Derby v Liverpool (Leicester v Dortmund)

B4ev6is

3 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Kloppo likes the pressing game.

If only he had come here, it would suit us.

Not only that, he likes to encourage and be positive to get the best out of confidence players.

An arm round the shoulder man if you will.

Thanks Mel for employing the discipinarian we currently have.

If only we'd appointed one of the most highly regarded coaches in Europe. 

Why didn't MM think of this?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Anon said:

Fair enough. I'll take your word for it because I tend to completely ignore gossip about what players have been up to in town etc... I can well imagine that some bell ends may have had a go. All I can tell you is that the traveling fans, to a man, were well behind the team.

I wasn't suggesting that. The two things seemed to happen concurrently, whilst the away fans, Nick and co, were sorting things out and being a credit, a group of 'fans' emerged who thought it was acceptable to say every game was the worst game they've ever seen and quality players weren't fit to wear the shirt. Sadly, only one of those groups has grown.

Just now, DerbyRevolution said:

So a couple of drunks decide to take a pop in pitcher and piano after a defeat. The players take it personally, sulk, perform poorly from then on thus ruining it for the other 29,998 people that go to games.

Bit delicate these footballers aren't they? 

YOU sir, are part of the problem and epitomise everything wrong about modern supporters.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I wasn't suggesting that. The two things seemed to happen concurrently, whilst the away fans, Nick and co, were sorting things out and being a credit, a group of 'fans' emerged who thought it was acceptable to say every game was the worst game they've ever seen and quality players weren't fit to wear the shirt. Sadly, only one of those groups has grown.

Agreed. Unfortunately that is a hazardous side effect of looking like you're bound for the Premiership. All the part time fans come crawling out of the woodwork, excited at the prospect of seeing Rooney and Aguero at Pride Park. I've said before, I'd rather have 18,000 in the stadium supporting the team than an extra 5000 to 10,000 looking at their phones and whinging because we aren't 3-0 up after half an hour.

6 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

If only we'd appointed one of the most highly regarded coaches in Europe. 

Why didn't MM think of this?

Could've gone for David Wagner, his former assistant who seems to bbe doing a pretty decent job at Huddersfield. Went for Clement instead.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Could've gone for David Wagner, his former assistant who seems to bbe doing a pretty decent job at Huddersfield. Went for Clement instead.

Had you even heard of him before he got Huddersfield to the top of the Championship after 7ish games? I'll wager you didn't consider him at the time of Clement's appointment. 

4 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

YOU sir, are part of the problem and epitomise everything wrong about modern supporters.

Eh? All I'm saying is I don't know why our form has gone, and I'd be surprised if it was initially down to the fans.

Lets just hope Keogh doesn't read your supportive comments about him on here shall we 

1 minute ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Had you even heard of him before he got Huddersfield to the top of the Championship after 7ish games? I'll wager you didn't consider him at the time of Clement's appointment. 

You're right I didn't. But that's because it's not my job to pick the new manager and I have other things to do with my time than learn the names of every assistant manager in Europe. If it had been my job, who knows?

2 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Eh? All I'm saying is I don't know why our form has gone, and I'd be surprised if it was initially down to the fans.

Lets just hope Keogh doesn't read your supportive comments about him on here shall we 

It's the chain of events. Confidence is a brittle thing, especially in the almost insular world of football where your every action is monitored and scrutinised. 

The reason you are the problem is that you believe footballers are immune to real world human problems such as depression and stress.

Add for Keogh, he has no problem with confidence, he's borderline delusional. He will always be up for the fight and always give 100%. Sadly he's thick as sausage when he needs to be intelligent. He's panicky add sausage when he needs to be composed.

Clement is old news. What's here and now is we face a Blackburn team lifted by a win and a few goals and we look, to me, like a powder puff accident waiting happen. I'm bricking it personally. 

1 minute ago, needles said:

Clement is old news. What's here and now is we face a Blackburn team lifted by a win and a few goals and we look, to me, like a powder puff accident waiting happen. I'm bricking it personally. 

Man up.

We'll thrash Blackburn. Or win, hopefully 1-0.....

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Desperately disappointed not to try to win this cup game, what has happened to cup football? It should be free to season ticket holders and £10 to anyone else because That was nothing more than a very lame pre- season friendly in which not a tackle was made, I want my money back or rather I may not bother going to another cup game because if my team don't try why should I .

why should it be free to season ticket holders....?? you don't get cup games....if you did get cup games then the season ticket would be more expensive....do you not get it...??? the days of season ticket holders "paying the players wages" etc are long long gone...you get what you pay for, if you want more.....pay more.

so many people want something for nothing 

7 hours ago, LazloW said:

We were poor but made to look poor by a very good team. Don't really think you can draw any conclusions really. LFC are class. 

Agreed LFC are a class outfit but it's the way we lost.. We are one division behind them but looked 10 behind them.

I can take losing to a better team and can always find a positive but we never laid a glove on them. We never rose to the occasion like underdogs do.. We simply whimpered in the corner.. The core of our team are spineless I'm afraid. Fragile men who hide when it gets tough.. 

Bury would have given them more to think about last night.

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

Agreed LFC are a class outfit but it's the way we lost.. We are one division behind them but looked 10 behind them.

I can take losing to a better team and can always find a positive but we never laid a glove on them. We never rose to the occasion like underdogs do.. We simply whimpered in the corner.. The core of our team are spineless I'm afraid. Fragile men who hide when it gets tough.. 

Bury would have given them more to think about last night.

Great point made - just like Man U last season - doesn't seem to be anyone who can have a go

People seem puzzled as to why we are playing so badly. Its hardly rocket science.

For the last 2 years we have had the worst recruitment (money paid to performance ratio) in the championship.

We have now recruited a manager who is intent on changing the core of the club with no apparent alternative vision, making recruitment, selection, tactical and substitute decisions based on imposing his own personality onnthe club rather than pragmatic decisions that suit the current situation.

He may be a genius and everything will come together next season. At the moment it looks like a car crash.

9 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Feeling less connected with these players by the game, going through the motions ****. Who cares about the club? Just feels like 11 mercenaries.

Totally agree pal. Stopped listening to the games as I know it's the same old story. I believe Pearson will change it around but the base of the team is a failing team. It's going to be hard to change that. Maybe the return of Thorne will inspire the team no doubt he'll get injured by someone breathing on him though.

The commentator said last night that Liverpool were quite fortunate to be drawn against us because "there are better teams than Derby in the Championship."

Quite amazing really as even though we were out of form, the same group of players were touted as representative of what a strong Championship side looked like when we faced Man United in the proper Cup earlier this calendar year.

Not sure what it is exactly about how we played before that's offended Pearson so highly, and no idea why being dramatically worse in such a short space of time seems like a necessary part of the plan.

Archived