Richard Keogh

maydrakin

1 hour ago, toddy said:

I read it on some blog on line, worked out 4 of them but not sure who the 5th one is................

Prabably makes sense with the size of our current squad, especially as NP has not brought in anybody yet. Offload before we bring in?

Must be true then, if the internet told you.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

That's the problem when you have a short squad

Just shows how dense modern footballers can be if many of this lot believe his flawed sense of bravado.

Will Hughes had it dead right about JB though and was "gutted" to see him leave us.

7 minutes ago, toddy said:

Possibly Yes, as we already know Fozzy, Hendrick and Russell we have received offers for.

I've only seen solid sources reporting bids for Hendrick. I must have missed the Russell and Fozzy baseless speculation transfer bids.

Seems incredibly odd to me that if contract negotiations had completely broken down and he'd been told he wasn't wanted anymore that the manager would continue to pick him... And make him captain...

I mean... I'm just going with the way it works from a logic POV... If you've told a guy you're actively trying to get him to leave now... Why would you then build him into a key role in your side... With 0 more pre-season games to go...

25 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Seems incredibly odd to me that if contract negotiations had completely broken down and he'd been told he wasn't wanted anymore that the manager would continue to pick him... And make him captain...

I mean... I'm just going with the way it works from a logic POV... If you've told a guy you're actively trying to get him to leave now... Why would you then build him into a key role in your side... With 0 more pre-season games to go...

Where do you get that from? Not heard that be fore about negotiations breaking down

3 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Where do you get that from? Not heard that be fore about negotiations breaking down

Someone said earlier pal... have a look thru my replies feed 2 find who.... too tired to b arsed 2 look lol. Off on my summer hol 2moz early doors adios amigo

14 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

Back on about page 6 I think? Some dude claiming he had inside info but "not ITK"... Not sure how you can claim to have information from an inside source but NOT be In The Know... But still...

1 minute ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Ciaran Clark to Newcastle for £5m. What price does that make Keogh? ROI improved greatly at the euros when Keogh replaced Clark at CB.

Newcastle chose to pursue Hanley and now Clark despite having Keogh (who's better than both of them) on their shortlist. What Keogh is actually worth aside, this tells us they would've had to pay more than they paid on either to get Keogh.

Keogh's probably in the top 5 players at the club in terms of value, despite the parade of hate that follows him everywhere.

Definitely our most valuable defender.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Newcastle chose to pursue Hanley and now Clark despite having Keogh (who's better than both of them) on their shortlist. What Keogh is actually worth aside, this tells us they would've had to pay more than they paid on either to get Keogh.

Keogh's probably in the top 5 players at the club in terms of value, despite the parade of hate that follows him everywhere.

Definitely our most valuable defender.

That's a tad over dramatic isn't it? :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, bcnram said:

That's a tad over dramatic isn't it? :ph34r:

Putting the same level of exaggeration into my description of those that dislike him as those that dislike him do when they describe his mistakes.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Putting the same level of exaggeration into my description of those that dislike him as those that dislike him do when they describe his mistakes.

What? are you saying that Keogh slides 30 yards on his backside to attempt a block is an exaggeration? You need to watch more games :-) 

Keogh makes loads of goal saving blocks, blocks that would have been goals if he'd stayed on his feet like all the moaners say. He's one of those personas that's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Football fans aren't noted for their intelligence and perception of nuance.

8 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Keogh makes loads of goal saving blocks, blocks that would have been goals if he'd stayed on his feet like all the moaners say. He's one of those personas that's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Football fans aren't noted for their intelligence and perception of nuance.

But he also dives on his arse in situations that he could stand up like 18 yards out from goal, which in some cases has led to deflections and goals against. A last ditch diving block isn't always needed when you have back up around you. Some footballers aren't noted for their intelligence.

34 minutes ago, YouRams said:

But he also dives on his arse in situations that he could stand up like 18 yards out from goal, which in some cases has led to deflections and goals against. A last ditch diving block isn't always needed when you have back up around you. Some footballers aren't noted for their intelligence.

Neither are some fans.

Archived