Pearson Suspended

CornwallRam

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hawsbee and Jacobs have always been the best thing on there, shame their show is on at a weird time. They are funny, there to have a laugh and seem a bit more balanced in what they cover.

Durham is only there to be controversial and basically disagree with the norm so that callers ring in and can argue with him. I dont actually genunally think he believes half of his arguments its just there to give the callers something to debate.

4 hours ago, Anon said:

Eh, it's still football 24/7, which you can't really go wrong with. The only people I absolutely refuse to listen to are Durham and Gough. They are basically professional trolls who say deliberately stupid things to get idiots to ring in.

I think you can go wrong with it. Especially in those summer months or when there are nothing games on. They still talk about football all the time when ocassionally just occasionally there is other stuff in the sporting world going on. Such as once every 4 years an Olympic games for example.

Heard a lot of 'due diligence' being spouted by Mel before NP appointed. I presume this is about analysing whether a prospective manager would fit the model we have at the club. You don't have to do a great deal of research outside the internet to know NP is a strong bully in the playground character. So what baffles me is Mel knew this (as we all did) and subsequently (reportedly) the players revolted, why Mel took the side of the players. 

8 hours ago, Anon said:

Eh, it's still football 24/7, which you can't really go wrong with. The only people I absolutely refuse to listen to are Durham and Gough. They are basically professional trolls who say deliberately stupid things to get idiots to ring in.

Too many adverts and plugs for betting company's. I est that there is less than 30 mins content every hour. Trash.

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

H&J are brilliant, as was Colin Murray n Friends.

Agree with H&J, TS will miss Murray, Jim White is a joke. I thought Collymore was excellent on a Monday night. 

Best thing they have done is give Danny Kelly more airtime. I know he's not everyones cup of tea but I love the knowledge he brings to most subjects, plus his My sporting life shows are a good listen. 

8 minutes ago, steve brummie said:

We old uns were spoiled by so many years listening to the superlative work of Graham Richards.

He could even make defeat a little easier to digest.

I caught the last few season's of Richards' commentary. I also enjoyed Ted McMinn on Radio Derby (was it Billy Davies fell out with him?)

H&J by far the best show. The two mikes need euthanizing, the adverts are unbearably annoying and always lead me to switch off until they've finished. Jim White ok. Durham I quite like - he's antagonistic but I generally agree with his views.  Goughy annoying. Alan Brazil is an ********. That's it really.

Is Pearson still suspended then? :)

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Well this suspension is dragging on a bit, maybe they are having a problem turning what ever Pearson's action were into a  sack able offence?

We just don't know. Process could have been finished and a decision made either way with a gagging order or agreement to keep quiet. 

No point speculating is there?

52 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

We just don't know. Process could have been finished and a decision made either way with a gagging order or agreement to keep quiet. 

Isn't that what you have done :blink:

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

But he is still our manager, although still suspended.

Well the longer this drags on the more concerned I become Mel can't sack him without it costing him a packet and he decides to let him carry on as manager.

Which in turn makes me wonder how fragile the relationship would be between Pearson and the players who went to Mel in the first instance, he'd want to show them who's boss, they'd prefer he was gone....not good.

1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Well the longer this drags on the more concerned I become Mel can't sack him without it costing him a packet and he decides to let him carry on as manager.

Which in turn makes me wonder how fragile the relationship would be between Pearson and the players who went to Mel in the first instance, he'd want to show them who's boss, they'd prefer he was gone....not good.

Imagine the melt down on here....:D

10 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

No chance, in this theoretical scenario we'd be better off placing him on "Gardening Leave", continuing to pay his weekly salary and putting Chrissy P in charge.

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

No chance, in this theoretical scenario we'd be better off placing him on "Gardening Leave", continuing to pay his weekly salary and putting Chrissy P in charge.

That's all well and good, but has Pearson got 2 years contact, what happens if we don't improve under CP. What do we do then......advertise for a temporary Manager? 

Archived