Steve Mc worried for Derby!

irobinson

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He ought to look in the mirror and be more worried about himself.

He came to Derby after being a laughing stock and rebuilt his reputation, he had a good club with great foundations ready to take the next step. In comes Mel ready to make heavy investment and Stevie Mc starts playing games.

He eyed a bigger kettle of fish with Newcastle and wanted to jump ship.

He eventually went and made an absolute arse of himself.

He is now an ageing ex manager with crap hair that will struggle to get employment with any reputable club in the future.

Instead he sits in a sky sports studio chatting to fit birds with millions sat in the bank.......git 

4 minutes ago, EssendonRam said:

I've always defended McClaren. I think he got a raw deal from Derby and Derby fans in general and have never accepted the "disloyal" narrative.

So may I be the first to tell him to stick his concern where the sun doesn't shine?

Without wishing to reopen that old debate (and without knowing what actually went on behind closed doors) I'm not sure how SM got a raw deal from Derby and especially the fans. The Newcastle situation clearly made his position at Derby untenable.

Having said that, I don't really have anything against him, you can't really blame him for being tempted and he was in a difficult position. I'd read his opinions with as much interest as any other "pundit" asked. 

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Without wishing to reopen that old debate (and without knowing what actually went on behind closed doors) I'm not sure how SM got a raw deal from Derby and especially the fans. The Newcastle situation clearly made his position at Derby untenable.

Having said that, I don't really have anything against him, you can't really blame him for being tempted and he was in a difficult position. I'd read his opinions with as much interest as any other "pundit" asked. 

I think the whole reason it snowballed into the big ugly mess it did was because of the fans.

Did you see how big the Assombalonga thing became on deadline day? Absolutely no journalist linked us to him but our fan base somehow managed to convince himself that he was Martin's replacement and were actually angry at the club for not getting him?! 

We just couldn't take his answers at face value. People moaned about him giving politicians answers but did you see the answer Dyche gave when asked if he'd be interested in joining us when we sacked Clement? He said on live radio "I'm contracted to Burnley Football Club for X years." Sound familiar? 

McClaren literally said at one point "like it or lump it, I'm staying." He turned them down every time they approached him whilst he was with us - he admitted this at a fans forum whilst we still had him!

14 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Sky Sports - Mac worried for us - changing style........progress etc.

He's as qualified as any pundit to talk about us, knowing some of the players left, but since Tufty fancied the Newcastle job, really couldn't give a flying whatever he says, he won't be coming back and he can't be any more worried than the fans that come each week.

Anyway wouldn't surprise me if he's just staying in the media in case Boro come down and Steve Gibson gets all sentimental like we did.

Just for all the usual suspects floating around in this thread, I'll post my usual reminder before you try to rewrite history again.

HE WAS SACKED. Nothing was engineered, nothing was untenable. Remove your tinfoil hats.

“I reiterate what I said on Saturday straight after the game, and what I’ve said to the board and the players yesterday – I’m 100% committed to finishing the job here. I hear the speculation, I see it, but I’m 100% committed to Derby County at this point. I’ve been saying it for months, that my total focus, my total commitment, is on Derby County.” Steve McClaren - May 2015

Well whatever we think of him he did have us playing some wonderful football and it is such a shame we no longer are.

it took mc claren just 45 mins to sort us out oddly against Ipswich Pearson so far has had 6 league games 2 cup games and pre season games and in my opinion we have looked rubbish which is a long way from entertainment.

Had we not sacked McClaren he wouldn't have left. I can't really say that his heart was with Derby though, it was quite clear he wanted the Newcastle job.

I agreed with his sacking at the time and I still do, although I appreciate the good job he did at Derby and the good times he gave us.

Archived