Richard Keogh

maydrakin

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Cheron85

Presently, we do not have an alternative, because of that, he will be selected. That does not mean, that NP has come to an overall decision on RK and that he is happy with him and the defence, as a whole. NP is still assessing what he has and he will , I am sure, be bringing players in, when that assessment has been completed.

The early matches in the Championship, will be a part of that assessment process and I expect him to move, pretty quick, if he sees something amiss.

IF RK, is still with us at the end of the season or still in the team, this will be the indicator, of any assessment of RK. If Chester is signed, that may bring matters forward. 

What I should have stated, re any judgement, is in the medium to long term, as the first match is only a few days away and the defence, has not been added to. Therefore, NP, has to run with what 'experience' in defence, that is at his disposal.

Thankfully , we are all entitled to a view, therefore based on the facts and what I have seen, I do not believe, RK , is a reliable defender.

Re NP, what would be an indicator of his appraisal of RK, for the first match, would be the captaincy. If he is not the captain on Saturday, then any comment , mine or by  others, would then have some substance.

Cheron, Your reply, I believe, is the type of reply, that this site was set up for and appreciate the manner in which your question was put to me. 

Hello chap.

I'm a newbie on here too.

l really do like your detailed and reasoned posts so far.

Much appreciated.

As you say, time will tell what Pearson has in store, as his sides tend to be built on resolute defence and rapid attack.

Que sera sera.

UTR.

Robbie.

52 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So by these standards if Pearson starts Keogh on Saturday will you admit he's decent? If you trust Pearson's judgement?

Just until Pearson sees him do his first dive bomber impression in a competitive game that is.

4 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Lol. But never performed when it mattered. Wembley, 2014/15, Burnley away, play-off first leg against Hull. 

What are you talking about? Nobody performed when it mattered in those games - why would a CB make all the difference?

Harp on about Wembley, there were three rookie mistakes by our other players before Keogh even attempted to clear the ball and our forward players should take the blame more than anybody that day. We had enough possession in good areas to have scored two or three before Keogh's mistake.

As for Burnley and Hull - Are you serious? 

Presently, we do not have an alternative, because of that, he will be selected

What about the last 8 seasons he's played for Carlisle, coventry and Derby, plus Ireland.

He's played an average of 42 games per season for his last 3 clubs in that time, not including Ireland

All his previous managers didn't think he was rubbish, nor did Martin O'Neil 

Carlisle United

Player of the Year: 2009–10

Coventry City

Player of the Year: 2011–12

Players' Player of the Year: 2010–11, 2011–12

Derby County

Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Players' Player of the Year: 2012–13, 2015–16

Supporters' Player of the Year: 2012–13

PFA Championship Team of the Year: 2014–15

These are the FACTS!

Unfortunately some folks still can't get over Wembley and really need to grow up. Keogh is a good cb, 99% of our fans think so, all his managers think so, Martin o'neil thinks so.

24 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Cheron85

Presently, we do not have an alternative, because of that, he will be selected. That does not mean, that NP has come to an overall decision on RK and that he is happy with him and the defence, as a whole. NP is still assessing what he has and he will , I am sure, be bringing players in, when that assessment has been completed.

The early matches in the Championship, will be a part of that assessment process and I expect him to move, pretty quick, if he sees something amiss.

IF RK, is still with us at the end of the season or still in the team, this will be the indicator, of any assessment of RK. If Chester is signed, that may bring matters forward. 

What I should have stated, re any judgement, is in the medium to long term, as the first match is only a few days away and the defence, has not been added to. Therefore, NP, has to run with what 'experience' in defence, that is at his disposal.

Thankfully , we are all entitled to a view, therefore based on the facts and what I have seen, I do not believe, RK , is a reliable defender.

Re NP, what would be an indicator of his appraisal of RK, for the first match, would be the captaincy. If he is not the captain on Saturday, then any comment , mine or by  others, would then have some substance.

Cheron, Your reply, I believe, is the type of reply, that this site was set up for and appreciate the manner in which your question was put to me. 

He does have other options... Pearson has Pearce who by all accounts is a very decent CB and he had Bucko but decided that he was surplus to requirements... He also has the option to go out and buy someone else which he hasn't decided to do...

Just checking... Did you not trust the choices made by Clough, McClaren, Clement or Wassall regarding Keogh? And do you not respect the thoughts of Martin O'Neil when it comes to him too?

Personally I see a LOT of professional football managers/coaches who seem to rate him... As well as the players around him... You don't get players player of the year awards from your team unless they think you're good...

And I'm still not sure what facts you're talking about? I've seen that statistically he's part of one of the best defences we've had in years... Alongside either Bucko OR Shackell... The evidence of what you've seen is subjective and you're that's totally your opinion which is fine... But you haven't given us any actual facts yet...

7 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Lol. But never performed when it mattered. Wembley, 2014/15, Burnley away, play-off first leg against Hull. 

The Hull game where Shackell bottled out of a challenge for the first goal and was the victim of an unfortunate deflection for the second... And then we were hit on a breakaway with most of our team going for a goal... Not sure how Keogh is at fault for that...

6 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

Just until Pearson sees him do his first dive bomber impression in a competitive game that is.

Okay so at what point would you admit that you might be wrong? If Pearson picks him for the first 10 games? If he picks him still until Christmas? The whole season?

If you trust in the managers choices then at what point would Pearson still picking Keogh make you change your mind?

The Hull game where Shackell bottled out of a challenge for the first goal and was the victim of an unfortunate deflection for the second... And then we were hit on a breakaway with most of our team going for a goal... Not sure how Keogh is at fault for that...

My lad fell off his scooter this morning, I instantly tweeted Keogh and asked why he made him fall off.

Still waiting on his excuse.

That Keoghs ******* hopeless :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

Why single Keogh out? Wembley, we were on top but didn't look like scoring, hardly Keogh's fault, what about the poor attempts at tackling from Buxton and Forsyth before the ball got anywhere near Keogh? Burnley away Shackell had a far more dire performance than Keogh, Hull 1st leg? What did he do wrong there? Again Shackell had a far more dire performance than Keogh, had the own goal, bottled the 60-40 in his favour and where was he for the third? Probably sorting his hair out whilst Keogh made an attempt to get back and prevent the goal (along with Nick Blackman!)

I am fairly new to posting on this forum but I have read a god deal of the posts well before joining.

I have to say I have never seen so much negativity among fellow supporters as I do on here.

If it is not Keogh its Shackell, if not Russell it is Ince. If not Blackman it is Hendrick. Etc Etc Etc.

What is has shown me that there are far more qualified managers on here and perhaps the Derby board made a big mistake hiring Pearson when clearly there is plenty of talent on here to choose from.

For goodness sake, I know we are all entitled to our opinion but lets get the season under way before crucifying anyone.

Just now, BathRam72 said:

I am fairly new to posting on this forum but I have read a god deal of the posts well before joining.

I have to say I have never seen so much negativity among fellow supporters as I do on here.

If it is not Keogh its Shackell, if not Russell it is Ince. If not Blackman it is Hendrick. Etc Etc Etc.

What is has shown me that there are far more qualified managers on here and perhaps the Derby board made a big mistake hiring Pearson when clearly there is plenty of talent on here to choose from.

For goodness sake, I know we are all entitled to our opinion but lets get the season under way before crucifying anyone.

You remind me of me back when I first joined. 

Just now, BathRam72 said:

In your opinion, is that a good thing?

Probably. 

It means eventually you'll stop complaining about the negativity in a well spoken manner and just start posting gifs. 

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Okay so at what point would you admit that you might be wrong? If Pearson picks him for the first 10 games? If he picks him still until Christmas? The whole season?

If you trust in the managers choices then at what point would Pearson still picking Keogh make you change your mind?

When Keogh picks up the Championship Trophy next May, still as captain, Pearson having made him the backbone of a promotion winning team. 

If he does keep Keogh though, Pearson will have to literally remodel him as a defender.

As he is approaching thirty years of age, that 's really going to take some doing. And that in a player who does not seem to learn from his repeated mistakes or alter his rash style of play.

So it's over to you, Nigel.

Good luck.

You'll need it.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Ram said:

When Keogh picks up the Championship Trophy next May, still as captain, Pearson having made him the backbone of a promotion winning team. 

If he does keep Keogh though, Pearson will have to literally remodel him as a defender.

As he is approaching thirty years of age, that 's really going to take some doing. And that in a player who does not seem to learn from his repeated mistakes or alter his rash style of play.

So it's over to you, Nigel.

Good luck.

You'll need it.

So it wont be anything to do with Keogh just Pearson?

39 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Tomdubs

The only excuse we have , is that we don't not have an alternative to RK and that you do not have a penny to pay a bet you would lose, sad for DCFC and sad for you. 

You can't afford to even cry in your beer. 

RK will drop himself in it, within the first few games, that has always been the case. Unless...... NP can coach some of the flaws out of his game, if he can't, RK will not last long at DCFC, that is a fact and guaranteed with NP.

NP is very meticulous and regimental, in his work and if you do not do what he asks, or have the ability, you are out. That is what is should be like and DCFC, will be the better for it and it has been long overdue.

Look at my latest post please.

I said exactly the same thing.

BTW, What do you reckon to buying Chester and Kodjia?

1 minute ago, rynny said:

So it wont be anything to do with Keogh just Pearson?

I am absolutely certain that Pearson will not like what he sees and will have little patience unless Keogh can learn some humility and try to change his flawed ways.

Just now, Robbie Ram said:

I am absolutely certain that Pearson will not like what he sees and will have little patience unless Keogh can learn some humility and try to change his flawed ways.

Shame we can't say the same for you.

26BRzXPtk1nUiaMxO.gif

1 minute ago, Robbie Ram said:

So you think Keogh thinks he is perfect? So why is he here, why did he sign a new contract, why isn't he trying to get a move to Barca, Man U Real etc? 

Archived