Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

Just now, tomsdubs said:

Feeling less connected with these players by the game, going through the motions ****. Who cares about the club? Just feels like 11 mercenaries.

The heart of the team from 3 seasons ago has been ripped out somewhere along the line. I feel no connection whatsoever. I did not think I would be saying that this season. I expected that we may have to accept lesser football style under Pearson but I'm shocked at the lack of fight from the current players.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

The players must hate playing for Pearson. Being played out of position, constantly being asked to do things they aren't good at, selling the top goal scorer and top assister of the last three seasons. Tactics that put them at a disadvantage before they've even stepped on the pitch.

Leicester players didn't but hey had some real quality and pace through the team. 

Three positives:

1) Some of the youth got half an hour with the first team.

2) No injuries.

3) I made money on this game.

The rest of it was dross, took us 3 goals to bother playing against them. They didn't need to turn up, they lazily mucked up two or three sitters so far as easy assists go in the first half. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

Missing my point Podgey

They don't make the mistakes that Keogh does!

Think you'll find they do.

Last game of the season vs Reading - Hughes underhits a pass that allows the Reading player to nip in from which they score.

Hull last seasons play offs - Bryson misses a guilt edged chance to level the tie, putting the ball wide from 5 yards out.

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Oh well, I'm quite pleased we never got a real mauling score wise, Blackburn's the important game for me, we were never going to get anything from this match. 

Far too much common sense in this post to be of any interest to some of our 'fans'

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Think you'll find they do.

Last game of the season vs Reading - Hughes underhits a pass that allows the Reading player to nip in from which they score.

Hull last seasons play offs - Bryson misses a guilt edged chance to level the tie, putting the ball wide from 5 yards out.

When you can tell me 15-20 more that each of those 2 has made then come back pal......

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

So what does Chris Powell do, and goal scoring coach Kevin Philips it's just quite unreal we can't score. 

Time for kevin Phillips to put his boots on.. he cant do any worse than this shower can he?

2 minutes ago, Andrew James said:

Leicester players didn't but hey had some real quality and pace through the team. 

We have pace and quality, but given that our players don't have the benefit of working under Pearson before and so we don't have the players that are already committed to him, it's going to take longer than it did under Leicester. 

1 minute ago, Andrew James said:

And we don't. Which makes it even more baffling that he's trying to play this way. Work with the players you have, don't play to their weaknesses for the first half of the season simpply because you weren't able to get the players you wanted in the window.

They didn't openly bad mouth him, of course you wouldn't when he's still the manager. Haven't heard much about him from them since he left. What did that Leicester team do? Severely underperform with Pearson refusing to give their best player a run in the team until his job was on the line.

Didn't expect anything other than a defeat tonight. However, I hate how negative our football is right now. That formation in the first half was beyond disastrous. Clement was sacked just after Christmas because of the style of play. Pearson's style, in my opinion, is 10 times worse. In fact, I don't even know what his style is. How long does he get? Ticket prices just as disastrous and negative as the performances so far as well...

How have we ended up with Bent, washed up and we are stuck with him, as were Villa... God we have made some massive mistakes in the last 3 years. Mel has around £800million, maybe spend £200m and keep £600m (at 5% he makes £30m on £600m so get on with it and sort the club out). This is shocking forget Liverpool we have lost to Barnsley, Burton, drew with Grimsby and pipped Carlisle.. We get Wilson on loan and waste money and have no forwards coming through the academy. 

1 minute ago, wixman1884 said:

Which of them have exactly?

There are players that, watching the game, I have seen making more of an impact. Ince was clearly brought on this evening to make an impact, and he has had chances aplenty to prove himself for us this season. 

That aside, I think he only really plays well when the team he plays for is doing well and his confidence capitalises on that team form. But he's not a player that will inspire others to play well or lead by example when others around him aren't performing. 

Archived