Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

5 months ago, more goals in 90 minutes, than 810 this season!

And what's the first thing you notice from this video? Three strong players in Thorne, Martin and Johnson bringing out the more delicate skills of players like Ince, Bryson. 

Secondly there was genuine camraderie between the players on the pitch. Then all we had to worry about was whether Ince and Martin got on with each other. Now nobody gets on! Pearce, Keogh, Carson constantly moaning at each other yesterday.

Thirdly, look at the movement - we might have lacked pace but we had a willingness to run and create space for each other. 

I know we weren't perfect last year but I can't believe that we needed to rip that team apart in order to go up.  Personally, I think finding a replacement for Thorne would have been enough to put us in the mix again.

Now we need a total rebuild because we've shot the confidence of this group of players and they seem to play like a bunch of strangers now.

Makes me want to weep!

40 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh god not Phil brown lol

Pearson's interview sounds just like Brown used to - demanding more effort, needing 'men out there' sort of comments. I hope to God he doesn't throw the youngsters in, it'd just compound the disaster he's turned out to be!

I would hope that during his interviews Mel asked Pearson what his game plan would be (with regards team development not in match specifically). I assume that that plan is now being followed. Surely Mel knew that this appointment would be either his Brian Clough/Jim Smith  or his Tommy Docherty/Paul Jewel. He now has, in my opinion, one option. He has to give Pearson the time and the freedom to make it work. God I hope we've got our new Brian Clough!

16 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Listening on Radio Derby I've not heard Pearson do that before.

Says they're not working hard enough and showed a lack of commitment, and got exactly what they deserved today. He's intimated there'll be a lot of changes for Tuesday.

He says we're not playing with drive or commitment. That he'd normally protect his players but he can't pull the wool over people's eyes.

Interestingly he talked about perhaps introducing the younger players who want to play for Derby County.

He was asked if some of the players didn't want to play for him and he didn't deny it. Interesting times.

So why did HE pick them ?

Isn't this otherwise known as losing the dressingroom ?

Pearson is under a lot of pressure and Mel holds the key. Though I must question Pearsons tactics or the lack of them I don't think giving him the sack would be a good thing so early. However if Mel did press the button im sure Chrissy Powell would be given the job. 

Tough decisions ahead for Mel because attendances are dropping in line with some woeful football , so does he stick or twist ?? 

18 minutes ago, Bound 2 tease said:

So why did HE pick them ?

Isn't this otherwise known as losing the dressingroom ?

Not sure why you believe he has lost the dressing room ? I read his interview rather than rely on third hand information, and to me he is implying that the players are coping well, as both individuals and a team with the lack of confidence that is around at the moment.

It looks to me that the players are hiding at the moment rather than playing to their full ability, and he hasn't got enough players on the pitch that can get over this mental hurdle and means they are not carrying out his instructions on the pitch.  

He accepts responsibility in that it's a reflection on the coaching staff and himself, so I'm not sure what reaction people want from him, to say that everything is ok? We didn't deserve to lose etc etc....

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It looks to me that the players are hiding at the moment rather than playing to their full ability, and he hasn't got enough players on the pitch that can get over this mental hurdle and means they are not carrying out his instructions on the pitch.  

By enough players on the pitch, I presume you mean a whole different squad? We could sell Hughes and fund some of it. I wonder what the team will look and play like! It's his job as manager (and this is why he was bought in, surely) to get the players over their 'mental hurdles'?! It's what good managers do. Bad managers blame their players!

40 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Not sure why you believe he has lost the dressing room ? I read his interview rather than rely on third hand information, and to me he is implying that the players are coping well, as both individuals and a team with the lack of confidence that is around at the moment.

He accepts responsibility in that it's a reflection on the coaching staff and himself, so I'm not sure what reaction people want from him, to say that everything is ok? We didn't deserve to lose etc etc....

didn't say that that I'd believed he lost the dressing room. "Isn't this otherwise known as..." are different words.

The second part,  A ) What do you think the players are hiding from ?  

47 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Should also add ...what third party information am I privy to , mystery to me ? 

If I was Pearson, and I had turned a top 6 side into one that could well be relegated, I would blame the players too.

I'd fondle McClaren's balls to get him back at this moment in time. He knows the players, I'd have no doubt we would quickly improve. It's just annoying that Pearson has managed to make such a big mess in a short space of time! 

1 hour ago, Bound 2 tease said:

Should also add ...what third party information am I privy to , mystery to me ? 

Think you misunderstood, I was referring to someone giving their version of a Pearson interview that happened on the radio, to which I hadn't listened to.

I used to play football, albeit at a **** level, when I was having a bad game and confidence was down I wouldn't want the ball, I would do the easy thing and often went into "hiding", I wouldn't find the space or make runs, and quite often it was the people around me who suffered as a result and make them look bad.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

By enough players on the pitch, I presume you mean a whole different squad? We could sell Hughes and fund some of it. I wonder what the team will look and play like! It's his job as manager (and this is why he was bought in, surely) to get the players over their 'mental hurdles'?! It's what good managers do. Bad managers blame their players!

So he is a bad manager because he has said the players also have to take responsibility, I think conte said something similar after their loss...he a bad manager to?

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

So he is a bad manager because he has said the players also have to take responsibility, I think conte said something similar after their loss...he a bad manager to?

Ditto David Moyes after Sunderland were beaten being 2-0 up "we need our players to accept a level of responsibility that's it's not all down to me and my staff.........the players have to do their bit and I'm not sure that in certain situations they did". Fair comment.

Why not blame the players,it is a simple way out to blame the manager,and move on with the next guy.

Do not forget Pearson did not bring them to the club,His job is to give them a opportunity to play in a winning team.

This they have failed to do,Bent-Ince-Weiman=Butterfield-Johnson-Camara-Blackman,all big money signings on good contracts,,but have not consolidated their position in the team.Under-McClaren--Clement-Wassell-or Pearson,.

Players sitting on long contracts letting the club play the blame game has to stop,Pearson has been brought in by Mel Morris, to do a job,They know who have a bad attitude,And it takes time to move them on ,while trying not to give them away,To move forward very often you have to take a step back,All the players are being given a opportunity,to show commitment to the club

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

Time will tell. There's a difference between getting the players to accept responsibility, and playing 'the blame game' - which Pearson seems to be developing as the team flounders!

Archived