And so it begins... Enjoy the next few years

Bris Vegas

Far too many people have been raising concerns for too long for this just to be one guy scare-mongering. 

We were supposed to be following the model which has served Southampton and Swansea so well. Everything Mel said about improving performance gaffers coming in to continue his predecessor's work was something people bought into. This isn't it. 

@Alpha's just summed everything up beautifully in the 'New Overhall Needed' thread.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Well, I'm not sure one's level of 'caring' can be measured by the number of posts on this forum.

However, have you ever seen a post by this person that has been in anyway postive? Can you only care by being negative? And, in any event, what is there to get wound up or negative about? Are we on the brink of relegation? Going out of business?   Or are we going through a bit of a bad patch of form? 

Players come and go all the time and there's no point making the kind of assumptions and predictions BV does... all it does is wind people up (which is his intent... the original WUM). We've just made our record signing - hardly something to cry about. We've just sold somebody who isn't guaranteed a first team place for a club record. Not bad business. I don't necessarily agree with it, but a large number of people are quite happy to see CM go, so again, can't be all bad. 

If being like BV makes me a good fan, then I'm happy to be a bad one.

He seems to think the ongoing events at the club are cause for concern; the selling of players who have done well for us, the tactical frailties of Pearson and co in their very early Derby careers.

I never said being like Bris makes people good fans, I just don't think there's much weight to this idea that he doesn't care about the club. People support Derby County in different ways; some back the manager no matter what, others voice their concerns. The thing that links them all is that they want Derby to do well; even if they sometimes disagree as to the way of acheiving that.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Why has Wassall left Derby  

Pearsons great.

Whats wrong with you lot. 

Wassall as far as I'm aware is still in charge of the academy, ready to pop in at a moments notice when Mel gets tired of Pearson.

From what I've seen so far on the pitch Pearson isn't an upgrade on Wassall.

Nothing much, we are simply concerned fans of the club. Some people aren't concerned and that's fine, but we are and that's also fine.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Wassall as far as I'm aware is still in charge of the academy, ready to pop in at a moments notice when Mel gets tired of Pearson.

From what I've seen so far on the pitch Pearson isn't an upgrade on Wassall.

Nothing much, we are simply concerned fans of the club. Some people aren't concerned and that's fine, but we are and that's also fine.

No it's not fine. 

It's absolutely not fine. 

5 games and 2 cup games. 

Get a grip. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

No it's not fine. 

It's absolutely not fine. 

5 games and 2 cup games. 

Get a grip. 

It is fine. You saying that's it isn't doesn't make it so. People don't always agree with each other.

I am aware how early it is into the season. Just because it's 7 games into the season it doesn't mean can't express their misgivings.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

It is fine. You saying that's it isn't doesn't make it so. People don't always agree with each other.

I am aware how early it is into the season. Just because it's 7 games into the season it doesn't mean can't express their misgivings.

I have no misgivings .

Give the guy a break most Derby Fans want Pearson and Powell as our management team. 

Just now, curtains said:

I have no misgivings .

Give the guy a break most Derby Fans want Pearson and Powell as our management team. 

Indeed they do. Some do not and they are free to express their misgivings at any point; there were people moaning at Clement after the same amount of time last season and Wassall after the same number of games.

1 minute ago, PodgeyRam said:

Indeed they do. Some do not and they are free to express their misgivings at any point; there were people moaning at Clement after the same amount of time last season and Wassall after the same number of games.

You are all ruining everybody else's joy in being a DCFC fan. 

Fed of reading this carp. 

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You are all ruining everybody else's joy in being a DCFC fan. 

Fed of reading this carp. 

I think your being a little overdramatic Curtains. If it upsets you so much, don't read it.

You don't have to read it, the ignore button allows to block everyone you don't agree with on this forum although I think it would be a shame block people just because you have different opinions.

2 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I think your being a little overdramatic Curtains. If it upsets you so much, don't read it.

You don't have to read it, the ignore button allows to block everyone you don't agree with on this forum although I think it would be a shame block people just because you have different opinions.

Look at the thread title and first post from OP 

Absolute ********. 

4 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I have read it, if you see it's from Bris who obviously don't get along with then simpy don't read it. I'm not sure if the ignore function works for topics? @David

Nope, it will just hide their first post from the topic which looks weird.

Pearson, Powell, Philips, Idiakez. That's a team I have every faith in. Bar Codes and Villa are spending as ex Prem teams will do. The figures today are ridiculous. I'm staggered but pleasantly surprised at the 10m + for Hendrick. I'm confident we'll soon see some fruit from our latest recruits. 

Archived