Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

I don't think the team of bottlers was that bad finishing in the play offs 2 seasons out of the last 3 and losing a game at Wembley we totally dominated (which sometimes just happens in football). Also add to that a lot of the time playing attacking football that was great to watch. 

I would rather be watching what we had than this absolute rubbish we are watching this season. A top 6 side has been dismantled in 10 games, the muppets have got what they wanted and destroyed everything that's been good about us. Playing the ball into martin with runners from midfield was so predictable, the way we play now is so much harder to defend against. Madness 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Why does NP keep using both Ince and Blackman from the bench and nothing ever happens when they've come on? Replace them with youngsters and bring them on for 15 / 20 minutes instead or you're basically wasting substitutions. Can't hurt surely?

This is what I don't understand. Why keep using them when they don't bring anything to the performance?

He keeps taking off a central midfielder for Ince. We already struggle to get decent service into the forwards, and when this happens, we find it even harder, so they all struggle.  Not denying they're also both on awful runs of form as well though.

5 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

He keeps taking off a central midfielder for Ince. We already struggle to get decent service into the forwards, and when this happens, we find it even harder, so they all struggle.  Not denying they're also both on awful runs of form as well though.

Fair points and not going to disagree with that but they both are supposed to be talented attacking players with great ability and the reason they are brought on is to take their chance and effect the game as best they can. Hopefully with a view to convincing the manager that he is wrong about them and they deserve a starting berth. They aren't even noticed when they come on which despite how they fit into the system when they come on, highlights a lack of something in both players.

13 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

I don't think the team of bottlers was that bad finishing in the play offs 2 seasons out of the last 3 and losing a game at Wembley we totally dominated (which sometimes just happens in football). Also add to that a lot of the time playing attacking football that was great to watch. 

I would rather be watching what we had than this absolute rubbish we are watching this season. A top 6 side has been dismantled in 10 games, the muppets have got what they wanted and destroyed everything that's been good about us. Playing the ball into martin with runners from midfield was so predictable, the way we play now is so much harder to defend against. Madness 

5 months ago, more goals in 90 minutes, than 810 this season!

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I read the whole post, I was referring to it being ironic that you are more than happy to call people for not giving their full support to the team, and yet your wife can't even manage lasting a full 90 minutes today....are you sure she is not a red dog :-)

I think it's far more dignified to leave early than to hurl abuse at players, management etc like others do. But you wouldn't understand that, would you?

3 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

5 months ago, more goals in 90 minutes, than 810 this season!

Balls into strikers feet, midfielders making runs off the ball, through balls to wingers, strikers holding the ball up, players in the final third with other players near them, we used to be able to do all of that :(.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think it's far more dignified to leave early than to hurl abuse at players, management etc like others do. But you wouldn't understand that, would you?

No I stay until the end to give my support, I'm not a fair weather supporter that leaves when the going gets tough, however I can understand if people get frustrated.  Ironic is though when you spend two years lecturing people on how to support a team, taking the mickey with your BCO comments and yet you messiah  iOS and leaves as soon as the chips are down....comedy gold at its best 

I don't think the current crop of players look like they like each other. There appears very little laughing and joking pre-match and when the whistle blows, they don't support and help each other with unselfish running, covering and encouragement.

I think Derby has developed into a 'toxic' club of known bottlers and that's why we are

a) not attracting the players we would like

b) being unable to get rid of the culprits

That's a tough situation for any manager.

I have supported Pearson in the hope I would see what we is trying to achieve. However, I still can't see how this team is trying to win its games.

Sulking players and a sulking manager is a recipe for disaster.

13 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I have a very simple policy for this. If a manager asks a player to do what he's good at and the player plays badly, I blame the player.  If a manager asks a player to do something he's bad at and the player plays badly, I blame the manager.  I am not blaming a single player tonight.

I'm at the end of the line with Pearson it wouldn't bother me if tomorrow's phone in was discussing who should take over from the departed Pearson... However I'm sure Pearson asked the defence to defend, something which we can agree they are good at, something which they didn't do well at all for both Blackburn goals... 

Dont get me wrong we were ***** yesterday and a win would have papered over cracks but those goals we conceded are down to the players...the general performance which was ***** was down to Pearson.

11 hours ago, philmycock said:

There's a major reason for this

Elaborate??

10 hours ago, Ram79 said:

After blaming the players I suspect they may let Cardiff walk it in the hope Pearson gets the boot he must be close .

And if this happens I will post my season ticket and every Derby shirt from this group of players' era to moor farm and I'll not show my face at matches until every one of those playing has left the club. 

Don't know if anybody else noticed but at the final whistle there was a number of players that slumped to knees or hit the deck.

wasnt the reaction of a set of players that don't give a .....

i don't see a massive change in their application, they still run as they did for Wassall previously or even clement 

what I do see though Is a team with absolutely no game plan or if there is it's basic park kick and hope football no wonder they're looking bewildered, disjointed and a complete mess

the current tactics if u wanted to call them that are a complete joke 

i wanted Pearson and I still hope/believe he can sort us out but we simply don't have the players to play the sort of football he wants us too, so it does baffles me that he's still trying this mass overhaul in playing style, surely a gradual transition would have been less damaging 

5 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

Was he making a tantrum statement "Why am I playing left back" ?

Absolutely 

funny u say that, turned to my dad and said that's why he's not a left f ing midfielder.

dont get me wrong as a professional footballer he should still be able to take a throw in obviously,

but Weimann is a forward, not a left midfielder, not a right midfielder a straight forward rapid sticker who thinks like a forward, his use of the ball in deep lying areas highlights this, he's so rediculously cheap with the ball it hurts but what he made his name as was a busy little forward who made intelligent runs playing on the shoulder.

not left back lol 

10 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Don't know if anybody else noticed but at the final whistle there was a number of players that slumped to knees or hit the deck.

wasnt the reaction of a set of players that don't give a .....

i don't see a massive change in their application, they still run as they did for Wassall previously or even clement 

what I do see though Is a team with absolutely no game plan or if there is it's basic park kick and hope football no wonder they're looking bewildered, disjointed and a complete mess

the current tactics if u wanted to call them that are a complete joke 

i wanted Pearson and I still hope/believe he can sort us out but we simply don't have the players to play the sort of football he wants us too, so it does baffles me that he's still trying this mass overhaul in playing style, surely a gradual transition would have been less damaging 

Good post.

The interview was very revealing - with Pearson not taking any responsibility on himself. He clearly thinks that it is all down to hard work and that will sort things.

What does he see in training that justifies his team selections? 

He seems to lack any emotional identification with our club. Can't imagine how his 'cold fish' approach will motivate players. He has to be given more time but by Christmas we'll know if he is a Jim Smith or a Phil Brown.

Archived