Richard Keogh

maydrakin

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kernow said:

Jesus Christ, this thread has shown that the forum is almost as divided as the Labour Party, and Richard Keogh is Jeremy Corbyn.

I voted for Kodos

I'd be fine if any of them gave me the stats to back up what they've said...

Robbie has at least given us a success metric for Keogh... If he's the championship winning captain this season then he's decent... I personally think that's a bit narrow minded as there will be plenty of very good players who don't make the grade on that... In fact every other player in the country... 

However still ZERO stats to back up Keogh not being very good...

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Robbie has at least given us a success metric for Keogh... If he's the championship winning captain this season then he's decent... I personally think that's a bit narrow minded as there will be plenty of very good players who don't make the grade on that... In fact every other player in the country... 

But that will be down to Pearson and not Keogh though.

31 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Would anyone really complain if we got promotion from 2nd or playoffs? To even think we could finish top in this league is pretty narrow minded 

36 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think the stats back up the opinion that Keogh actually got worse last season.

4.9 clearances a game, down from 8 - indicates he was a part of a much better defence

whoscored rating - dropped from 7.08 to 6.94. (Shackell was a 7.14).

That being said, his "blocks per game" stat also fell, so he probably improved in that area and with the exception of the games against Burnley and Hull (?) I can't really remember him "diving into a block" costing us.

To be honest I think Keogh is a little bit overrated on here, but he's still a decent Championship centre half who several managers have recognised as a good captain, so he adds value on that front. And posters claiming that they won't support Keogh or that they somehow know that he's a bad captain are frankly being idiotic.

Can't get the quote to respond but please, please how do I put the wasp on  IGNORE  ?  if we were a Friday night pub group he would have been well out of the door by now. Why does he think he can use this forum to be a patronising troll??

1 minute ago, t'oldu said:

Can't get the quote to respond but please, please how do I put the wasp on  IGNORE  ?  if we were a Friday night pub group he would have been well out of the door by now. Why does he think he can use this forum to be a patronising troll??

Click on the drop-down by your name (top right of screen) and go to ignored users.

He would thank you for offering your sound advice but he won't have read it, he has you on ignore.

Maybe?

Maybe Keogh could do a remix of the Shaggy song 'it wasn't me'

"Keogh Keogh he was caught but naked with my girl on the bathroom floor"etc....then for the chorus Keoghs face could pop up in the corner of the screen Mortal Kombat style "wasn't me"

Itd work, trust me.

From now on if anything in your life goes wrong, Keogh did it!

25 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He would thank you for offering your sound advice but he won't have read it, he has you on ignore.

Maybe?

Maybe Keogh could do a remix of the Shaggy song 'it wasn't me'

"Keogh Keogh he was caught but naked with my girl on the bathroom floor"etc....then for the chorus Keoghs face could pop up in the corner of the screen Mortal Kombat style "wasn't me"

Itd work, trust me.

From now on if anything in your life goes wrong, Keogh did it!

But they caught us on the counter... It wasn't me

It went in off the crossbar... It wasn't me

I even got fouled... It wasn't me

You even caught it on camera... It wasn't me

l0K42RIaNOZcK7CNy.gif

2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

I think the stats back up the opinion that Keogh actually got worse last season.

4.9 clearances a game, down from 8 - indicates he was a part of a much better defence

whoscored rating - dropped from 7.08 to 6.94. (Shackell was a 7.14).

That being said, his "blocks per game" stat also fell, so he probably improved in that area and with the exception of the games against Burnley and Hull (?) I can't really remember him "diving into a block" costing us.

To be honest I think Keogh is a little bit overrated on here, but he's still a decent Championship centre half who several managers have recognised as a good captain, so he adds value on that front. And posters claiming that they won't support Keogh or that they somehow know that he's a bad captain are frankly being idiotic.

Yeh I saw those as well... I'd mostly suggest that we were defending in a different way last season... And there was less pressure on Keogh to cover everyone... Christie a lot better and no mix-n-match of Albentosa/Shotton/Bucko lacking a consistent presence next to him...

But those are much more solidly backed up opinions than I've seen anywhere else on the thread.

3 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Because they have the mentality of a 5 year old, although i do not know which of them you are on about as I just put all three of the prannies on ignore :p

30 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Because they have the mentality of a 5 year old, although i do not know which of them you are on about as I just put all three of the prannies on ignore :p

What a cosy little clique we have on here.

But also some really great posters, fortunately.

Archived