Richard Keogh

maydrakin

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

But he also dives on his arse in situations that he could stand up like 18 yards out from goal, which in some cases has led to deflections and goals against. A last ditch diving block isn't always needed when you have back up around you. Some footballers aren't noted for their intelligence.

Passive aggressive personal insult? Nice.

178 games for Derby, give me 10 examples where one of these crazy deflection that happen all the time has cost us a goal. Good luck.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, YouRams said:

But he also dives on his arse in situations that he could stand up like 18 yards out from goal, which in some cases has led to deflections and goals against. A last ditch diving block isn't always needed when you have back up around you. Some footballers aren't noted for their intelligence.

Relieved that all of our recent managers as well as Martin O'Neill are better judges of player's abilities than some of our fans

44 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Passive aggressive personal insult? Nice.

178 games for Derby, give me 10 examples where one of these crazy deflection that happen all the time has cost us a goal. Good luck.

It only needs 1, Wembley cost us the Prem and 120 million.

And for the record I've said in previous threads how much Keogh improved last season and in fact was my player of the year choice. But to label these sometimes reckless blocks as heroic defending is beyond rose tinted glasses.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

And for the record I've said in previous threads how much Keogh improved last season and in fact was my player of the year choice. But to label these sometimes reckless blocks as heroic defending is beyond rose tinted glasses.

So the other two players making mistakes before Keogh didn't cost us at Wembley? So this is a blame game dislike thing I get it. Such poor support TBH. Never knew a block can be reckless but go on.

Just going to polish my rose tints.

Just now, tomsdubs said:

So the other two players making mistakes before Keogh didn't cost us at Wembley? So this is a blame game dislike thing I get it. Such poor support TBH. Never knew a block can be reckless but go on.

Just going to polish my rose tints.

Not at all a blame game, just an objective opinion on your opinion of his blocks. I think he could stay on his feet a lot more than he does. Another insight why do you never see Shackell doing the same? My opinion is he's got a better footballing brain and his positioning / decision making means he doesn't need to dive in half as much as Keogh does. But to the rose tinted glasses brigade that will be a snipe at Keogh too.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Not at all a blame game, just an objective opinion on your opinion of his blocks. I think he could stay on his feet a lot more than he does. Another insight why do you never see Shackell doing the same? My opinion is he's got a better footballing brain and his positioning / decision making means he doesn't need to dive in half as much as Keogh does. But to the rose tinted glasses brigade that will be a snipe at Keogh too.

I'd argue that his blocks have far more positive impact than negative by a large percentage. Shacks and Keogh are at a very similar level, Keogh is still one of the best in the division. We just don't watch other CBs closely at other clubs to notice the mistakes. Opposing teams concede loads at our place so their CBs must be making hundreds of mistakes right?

First time Shacks was here he relied on his pace to save him on many occasions. Now he's older a slower but reads the game better through experience.

16 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Except that there was the small matter of extra time and penalties & who knows what would have happened then. Sick of Keogh being vilified for it.

1 minute ago, Wolfie said:

Except that there was the small matter of extra time and penalties & who knows what would have happened then. Sick of Keogh being vilified for it.

and Forsyth and buxton mistakes prior to it getting to him

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

I was on the defensive, i'm actually over it now, Keoghs picture has been replaced with Bradley Johnsons on my dartboard

Burnley last season, he gave away a penalty and an own goal, two mistakes in one game and at pivotal moments in the same game. As soon as you point them out, when people make statements that he does not, they bring up another excuse.

Yes, everyone can make a mistake, but unfortunately, Keogh makes more than most.

His decision making is poor and his numerous lunging tackles, are because he is always out of position and trying to make amends , with these type of challenges. These type of challenges, have become a part of his game and a major flaw in his game.

The better defenders, like good strikers, always seem to be in the right place. This is based on experience and intelligence, unfortunately at 29, Keogh has learnt nothing and is far from an intelligent footballer. Even Buxton, when selected, carried out the team talk in the huddle, what sort of captain allows someone else, carry out their duties ?

I heard that when Keogh did carry out a team talk , on some occasions, players burst out laughing, hence Buxton stepping in. I think that 'says' it all really and if he left, re his apparent DCFC contract issues, Derby fans would not be reaching for the Kleenex. 

15 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Burnley last season, he gave away a penalty and an own goal, two mistakes in one game and at pivotal moments in the same game. As soon as you point them out, when people make statements that he does not, they bring up another excuse.

Yes, everyone can make a mistake, but unfortunately, Keogh makes more than most.

His decision making is poor and his numerous lunging tackles, are because he is always out of position and trying to make amends , with these type of challenges. These type of challenges, have become a part of his game and a major flaw in his game.

The better defenders, like good strikers, always seem to be in the right place. This is based on experience and intelligence, unfortunately at 29, Keogh has learnt nothing and is far from an intelligent footballer. Even Buxton, when selected, carried out the team talk in the huddle, what sort of captain allows someone else, carry out their duties ?

I heard that when Keogh did carry out a team talk , on some occasions, players burst out laughing, hence Buxton stepping in. I think that 'says' it all really and if he left, re his apparent DCFC contract issues, Derby fans would not be reaching for the Kleenex. 

Wow, you forgetting the Shackell handball and the lunging 'reckless' block that deflected in off him? So one game both CBs had a mare = Keogh is ****. Brilliant.

Let's throw in some more dubious anecdotes to support that too.

22 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Be careful with your second contribution to this forum or else some on here will say you're a 'happy clapper'

11 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

Such an excellent and accurate post.

Right on every single point, and all made with great objectivity. 

Anybody who says otherwise is just being subjective in face of the cold hard facts.

Also, Derby may yet come to regret so readily offloading Buxton. IMO, a true captain, as you so rightly describe.

So let's go get James Chester at WBA. Now he is exactly the type of footballing CB that Keogh only thinks he is.

I was going to refer, in my previous post, to Shackell and the Burnley game, re a ' No doubt , there will a reference to JS in a reply' and here it is, in the very first reply.

Just wanted to see how long it would take and here it is, so well done, knew it would not fail to attract the obvious reply another apologist for Keogh. 

Tomsdubs, like anyone else, is entitled to their view, so........the new season approaches.

So........ Tomdubs, for every mistake that Shackell makes, I will donate £10 to charity, if you agree to do the same re Keogh, I await another prompt reply.

13 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

I was going to refer, in my previous post, to Shackell and the Burnley game, re a ' No doubt , there will a reference to JS in a reply' and here it is, in the very first reply.

Just wanted to see how long it would take and here it is, so well done, knew it would not fail to attract the obvious reply another apologist for Keogh. 

Tomsdubs, like anyone else, is entitled to their view, so........the new season approaches.

So........ Tomdubs, for every mistake that Shackell makes, I will donate £10 to charity, if you agree to do the same re Keogh, I await another prompt reply.

Keogh picked consistently by 4 (potentially 5) Derby managers and the Ireland manager...

In a season where the two played next to each other all year Keogh won 'Player of the year' and 'Players player of the year'...

12 minutes ago, RAMS 1972 said:

I'm OK, keep labeling me buddy, you'd argue Shackell's mistakes weren't mistakes anyway. You have fun blaming people. Futile post because you know I won't agree because I'm not loaded so you can claim point proven.

Congrats on predicting I'd bring up a relevant point in a reply, you are truly enlightened.

Archived