Richard Keogh

maydrakin

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MWRAM1973

I am Spartacus ...... Sorry I am RAMS1972 . Sorry you can't claim your £5. Good banter and what this site should be about.

Good luck to the lads tomorrow, including RK. It is a new season, a clean sheet. I genuinely believe as an ex defender, a very good one at that, NP will improve the side , certainly in the defensive area.

Robbie Ram, thank you. I have as they say 'broad soldiers' and merely offer my views, not opinions.

If anyone has been in a room where someone states, 'In my opinion', you might as well leave the room. A view can change, but opinions, never do. If RK has a great season and Derby are the better for it, so be it and would be the first to congratulate him.

It is not personal, maybe we should refer to the shirt numbers of individuals instead. 

RK does not have to prove anybody right or wrong, just cut out the silly mistakes, this would be the same for anyone.

10 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Robbie Ram, thank you. I have as they say 'broad soldiers' and merely offer my views, not opinions.

Not sure what device you're foruming on but if you're using a laptop or desktop you can add people into your post using the @ funtion... Just type an @ and then the respondent's name without a space... so @RAMS 1972

Also

An opinion IS a view...

OED:

a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

The latter part being important when it comes to opinion

All I will say on this topic is, Keogh is a top class defender at this level, and if he did leave it would be very expensive, and difficult to replace him. Keogh to have another great season for Derby, that is fact, one of the top centrehalfs outside the premier league.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

All I will say on this topic is, Keogh is a top class defender at this level, and if he did leave it would be very expensive, and difficult to replace him. Keogh to have another great season for Derby, that is fact, one of the top centrehalfs outside the premier league.

If he was top level we'd have had the best defence in the league last season. We didn't so he isn't. 

5 hours ago, RAMS 1972 said:

MWRAM1973

I am Spartacus ...... Sorry I am RAMS1972 . Sorry you can't claim your £5. Good banter and what this site should be about.

Good luck to the lads tomorrow, including RK. It is a new season, a clean sheet. I genuinely believe as an ex defender, a very good one at that, NP will improve the side , certainly in the defensive area.

If anyone has been in a room where someone states, 'In my opinion', you might as well leave the room. A view can change, but opinions, never do. If RK has a great season and Derby are the better for it, so be it and would be the first to congratulate him.

It is not personal, maybe we should refer to the shirt numbers of individuals instead. 

RK does not have to prove anybody right or wrong, just cut out the silly mistakes, this would be the same for anyone.

You're still overdosing on commas. 

Huddersfield away last season, pretty big error from Keogh. Can't recall too many others but can remember him being our standout defender.

37 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

If he was top level we'd have had the best defence in the league last season. We didn't so he isn't. 

At this level he is top class, he plays for his country, been Derbys player of the year twice in the last 4 years, and he plays with his heart on his sleeve, and most teams in this division, would love to have him, top top player for Derby, and on Saturday you will hear ,from myself and others as Keogh leads us out for battle, Keogh, Keogh, Keogh. Yes us Rams fans love a quality centre back, which Mr Keogh is definitely one of them.

8 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Yeh I saw those as well... I'd mostly suggest that we were defending in a different way last season... And there was less pressure on Keogh to cover everyone... Christie a lot better and no mix-n-match of Albentosa/Shotton/Bucko lacking a consistent presence next to him...

But those are much more solidly backed up opinions than I've seen anywhere else on the thread.

Yeah and the big thing about stats is to view them in context and you're probably onto something about a change in the way we defend. 

1 hour ago, CastletonRam said:

Do you not know the difference between 'at this level' and 'top level'?

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Do you not know the difference between 'at this level' and 'top level'?

He also seems to think that our whole defensive ability depends on one player, like all other 3 never make a single mistake just Keogh.

Who'd honestly have Lascelles and Hanley over Keogh and shacks? I know I bloody wouldn't. That CB pairing cost 10m, ours was 3.7m. Also the anti Keogh posters that point out that top defenders at other teams don't seem to make silly mistakes...

Archived