Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

However you interpret it, you can't have the situation where the players are having to go against what the manager is telling them to do to get results. It undermines the manager completely, to the extent you may as well sack him.

Not saying that as such, but I certainly feel there are too many moments that this team has no drive, no leadership, no one on the pitch who is willing and able to drag the team over the line. That was something I hoped Pearson would sort and so far, not at all. Manager number 4 and I still see the same issues when things get tough. When do we decide that a new manager each time it gets a bit tough has done all it can? I do think Pearson is making life incredibly difficult for himself but the players have to do more.

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

I stayed until the bitter end, so please learn to read. I know that would make you almost unique in Leeds, but at least have a go. My wife left before the end - I didn't.

I read the whole post, I was referring to it being ironic that you are more than happy to call people for not giving their full support to the team, and yet your wife can't even manage lasting a full 90 minutes today....are you sure she is not a red dog :-)

2 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

Not saying that as such, but I certainly feel there are too many moments that this team has no drive, no leadership, no one on the pitch who is willing and able to drag the team over the line. That was something I hoped Pearson would sort and so far, not at all. Manager number 4 and I still see the same issues when things get tough. When do we decide that a new manager each time it gets a bit tough has done all it can? I do think Pearson is making life incredibly difficult for himself but the players have to do more.

That may have been the case under mcclaren, and maybe wassall, where we were playing to the players strengths, but we maybe just lacked that extra 5% on occasion. But what we're seeing this season, and to a lesser extent under clement, isn't really anything to do with lack of leadership or desire, or workrate, or effort IMO.  The players look like they have no clue what they are supposed to be doing, and they're being asked to do things they just can't do.  Leadership and effort will only get you so far - it can be a basis to build something on, but you have to actually build something on top of it.  Effort and leadership alone will get you nowhere.

We haven't yet had a manager that's tried to actually fix the issues with mcclarens team (some kind of cover for Thorne and Martin, find someway of playing when we can't get the ball into martins feet etc).  Clement made some major changes, wassall tried to get back to what we had but couldn't totally get there, and pearson has tried to burn the whole thing down. I would really like us to at least try and fix what we have before we bin the whole lot.

4 hours ago, YouRams said:

It's clear we have a deep routed problem with players not wanting to play for certain managers, and not having the bottle to ever be successful for our club. Pearson is having the steel to out those players, to sack him before he rids of all of them would be disastrous. 

Anyone know what was meant about the "legal" stuff call, they were very quick to end that conversation, my guess is something to do with PC? 

I left the ground thinking NP ain't got a clue, however I listened to the radio and the above quote is spot on. There are bad apples within that dressing room but will they go before the manager. Over to you Mel, just remember most of the players have failed for 3 years

2 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

That may have been the case under mcclaren, and maybe wassall, where we were playing to the players strengths, but we maybe just lacked that extra 5% on occasion. But what we're seeing this season, and to a lesser extent under clement, isn't really anything to do with lack of leadership or desire, or workrate, or effort IMO.  The players look like they have no clue what they are supposed to be doing, and they're being asked to do things they just can't do.  Leadership and effort will only get you so far - it can be a basis to build something on, but you have to actually build something on top of it.  Effort and leadership alone will get you nowhere.

We haven't yet had a manager that's tried to actually fix the issues with mcclarens team (some kind of cover for Thorne and Martin, find someway of playing when we can't get the ball into martins feet etc).  Clement made some major changes, wassall tried to get back to what we had but couldn't totally get there, and pearson has tried to burn the whole thing down. I would really like us to at least try and fix what we have before we bin the whole lot.

Something tells me that had Wassall been given the job full time the first thing he woul have done was gone out and bought a defensive midfielder. I'm sure he knew he got it wrong without Thorne in the first leg against Hull.

3 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Not a bin big enough

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or because you wanted to play with pace and he wasn't that fast? Why invent excuses when the truth is so simple?!

It could well be as simple as that but without breaking forum rules, and I know you shouldn't believe everything you hear but you hear a lot more behind the scenes stories about certain players than others.

Those who are saying 'Pearson Out' are the kind who press Ctrl+Alt+Del if their computer doesn't respond within a nanosecond or when their team go 1-0 down on FIFA they start the season again.

Whether we're in the bottom three or second, fourth, eighth, wherever is no different in September.

There appears to be an issue with discipline with this squad. They're happy to play for McClaren & Wassall (soft touches), but struggle with Clough (to some extent), Clement & Pearson. And I think that's what Pearson was getting at.

The old squad that we all love is being stripped apart and that's the right thing to do.

The only criticism I have is that Pearson cannot keep trying to force a formation that doesn't suit the players we have. I would expect professional footballers to adapt, but that isn't the case for us. More like we have a few who like to sulk if things aren't going well.

Its a shame we haven't got a team full of Craig Bryson's.

4 hours ago, Poole jock ram said:

If he has gone before Tuesday,then we have a chance of actually getting something out of the match. If he's still at the helm doing things "the Derby way" then God help us!!! He has got to be "thee" worst manager we have ever had! !!! I recall walking out of Huish Park 3 seasons ago after a convincing 3-0 win and a Yeovil fan came up to me and said that we were a very,very good side in fact the best side that he had seen so far in that season. What on earth has happened since Coco took over???? Put him in the wheelie bin-if u can get his effin head in it,that is!!! Embarrassing! !!

Who in then? 

I just can't accept that a manager can have that much of an influence good or bad in such a short time.

The championship is a solid league with at least ten teams capable of promotion. This season the spending has been at Premier league level, yet Pearson has spent f%#k all really. Mainly because we blew it all on ***** last summer.

Morris is guilty of being naive enough to think that he could buy the league and have his say when it wasn't needed. That's now affecting Pearson because he has to ship out before he can bring anyone in. And low and behold they're (Bent, Ince, Johnson, etc) on decent contracts and nobody wants to buy them. Yet they all no doubt believe they should be playing ahead of others and are moaning/sulking in training.

Pearson just needs to fall on his sword a bit and try a different formation. Until January that's all he can do.

Why does NP keep using both Ince and Blackman from the bench and nothing ever happens when they've come on? Replace them with youngsters and bring them on for 15 / 20 minutes instead or you're basically wasting substitutions. Can't hurt surely?

This is what I don't understand. Why keep using them when they don't bring anything to the performance?

7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Why does NP keep using both Ince and Blackman from the bench and nothing ever happens when they've come on? Replace them with youngsters and bring them on for 15 / 20 minutes instead or you're basically wasting substitutions. Can't hurt surely?

This is what I don't understand. Why keep using them when they don't bring anything to the performance?

That is the thing, I would be more sympathetic to NP's views if he tried different things his subs are so predictable right now, for example to random defender off for an attacker with 7 mins to go!

Archived