Beer Thread

Cisse

4 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m currently enjoying a Vocation barrel aged affogato, 10.7% imperial stout. Released this week so I snapped up 6. Watching Live After Death and loving a respite from worrying about The Rams. Happy Friday everyone.

Mine arrived today.

I'll open one tomorrow. 

Tonight, I've polished off a Kasteel Cuvee de Chateau and a Gulden Draak 9000 Quadrupel. Might round the evening off with something relatively light - Chimay Blue.

Edit: The Memsahib snaffled the last Chimay Blue. St Austell Bad Habit it is.

Edited by Eddie

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Discovered a little bar in Bristol called the Strawberry Thief. Small tables and with food available, the waiter brings a menu with around 70 Belgian beers on it, around eight of which are on draught.

One to visit during the FFP Derby.

Fantastic bar - definitely my favourite watering hole in Brizzle.

20 hours ago, Kinder said:

I’m currently enjoying a Vocation barrel aged affogato, 10.7% imperial stout. Released this week so I snapped up 6. Watching Live After Death and loving a respite from worrying about The Rams. Happy Friday everyone.

I ordered some. It got as far as Leicester and now the tracking says it's on its way back to Vocation. No attempted delivery, no explanation as to why it's gone back to them.

2 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I ordered some. It got as far as Leicester and now the tracking says it's on its way back to Vocation. No attempted delivery, no explanation as to why it's gone back to them.

Hope you get it sorted mate. It’s a good beer, the coffee taste is really lovely. It’s very sweet though, like a lot of the Vocation barrel aged beers, almost a bit too sweet for me. I’m having a Necessary Evil tonight and I think it’s a better balanced beer.

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

Hope you get it sorted mate. It’s a good beer, the coffee taste is really lovely. It’s very sweet though, like a lot of the Vocation barrel aged beers, almost a bit too sweet for me. I’m having a Necessary Evil tonight and I think it’s a better balanced beer.

My first thought - it's nice but as you say, a little on the sweet side. It certainly hides its alcohol well - unfortunately, it also hides any roasted barley taste too. I prefer the Imperial Kirsch as far as Vocation's 'sugary' beers go, but neither are really stouts in the strictest sense of the word. 

19 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Sounds as though it encountered a little too much gravity coupled with rapid deceleration in transit.

14 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Beer tasting in Brussels (I’ll not get to see the match ??)

6D496791-2080-4EFD-99EE-A0FCCE06CDB2.jpeg

Nice.

I still have a bottle of Deus from last year - just got nothing to celebrate yet worthy of a 'champagne' beer. The Lupulus Hibernatus is my current favourite 'winter warmer' - the cinnamon is very subtle allowing the other fruity/caramel notes to shine.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Nice.

I still have a bottle of Deus from last year - just got nothing to celebrate yet worthy of a 'champagne' beer. The Lupulus Hibernatus is my current favourite 'winter warmer' - the cinnamon is very subtle allowing the other fruity/caramel notes to shine.

The The Lupulus Hibernatus was the nicest (imo), some of the higher end (price/%alc) weren’t as drinkable.  Good session though