Richard Keogh

maydrakin

I never used to rate Keogh. I was bewildered at to why we cashed in on the calm, cool and collected Shackell for a player that seemed to cost a clear-cut chance every few games. 

It was only after seeing Shotton, Whitbread, Shackell and Albentosa partner him did I realise just how good he is on the ball. And then it clicked. We sold Shackell because Keogh fit. We wanted to pass from the back, we needed Keogh to enable us to do this, he still enables us to do this. He fits the team, which is the most important thing in football. 

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CastletonRam said:

If he was a good Champ defender another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

Haven't they?

Were Burnley, Newcastle and Fulham not interested? I don't know the answer to that but assume you do?

Are Will Hughes and George Thorne no good either? Or Christie or Shackell?

Just now, CastletonRam said:

If he was a good Champ defender another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

Fantastic logic. No teams have come in for Carson, Christie, Shackell, Ince or Martin .... they must be poor players as well, right?

And also, you can't come on here claiming to be ITK saying 'Keogh is off,' which would suggest he's being sold, then a few days later make a statement about no teams wanting him. So were you lying the other day about having inside information?

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Fantastic logic. No teams have come in for Carson, Christie, Shackell, Ince or Martin .... they must be poor players as well, right?

And also, you can't come on here claiming to be ITK saying 'Keogh is off,' which would suggest he's being sold, then a few days later make a statement about no teams wanting him. So were you lying the other day about having inside information?

There's a difference between enquiring and making a bid. Never said Fulham had done that. 

9 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

If Will Hughes was a good Champ midfielder another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

If Chris Martin was a good Champ Forward another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

2 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

If Will Hughes was a good Champ midfielder another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

If Chris Martin was a good Champ Forward another team would've come in for him. They haven't so he isn't. 

Maybe teams came in for them without enquiring?

8 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

CastletonRam.....the gift that keeps on giving :lol:

The hole's deep enough now - he can stop digging.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So your analogy there is....teams may have enquired about Keogh but they don't want to buy our whole team?

If your planning on getting double glazing it's usually the whole house not just one window. Unless you want poorer soundproofing on a room-by-room basis. 

1 minute ago, CastletonRam said:

If your planning on getting double glazing it's usually the whole house not just one window. Unless you want poorer soundproofing on a room-by-room basis. 

So another club wants buy a whole new team, so they've enquired about Keogh but they don't want to buy him?

3 minutes ago, CastletonRam said:

If you want double glazing you shop around for the best quote. Keogh isn't the best out there. 

Do you? 

Some people shop around for the best quality.

I've not seen one single post saying he is the best out there so not sure who you are debating that point with.

Tomsdrivel, sorry Tomsdubs. or maybe change it to Tomsdung, re your love of the word 'crap'

Drivel, damn right, your post does justice to the word, very eloquently.

Just because someone else does not have your view, you get all stroppy, spit your dummy out and use really long words like , 'crap'.

You obviously like RK, I don't, for the reasons I have stated. Your view is your view re RK and I have no issue with that. Your view, is not as you would say , 'crap', because my view or other views, are the complete opposite. I could be wrong, RK could be Colin Todd in disguise.

Of course, as you have stated and I quote  ' I've tried not to get to drawn in to it' , there's your 'crap' , in one large dollop and spread all over this thread.

'Tried not to get drawn on it', you are like a sprinter waiting for the gun to go off. 

However, you are not alone there are others, who get all touchy with others, who have an alternative view and want to force their view, down other peoples throat. If you don't agree with me fine, but don't turn into a prize Jackass, to defend someone like RK.

Lets just wait for the next clanger, but then again, it will probably be all Shackell's fault or someone else's , but never his. The camera does not lie, so I am sure the evidence will soon be on it's way.

I'm not sure what's more tedious, the people who can't help but criticise him every chance they get, or the people who jump on any negative comment made about him and react en-mass like he's a protected species who's shall never be at fault for anything, even when he is (we've had about 8 pages of both extremes now)

Keogh improved last season, it doesn't make prior criticism of him invalid - the current trend of jumping on ANY criticism of him just leads the people so vehement in their negative view of him even more determined to pick fault!

When people bring out the stats (as I'm about to) about 'those' clean sheets, they almost always forget to use context. 6 clean sheets in a row was a flippin' good achievement, but it was aided by the way opposition teams apoproached us, and the general quality of oppoosition. Our reputation as a team to be feared lead to a lot of very unambitious, defensive displays against us.

Here is some extremely basic information about those 6 games:

Derby 2 - 0 Reading (Cup)
Posession: 50/50

Bolton 0 - 2 Derby (Finished 18th, scored 54 league goals)
Possession: 42/58

Derby 2 - 0 Bournemouth  (Won the league, scored 98!)
Possession: 57/43

Derby 0 - 0 Millwall (Relegated, Scored 42)
Possession: 63/37

Reading 0 - 3 Derby  (Finished 19th, scored 48)
Possession: 49/51

Blackpool 0 - 1 Derby (Finished 24th, bottom, scored 36)
Possession: 34/66

This wasn't Paul Clement 'knocking it around the back 4' possession either, it was Steve McClaren 'playing it between yourselves in the opposition half, creating chances' possession.

We were always defensively sound when we were dominating matches, sure, but we regularly looked a rabble defensively the second we weren't. Last season we ended up with a better record defensively AND faced a lot more opposition pressure largely due to the lack of ability to keep possesssion upfield, despite a few matches where it did all go to pot.

Archived