Max Lowe

Rev

12 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

We'll see. I'm not sure about that. Wingers tend to convert to fullbacks rather than the other way  round. He's only 19 or something like that and has got plenty of time to improve.

Not pretending I haven't made a pretty big call. Usually when players convert to full-backs, they weren't quite good enough to play further forward but have the skills to learn the new position.

It all depends on how he adapts when opposing managers start to identify his weaknesses. That's when the learning starts.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Good performance by Max today. Lots of energy, great on the ball and some excellent last ditch tackles. Needs to just work on positioning and holding rather than getting drawn into a challenge but that will come with experience. Loving the young lads being in the first team squad.

Yes my view too.

Positional sense is his main learning area short term for me, just so he doesn't leave us exposed. That will come with experience and games. Will get better attacking naturally, being aware of his position is key to his development now.

Need to keep playing him, that tackle in the first half could have saved a goal, he has massive potential and I expect he'll be challenging for England, right through the lower age teams, providing he keeps his place.

Bright future ahead of him and another to cherish, encourage and be proud of for many seasons ahead I reckon.

Making good ground from his U21 days, his crossing the most notable improvement. He's playing against attackers who have more dimensions than he was used to at that level, and that comes across occasionally, but I think overall he's far ahead of most full backs at his age and I maintain he's one of our best prospects.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Making good ground from his U21 days, his crossing the most notable improvement. He's playing against attackers who have more dimensions than he was used to at that level, and that comes across occasionally, but I think overall he's far ahead of most full backs at his age and I maintain he's one of our best prospects.

He has a very bright future ahead of him. 

He did switch off for their first goal but other than that had a very good game.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 22:22, reveldevil said:

Just heard his interview on Radio Derby, more difficult circumstances to make a debut are hard to imagine.

Well done fella, a good performance by the sounds of it, and to be rolled out for the media afterwards can't have been easy, but he handled it well.

Let's hope this is the start of a long 1st team career for the boy.

He could go all the way, for sure. If there are more Max Lowes coming through the academy the club has a great future.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to be a massive talent, early days yet of course but if he keeps this up he could be the next will Hughes as an academy success story. Every time I've seen him he looked to be the complete full back, he's very composed and has excellent reading of play, can attack as well and seems to have a good cross on him. If his development continues can definately see him becoming a premier league player in the future, maybe even an international. All about how he goes on from here, if he keeps this up and stays injury free he'll be our first choice left back established by the end of the season easily

4 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Very assured display, but at his age you have to expect a few off games as well and Rams fans are not the most patient group.

Season was declared over last month so should be alright this season

5 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Very assured display, but at his age you have to expect a few off games as well and Rams fans are not the most patient group.

Disagree with that, although i do get your point generally. I think we're pretty good mostly with players who put a shift in and especially our own lads. He's getting to be a bit of a favourite anyhow.

Archived