And so it begins... Enjoy the next few years

Bris Vegas

12 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Even though they battered Burton?

I was dissappointed after the Burton defeat but credit to NC he had his team right up for it at home. 

Burton also beat Sheff Wed 3-1 at home prior to beating us  .

Have their fans lost all hope now I doubt it .

Sheff Wed are also spending money and finished above us and in the play off final last season. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Did you see us taking the direction we have taken?

Maybe a lot of us thought it would be easy after being told how great NP was while Wassall was in charge?

I certainly hope we improve but have seen absolutely nothing yet to suggest we will see instant improvement.

Looking forward to seeing what the new signings bring to the table.

If you look back at some of my posts pre season and its on record I said don't moan if all goes pear shaped because most on here thought we would do really well  and I got hammered for questioning things  regarding changing certain players and needing some incomings  

I am actually more encouraged now than I was pre season thanks to Pearsons signings and his attitude of not letting the players dictate to us and him  

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

If you look back at some of my posts pre season and its on record I said don't moan if all goes pear shaped because most on here thought we would do really well  and I got hammered for questioning things  regarding changing certain players and needing some incomings  

I am actually more encouraged now than I was pre season thanks to Pearsons signings and his attitude of not letting the players dictate to us and him  

End of the day we can all take guesses at what he is trying to do and why he is doing it, personally the only thing I will judge him on is what happens out on the pitch and so far I am very disappointed.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

End of the day we can all take guesses at what he is trying to do and why he is doing it, personally the only thing I will judge him on is what happens out on the pitch and so far I am very disappointed.

That's fair enough I have no argument with that 

You couldn't make up the MODERN day NET football fan .. 

FIVE games into the season ... Yes .. FIVE games ! lol 

And we have the read it and weep brigade slashing their wrists ... 

Just embarrassing. 

4 minutes ago, Milk said:

Just embarrassing. 

Who is slashing their wrists? Is it wrong to worry about the club? Are we supposed to say bravo well played when we are playing this rubbish? And be happy about it? We have had 1 over melodramatic and all of sudden everyone who isn't impressed is wrist slashers and embarrassing. 

Unfortunately what is embarrassing is people not actually reading what is being said or understanding and jumping to their own conclusions and making out everyone who has an opinion different to theirs is embarrassing and labelling the a wrist slasher.

Tell me something, are you happy with the way season has gone so far? Can you see how we are going to score our next goal? Am I allowed to call you a happy clapper??

3 minutes ago, Milk said:

Just embarrassing. 

Who? Which people? 

I've seen people discuss the performances and compare what has happened to the direction Mel Morris wanted to take this club.

I've seen people come back with how we "failed" in previous seasons

To which the response was to discuss why those things happened

The argument was then why we should all just have faith that all will be ok

To which the reply is there's no actual reason to have such faith other than "at Leicester.."

It's no big deal. It's not embarrassing. It's a forum for such debate. Not seen any slagging off (except ironically by the "real fans" aimed at lazy players :blink:) not seen anyone call for him sacked. 

I've barely seen much concern over the results and little mention of the league table. More about the level and direction of performances. 

I'm one of these wristlashers and I bet I show as much support at the match as you do. I bet I've sang Nigel Pearson's name as much as you.

So who exactly is embarrassing? And what was the older net generation fan like. We're they the ones slating Wassall?  Or moaning that McClaren never had a plan B when some of us were too busy having fun? 

23 minutes ago, Milk said:

Just embarrassing. 

Thankfully I don't do Twitter, therefore I don't see your problem, everyone seems quite chilled on here, intelligent and open to other views different to their own, what's your beef?

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Thankfully I don't do Twitter, therefore I don't see your problem, everyone seems quite chilled on here, intelligent and open to other views different to their own, what's your beef?

No beef just milk.

I think, and this is my own opinion , having watched Derby and football in general for the past 38 years. Is that after this transfer window, I am very excited, I think the 3 attacking players Mr Pearon has bought in will improve us , and in two years time we will all be smiling, as I believe, we will make it to the promise land, which is the premier league.

4 hours ago, Derby blood said:

I think, and this is my own opinion , having watched Derby and football in general for the past 38 years. Is that after this transfer window, I am very excited, I think the 3 attacking players Mr Pearon has bought in will improve us , and in two years time we will all be smiling, as I believe, we will make it to the promise land, which is the premier league.

Out of interest what refinement to our system / style would you hope to see after the break?

Personally I am pleased we're at home so that we could put all our new boys in and tell them to charge forward. Hopefully the ipro would see its first league goal.

I remain concerned that we don't seem to have a midfield combination that works. Having 3 exciting new attackers will mean nothing if the midfield are camped just outside our penalty area and our attacks start midway inside our half.

Get us up the pitch Nigel! 

On 31 August 2016 at 22:14, Bris Vegas said:

Had Newcastle and Norwich as top two from the start. Think Brighton and Wednesday are in for good seasons again, and with Martin uptop Fulham could be top six too.

Derby will finish closer to the bottom six than the top six, IMO.

Haven't all those teams spent to try and gain success?

Archived