Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

I try to be a happy clapper, but Pearson is severely testing my positive nature.

Shape, guts, desire, skill all missing, listened on the Radio tonight as abroad, but it sounded poor, and have heard it was gutless from people there. 

I never ever thought I'd say this, but defeat in the next two and I'd gladly see him gone before he completely destroys the club.

You can blame the players if you wish, but I've had it from the horses mouth, less than a year ago that a better, more genuine and down earth bunch of lads wouldn't be possible to imagine, so let's not say massive ego's have undermined the manager.

If anything, a manager with a massive ego has undermined the squad.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

The fans haven't helped but it's not exactly their fault. I went to Fulham to seasons ago when we were top of the league. Loads of fans, loads of support and a dire performance...the rot set in.

That game seems pivotal looking back, the reaction to that way also unreasonable considering what we'd done in the previous six months. That's perhaps when fans started grasping the Newcastle nonsense too.

Right scrap what I said at half time, that second was a bloody embarrassment- we just seemed to give up despite all our good passing play in the first half and try to defend the deficit! Absolutely suicidal tactical move by Pearson to leave a two man midfield- inexcusable mistake to make against a team who pass the ball like Liverpool, we just got torn apart through the middle. I'm not sure what impact he thought Ince would have, we needed someone to stretch Liverpool with a bit more pace and try to force the error, Ince doesn't provide that. The lack of effort and determination to prove themselves by much of the squad in the second half was extremely disappointing, once we'd gone down you'd have thought they'd pour forward and attempt to at least give the crowd something to cheer about, rather than just sit back and try to keep a respectable score. The performance wasn't bad as such against a franckly brilliant Liverpool side, but it just seemed all too 'quiet' for want of a Better word from the players- when really you'd think they'd give everything to impress in such a high level match- it's this that really dissapointed me, not our overall performance. Having said that however our passing was woeful at times, especially out the back, simple mistakes cost us. Anyway ratings

Mitchell:8 MOM- looks a real talent, some good stops, first class distribution and commanded his backline- will be a brilliant player

christie 2- tonight showed why he will never make it at premier league level, his anticipation just isn't there, got torn to shreds and misplaced so many passes

keogh 5- the good, the bad and the ugly. Some great challenges, but some awful clearences and passes

pearce 5- positioning was a bit off, was actually weirdly quite anonymous

ollson 4- a couple of good tackles apart, was torn to shreds by their (excellent) forwards

baird 6- couple of bad passes but generally shielded the back line well

johnson 7- some excellent tackles and some good, some bad passing- is beginning to return to his normal self imo!

hughes 6- some nice bits of skill and good vision, but a few off passes unusually 

butterfield 7- created some good chances and some nice passes as well

Weimann 6- tried his very best to pull things off, lots of energy shame things didn't quite come off

bent 4- some good flick ons but constantly offside- i think he's past it and it's sad to see

subs

ince 4- wrong man, totally ineffectual

elsnik 5- desperate to impress, struggled to get on the ball, but there's a player in there

lowe 4- struggled against very good players, difficult for the young man

Overall imo we weren't awful, just didn't put in the desire I'd expect in a game like this, and it reflects poorly on the players. I keep saying this but we NEED Thorne, we need someone to take control of the game, break up play and allow our midfield to go forward- not getting cover is a huge mistake..

Mitchell - excellent

Christie - just does not have any intelligence

Keogh - below par but still a better performer, mistake for first goal

Pearce - fairly anonymous

Olsson - poor, lots of mistakes

Baird - not a shocker, just looks old

Hughes - bit of a disaster in his big audition

Johnson - disinterested, no effort. Oh bradley where art thou?

Weimann - Meh

Butterfield - fine in spells but some awful passes

Bent - just retire Darren

Losing 3-0 to Liverpool is fine but show some professional pride and desire. Played at walking pace, attacked with no purpose, scared of Liverpool, only pressed them with 10 mins left. 

We are a dream to play against, we are slow, soft and the crowd are silent. Must be the most unintimidating away game in England at the moment. We need something as a catalyst - A GOAL.

Blackburn is a must win.

I cannot understand the tactics tonight. Seemed to concede the wings and have the full backs tucked in. Gave us no end of problems and was never addressed. I can excuse losing to a better team but we just didn't show up. No passion or effort. So frustrated at the minute and it's not helped by Pearson Post match, I think I preferred the waffle interviews. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

I cannot understand the tactics tonight. Seemed to concede the wings and have the full backs tucked in. Gave us no end of problems and was never addressed. I can excuse losing to a better team but we just didn't show up. No passion or effort. So frustrated at the minute and it's not helped by Pearson Post match, I think I preferred the waffle interviews. 

I don't think we conceded the wings at all. I think we tried to stay wide ourselves, just we have nobody even half as competent as their worst player out wide for us. 

I've said before it's time to cut our losses with Christie at RB. So much panic comes down that side it's criminal. He could be the cause of all of our problems but still win acclaim as so much comes from that side of the pitch that he sees so much ball.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I don't think we conceded the wings at all. I think we tried to stay wide ourselves, just we have nobody even half as competent as their worst player out wide for us. 

I've said before it's time to cut our losses with Christie at RB. So much panic comes down that side it's criminal. He could be the cause of all of our problems but still win acclaim as so much comes from that side of the pitch that he sees so much ball.

The full backs were extremely narrow and only close wingers down once they had received the ball. No pressure on first touch at all. 

Desperately disappointed not to try to win this cup game, what has happened to cup football? It should be free to season ticket holders and £10 to anyone else because That was nothing more than a very lame pre- season friendly in which not a tackle was made, I want my money back or rather I may not bother going to another cup game because if my team don't try why should I .

19 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

That game seems pivotal looking back, the reaction to that way also unreasonable considering what we'd done in the previous six months. That's perhaps when fans started grasping the Newcastle nonsense too.

What reaction? The entire Derby end was singing "2-0 down, who gives a ****? Wer're Derby County and we're going up." on 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I thought we needed a RB all summer, but in the current squad who do we go with instead? Baird?

I think Christie got a lot of respect off some fans because he turned himself around from being so bad at the end of his first season here to being pretty decent (or decent looking) last season. It's brought him time and tolerance not shown to some other players.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

The heart of this CLUB (not team) left the moment the fans moaned about a 3-0 win against Brighton. 

The bond was broken. The feelgood factor washed away in an afternoon. Just like that it became acceptable to criticise winning professionally and the team has NEVER recovered, and never will into everyone here then has gone!

Sorry Mostyn but that is total rubbish.

The bond was broken when people booed when we lost 3-0 away at Cambridge United in 1980.

Bloody good day out though!

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

What reaction? The entire Derby end was singing "2-0 down, who gives a ****? Wer're Derby County and we're going up." on 90 minutes.

What about after? The following days, the criticism? The starting on players in pitcher and piano? Etc etc etc

8 minutes ago, Anon said:

Agreed. Can Mostyn also elaborate on this moaning at the Brighton win, I don't recall anything at the time and can't remember hearing anything at the game? 

No one can pin point what's gone wrong. The fans aren't helping now, the atmosphere is non existent or poisonous, but we didn't start the rot that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I thought we needed a RB all summer, but in the current squad who do we go with instead? Baird?

I think Christie got a lot of respect off some fans because he turned himself around from being so bad at the end of his first season here to being pretty decent (or decent looking) last season. It's brought him time and tolerance not shown to some other players.

I'd be tempted to go to either a back 3/5 with Keogh, Pearce and Shackell, or move Keogh out to RB. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

What about after? The following days, the criticism? The starting on players in pitcher and piano? Etc etc etc

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it because I tend to completely ignore gossip about what players have been up to in town etc... I can well imagine that some bell ends may have had a go. All I can tell you is that the traveling fans, to a man, were well behind the team.

33 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I disagree I think that insipid performance and result  will have a further detrimental effect on the rock bottom confidence of our team. On another point isn't that the managers job to instill belief in his players, just a thought. 

I have to agree, it's all about lack of confidence right now & tonight's game against Liverpool couldn't have come along at a worse time sadly. I really don't know what the answer is, but it might well get worse before it gets better. Next two games pivotal even at this early stage to the rest of our season ahead.

Kloppo likes the pressing game.

If only he had come here, it would suit us.

Not only that, he likes to encourage and be positive to get the best out of confidence players.

An arm round the shoulder man if you will.

Thanks Mel for employing the discipinarian we currently have.

2 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Agreed. Can Mostyn also elaborate on this moaning at the Brighton win, I don't recall anything at the time and can't remember hearing anything at the game? 

No one can pin point what's gone wrong. The fans aren't helping now, the atmosphere is non existent or poisonous, but we didn't start the rot that's it for sure. 

Do you think criticism only happens inside the stadium on match days? 

Do yourself a favour, hang around speak to players. They get abused in petrol stations, in pubs, on social media, picking their kids up from school.

Archived