Pearson blames the players

Carl Sagan

Just now, PistoldPete2 said:

I didn't see that but I had already posted that I thought hughes had a poor game and I wouldn't be surprised if he was dropped for Tuesday and is one of the players that Pearson is referring to. Unfortunately my post was lost in the ether... It's been one of those days

I thought he was our best player!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Read enough of abuse towards the players.... same players who cruelly lost at wembley.... got screwed by macca.... year after were 5 points off top then managerless and left with waffle and still made top 6.... now relegation fodder.... bad players? No bad clueless passionless manager

Come on. How many of the players that started today played in that Wembley final when we were actually a good team? No grant, Forsyth, Buxton or wisdom. No Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Martin or I think Dawkins may have started. So only two players keogh and Hughes started today that started at Wembley. We're far from the same team so how can you say that team had success so should this? This team is **** and Pearson has inherited it. I like the look of vydra and anya which are the only two signings he's made 

Just now, philmycock said:

I thought he was our best player!

So did I - although like every other Derby player with the possible exception of Blackman, he seems to have forgotten how to cross a ball.

Pearson has absolutely to accept his share of the responsibility.

But do professional players really need to be told by a manager that having taken the lead they ought to defend and keep it tight for a few minutes in case the opposition might want to try and equalise? Their attitude and application for the 10 minutes after we scored was utterly pathetic. And no coach can be blamed for that.

2 minutes ago, CumbrianRam said:

I did too

Ok just me then. Being our best player doesn't mean he wasn't poor tho. I thought christie did well with little support on the right. And vydra looked menacing once he scored a very good goal. Apart from that we were pretty rubbish all thru the team. 

2 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

Pearson has absolutely to accept his share of the responsibility.

But do professional players really need to be told by a manager that having taken the lead they ought to defend and keep it tight for a few minutes in case the opposition might want to try and equalise? Their attitude and application for the 10 minutes after we scored was utterly pathetic. And no coach can be blamed for that.

He should drop the players respsonisble, if he says the same things and picks the same team who do the same then he loses the argument imo

We might be missing the point. When a new manager comes in to any business and decides to change things you always get varying grades of resistance. Rarely does everyone agree with them. We have a core of players who have been together for a few years and witnessed a few managers. Finally one has come in with the guts to remove a senior player he sees as superfluous to his plans and maybe the rest do not like it.

Even if some players are being played out of position that doesn't give them the right to sulk and show no comment.

Tuesday night will tell all. If Pearson brings in the youth along side his new signings and they win, well then we will know where the blame lies.

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

So did I - although like every other Derby player with the possible exception of Blackman, he seems to have forgotten how to cross a ball.

Blackman can cross a ball? I hadn't noticed , but if it's true get him in the team . Hughes took corners that were bad. When did we last score from a corner.. Must have been about a year ago I think. 

17 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Come on. How many of the players that started today played in that Wembley final when we were actually a good team? No grant, Forsyth, Buxton or wisdom. No Thorne, Hendrick, Russell, Martin or I think Dawkins may have started. So only two players keogh and Hughes started today that started at Wembley. We're far from the same team so how can you say that team had success so should this? This team is **** and Pearson has inherited it. I like the look of vydra and anya which are the only two signings he's made 

It was his choice to send our top goalscorer for the last three seasons out on loan. It was his choice to let go our best ball playing defender and dressing room leader. Don't kid yourself, Pearson may not have signed most of this squad, but he's done a damn fine job of dismantling it's better parts.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I'm split 3 ways on this.

1/3 is frustrated at the way we are playing, and I don't know whether it is down to stupidity or intransigence, let alone whether said stupidity or intransigence is down to the players or the management..

1/3 is utterly furious that the Memsahib is so pissed off at Pearson that she walked out after 75 minutes today, and that has put me in an impossible position, because I stayed to the bitter end. So what do I say when she speaks to me again, possibly asking whether I think more of Derby County than I do of her? *

1/3 still thinks that a lot of my fellow Derby fans are complete idiots for drumming Clement and Wassall out of the job, but at the moment I'm not sure that drumming Pearson out would not redeem them in my eyes.

*No, the answer is not "I think more of Nottingham Forest than I do of you"

Ironic that you have spent years telling everyone how the club has your unreserved support no matter who the manager, players or chairman is, and how booing the players is so wrong...at least they last the 90 minutes to voice their opinion.

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Ironic that you have spent years telling everyone how the club has your unreserved support no matter who the manager, players or chairman is, and how booing the players is so wrong...at least they last the 90 minutes to voice their opinion.

Eddie did last the 90 minutes. He says he 'stayed to the bitter end'.

Just as much the players fault than NP.

Time and time again in pre season it's the same story from them "We know we have to be more consistent", "I wasn't good enough"...

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-i-had-a-really-poor-season-admits-rams-forward-johnny-russell/story-29465435-detail/story.html

Should have sold the lot and rebuilt in the summer. Sticking with them and having the "I see potential" approach was Pearsons biggest mistake. 

Make a loss on Ince, Shackell, Weimann and bring through Elnsik, Stabanna, Guy, Verman into the first team.

Archived