Richard Keogh

maydrakin

Keogh has been captain of other Sides too and repeatedly Player of the Season  at clubs he has been at.  

8 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

I am absolutely certain that Pearson will not like what he sees and will have little patience unless Keogh can learn some humility and try to change his flawed ways.

Whatever his flaws, which mainly come from brave last minute attempts to prevent a goal and/or cover for someone else , he has been appreciated wherever he has been.  He has a record he can be proud of .,,,,,,,,,,,,, and very scary eyes!!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, rynny said:

So you think Keogh thinks he is perfect?  So why is he here, why did he sign a new contract, why isn't he trying to get a move to Barca, Man U Real etc? 

Because he is not good enough is the easy answer  

1 hour ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Tomdubs

The only excuse we have , is that we don't not have an alternative to RK and that you do not have a penny to pay a bet you would lose, sad for DCFC and sad for you. 

You can't afford to even cry in your beer. 

RK will drop himself in it, within the first few games, that has always been the case. Unless...... NP can coach some of the flaws out of his game, if he can't, RK will not last long at DCFC, that is a fact and guaranteed with NP.

NP is very meticulous and regimental, in his work and if you do not do what he asks, or have the ability, you are out. That is what is should be like and DCFC, will be the better for it and it has been long overdue.

How is that a guaranteed fact? Honestly what absolute drivel. Clean sheets record and most clean sheets in division as another poster pointed out. More than all the so called better CBs in this division. That's a guaranteed fact buddy not some hypothetical dreamer construct. I don't care about your hypothetical bet crap either.

Every time Keogh runs out on to that pitch I'm going to remember how much of a muppet you are, while not being able to afford a beer It'll take an edge off the sadness.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

What about the last 8 seasons he's played for Carlisle, coventry and Derby, plus Ireland.

He's played an average of 42 games per season for his last 3 clubs in that time, not including Ireland

All his previous managers didn't think he was rubbish, nor did Martin O'Neil 

Carlisle United

Player of the Year: 2009–10

Coventry City

Player of the Year: 2011–12

Players' Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12

Derby County

Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Players' Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Supporters' Player of the Year: 2012–13

PFA Championship Team of the Year: 2014–15

These are the FACTS!

Unfortunately some folks still can't get over Wembley and really need to grow up. Keogh is a good cb, 99% of our fans think so, all his managers think so, Martin o'neil thinks so.

5 of the last 7 years he's been player of the year somewhere. 4 years in a row he was player of the year...at 3 different clubs...

Keogh is incredible. And the daunting thing is that if he left to another Championship club now, many fans would actually boo him on his return with the other club instead of applauding and recognising his contribution to the club.

2 hours ago, CastletonRam said:

Lol. But never performed when it mattered. Wembley, 2014/15, Burnley away, play-off first leg against Hull. 

Wembley, when he made one mistake…

2014/15, when he was a part of the team that kept five clean sheets on the bounce and had the third best defensive record in the league until Martin, Bent, Buxton, Whitbread, Thorne, Mascarell and Eustace were all injured…

Burnley, I'll give you, but him and Shackell were as bad as eachother…

Hull? When the first two goals were both Shackell's fault and the third was a counter attack from a corner in which he was up for? 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

How is that a guaranteed fact? Honestly what absolute drivel. Clean sheets record and most clean sheets in division as another poster pointed out. More than all the so called better CBs in this division. That's a guaranteed fact buddy not some hypothetical dreamer construct. I don't care about your hypothetical bet crap either.

Every time Keogh runs out on to that pitch I'm going to remember how much of a muppet you are, while not being able to afford a beer It'll take an edge off the sadness.

You know the saying Tom, never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!.

I've never heard so much bullshit in my life than whats been posted on this thread in the last few days.

17 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

You know the saying Tom, never argue with an idiot as they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!.

I've never heard so much bullshit in my life than whats been posted on this thread in the last few days.

I know, I've tried not to get to drawn in to it. It's just mental, since Keogh has been here we've been consistently competing at the top of the division. I think we have on the most cynical sets of fans in British football, the moaning and criticism at games is excessive. The notion of proper support is dead at this club, there is always a scapegoat and when Keogh goes they'll find a new one.

2 hours ago, Robbie Ram said:

Nice.

The voice of reason speaks.

Can we all try to be a little more moderate around here please?

Sticks and stones.

Aggravating. That's the word I would use for you.

You've just spent 2 pages of a thread agreeing with someone who shares your view of Keogh, essentially strutting round the 'Internet playground' showing off your new best mate and rubbing it in several people's faces through argument.

And then, as soon as SRG posts something both humorous but with a large degree of truth, you cry foul and ask for people to stop ganging up.

Irony.

Not sure why people struggle to accept Keogh for what he is.

He's a solid Championship defender that cost us around £1m.

If he didn't make mistakes he would not have been available a that price and would, more than likely, now be a Premier League player.

You would certainly struggle to find someone of his ability for £1m now.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not sure why people struggle to accept Keogh for what he is.

He's a solid Championship defender that cost us around £1m.

If he didn't make mistakes he would not have been available a that price and would, more than likely, now be a Premier League player.

You would certainly struggle to find someone of his ability for £1m now.

If he was a good Champ defender another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

Archived