as you need a splash of water on your knee.

It's embarrassing when you watch other sports, rugby players getting smashed into then up on their feet in seconds. 

I would say if you're down for 30 seconds you have a 5 minute time out whilst the game goes on but that could send the game into chaos with the likes of Cattermole crunching into players. 

Not sure what the answer is but it needs to stop, Ram on the chest or not.

14 minutes ago, David said:

This is the main thing. Is the theatrical stuff designed to con a ref.

I've slipped on the stairs before with zero contact, it happens, no Sky camera can say you could have stayed on your feet. 

What is obvious is how natural the fall is followed by the head in the ground rolling round as you need a splash of water on your knee.

It's embarrassing when you watch other sports, rugby players getting smashed into then up on their feet in seconds. 

I would say if you're down for 30 seconds you have a 5 minute time out whilst the game goes on but that could send the game into chaos with the likes of Cattermole crunching into players. 

Not sure what the answer is but it needs to stop, Ram on the chest or not.

I'm unsure about the comparison with Rugby - Have been for ages - When you meet footballers in person you realise how rapier thin they are - Even Martin who is considered 'big' by football standard is very small by normal standards - Whereas rugby players are units - Heavily muscled units - And that gives them more protection from a lot of the hits to joints - It's partly why CBs tend to be less injury prone than wingers - You're also more likely to have an impact injury in Rugby were most football injuries are caused when people are stretching for the ball (therefore less protection again)

That said I like the idea that for ANY injury you have to go off the field to be checked - Not sure how you'd balance the Cattermole situation though - As for freekicks you'd be down to 10 men - Maybe a rolling subs system? You have a 12th man who can slot in when the player goes off?

13 minutes ago, Hucknall Ram said:

Martin's second yellow vs Burnley a couple of seasons back springs to mind.

Imagine if Jeff's goal had have stood and we had Martin for the second half and the Millwall game.

The nine point gap doesn't look so big.

49 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I agree in general that I'd rather see players stay on their feet ... Plus he spends 90% of most games getting kicked up up the air by 1/2 big ugly defenders without too much complaint 

Yes, it's okay to say don't 'dive' but if a player isn't getting protection from the ref then 'exaggerating' a foul is often the only way to balance things out.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, it's okay to say don't 'dive' but if a player isn't getting protection from the ref then 'exaggerating' a foul is often the only way to balance things out.

By removing the question did he dive from the refs mind we might see that better protection.

Refs watch games on MOTD, they will see the cheating as the cameras show the replies from every angle possible. 

They could be the ref for his next game, doesn't win a free kick as the dive is in his mind. 

I blame managers, coaches for this, win at all costs. "I didn't see it".

Retrospective action will hopefully be the best thing to happen in football for a while.

5 minutes ago, David said:

By removing the question did he dive from the refs mind we might see that better protection.

But will the retrospective action be enough to stop diving? Hanging didn't stop murder, etc. The refs need to get it right on the pitch, that's much more likely to stop diving.

Plus it's one thing to say it was a dive when there's no contact, it's another thing entirely when there is contact.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

But will the retrospective action be enough to stop diving? Hanging didn't stop murder, etc. The refs need to get it right on the pitch, that's much more likely to stop diving.

Plus it's one thing to say it was a dive when there's no contact, it's another thing entirely when there is contact.

I don't think it will be enough to see a change overnight no, I think clubs need to also push the no diving by hitting players in the pocket. It's been a part of the game for so long now it won't be easy to solve, if there's one thing I like to think I know without proof is that footballers like money. 

A ban = Saturday off, is that really a deterorant when they still get paid regardless, they might miss out on appearance bonuses but still, a hefty fine this is Derby County, we play football the right way not cheats would send out a strong message. Refs would like this as well. That may see us in better light when it comes to real fouls.

On 8 June 2017 at 22:07, dcfc_ryan said:

Made quite a big Chris Martin video a month or so back for all the Chris Martin fan girls like myself! Showcasing predominantly his link up play and best goals. Take a look if interested :-)

I could watch that all day long, everyday, for the rest of my life and die a happy ram. 

His passing is wonderful, sublime, he's a great player and a fantastic player for Derby County Football Club.

For those that can't see that or understand how good he is or choose not to like the guy might be better off watching golf instead!

Ohhhhh Super Chris Martin get that Rams strip back on and do your stuff son, you are the special one.

Archived