And so it begins... Enjoy the next few years

Bris Vegas

Of languishing in the bottom half of the Championship with an overbloated squad on high wages....

This is what we're facing now! We've thrown all our eggs in one basket with Nigel Pearson, and you've got to ask whether it's worth it or not? One success at Leicester, that's all we're clinging on to... Doing a Leicester!

Right now, with this squad, I'd say that's very, very, very unlikely.

If we were going to go down that route, we needed to change half of this squad. 

Oh well. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Of languishing in the bottom half of the Championship with an overbloated squad on high wages....

This is what we're facing now! We've thrown all our eggs in one basket with Nigel Pearson, and you've got to ask whether it's worth it or not? One success at Leicester, that's all we're clinging on to... Doing a Leicester!

Oh well. 

Your thread title of "Enjoy the next few years" seems to imply that you won't be around to follow it.  Does that mean we won't see you around on here for a while?

9 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh well. 

Don't follow this statement - surely in the scenario you've painted we would get rid (after "giving him time") so in what way have all our eggs been thrown? By my reckoning, we're about neutral on spend this window so as yet haven't thrown anything at Pearson.

That's not to say there isn't some bloat that has built up.

11 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Your thread title of "Enjoy the next few years" seems to imply that you won't be around to follow it.  Does that mean we won't see you around on here for a while?

He's already said he won't be supporting the Rams 'for 'a while'. Garbage! You either support a team or you don't. If you can switch off your support just like a tap then you were never a true supporter in the first instance!

Think you're just a headline chaser.

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

He's already said he won't be supporting the Rams 'for 'a while'. Garbage! You either support a team or you don't. If you can switch off your support just like a tap then you were never a true supporter in the first instance!

Easy to do when you're in Mexico, spending your time writing clickbait

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh well. 

whether that's true or not, the squad needed a shake up. Under 3 separate managers with almost the same squad, we've failed to achieve promotion over 3 years...

Why is throwing our eggs in one basket with Pearson such a bad thing, he's our only manager in the past few years to have actually achieved promotion, whether that adds to his credibility is debatable but I can understand our logic in appointing him when the squad is filled with the quality it is, but has come close without ever achieving promotion.

When Leicester went up, they dominated this division, 2013/14 they were the only team to play us off the park, they just looked a class above so it's hardly like he's got a reputation for playing unattractive football either.

We've spent £8 million so far and one loan while our incomings so far are £10 million with Martin also looking likely to leave for a hefty fee (this is obviously likely to change by tomorrow). That's good business, bringing in 2 quality strikers while potentially offloading one and a midfielder who most likely Burnley have over-spent to get, well done Sam Rush I say.

The foundations are solid, we have just yet to find our footballing feet, keep the faith!

PistoldPete2
28 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh well. 

Doing a Leicester is very very unlikely I would agree.. maybe not 5-000 to 1 but not far off it. Weve just sold Hendrick for £10.5 million, who I thought you didnt rate, so how has that harmed us or the "high wage" bill?   

It wasn't exactly enjoyable for large parts of last season either - I'd rather see what Pearson can do than go through that crap again - imo he can't be worse than Clement from an entertainment perspective at least. Maybe this time we don't fall apart at Christmas as well.

49 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Oh well. 

Have I missed something? What's happened? Why is Bris saying "we're" when he's not part of this.

Archived