Derby County v Grimsby Town

Day

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we get Ben Davies back to show our lads how to take corners?  Quality delivery made the last three minutes very exciting! 

Agree that Butterfield was great when he came on. However I thought Martin and Russell linked up well second half, along with Christie on overlap. Poor first half by them, though. 

Keogh and Fozzy played well throughout (loved the comment about his inconsistent deliveries @Ramos ) and Bryson and Bent were industrious too. Bryson played better than Saturday and a great delivery for Keogh's goal - yay! Bent missed some chances, though. Good that he is getting in the positions so it will come.

What's the matter with our Will? Started poorly and didn't really get going but made some lovely touches in glimpses. All isn't well there, I  don't know why.

Grimsby fans were great and to be honest our fans were pretty ok too, despite being scattered. Got to love an early season cup tie and at least we weren't one of the 8 Championship sides that fell at the first hurdle. 

Jut seen Pearson on RP. The most interesting bit of his interview was the last 15 seconds.

Said there's a good group of players with some good characters, but they need to learn to play a different way and that although we're capable of a good season they'll have to perform every week. It will "test his patience" and theirs. Wants the ball moving quicker and with more aggression I reckon.

I don't think he's happy, I think there will be changes before the window shuts, and I'm right behind him.

Quite a pleasant evening tonight , took the mrs and kids which made a nice change , reasonably good atmosphere bearing in mind the attendance and importance of the fixture . Hat has to go off to the Grimsby fans thought they were brill tonight , made Brighton look daft on Saturday.  

The performance was OK tonight too, you can see the change starting to evolve . Played with a bit more width tonight , thought we were more industrious in the middle of midfield.  Front pairing didn't really work . Defence looked solid , nice too see fozzy back . 

Onwards and upwards Rams , think we're at the start of something here .

56 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Looked like he'd spanked a volley in from 30 yrds to win the world cup.

To be fair, I've heard it was a cracking heading and he doesn't score many. 

Not the opinion of everybody on here (state-the-obvious alert), but in my opinion he's been one of Derby County's finest servants over the past 10 or so years and I love the man. The fact that he did a silly celebration against Grimsby only makes me love him all the more!

Captain Keezy. :D

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its etched in my memory....one day i'll try and paint it.

I tried to like this but the tinpot forum won't let me so next time you post a ***** poem i'll "like" it. 

But I won't actually like it. Obvs

8 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes... I think the problem is the internet content providers, especially the BBC. Anyway we won, another clean sheet. And some rumours about transfers. 

I agree. I logged on to check the score this morning and the British Broadcasting Corporation's football page is dominated by news about the Spanish charity shield, despite every club outside the premiership playing last night.

Archived