Hearsay & ITK

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

A bit of a random guess, but Kelvin Wilson is a free agent centre back, I know he has been mentioned in a rumour somewhere and Alan Nixon says he is about to sign for someone (which I know hardly narrows it down).

Nah too old, anyways he's busy managing Kanye at Nuneaton Town :ph34r::lol:

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay so we have established that SDSR was referring to a player. My personal guess is Matty James from Leicester. It makes sense that this deal progressed along "out of the blue" because Leicester signed Mendy, who is a midfielder, the other day and Ranieri probably couldn't guarantee James first team opportunities as he'd be behind Drinkwater,King, Mendy, Amartey as well as Kante/Inler if they stay. All guess work at this stage.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

Embarrassing Derby fans with NO imagination! 

Do you really believe that Pearson is Nigel Clough incarnate? Not EVERY manager only buys from his previous club ya know!

Difference is that Pearson's former club are the current premier league champions and if they buy players to upgrade on certain positions then some players will be surplus to requirements

1 minute ago, TopRam said:

Exactly who I thought 

He would definitely give Christie a challenging for RB position for sure. 

15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Do you really believe that Pearson is Nigel Clough incarnate? Not EVERY manager only buys from his previous club ya know!

We're getting Leon Goretzka from Schalke as backup until Thorne come back in...

How's that for imagination?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

For arguments sake he could be saying it because of a Derby fan-like love for Idiakez?

He could, but if SDSR personally thinks the player is good I would guess that's based on current ability rather than his performance in a Derby shirt a decade ago. Pretty confident the incoming would be a player based on the way it has been talked about.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Okay so we have established that SDSR was referring to a player. My personal guess is Matty James from Leicester. It makes sense that this deal progressed along "out of the blue" because Leicester signed Mendy, who is a midfielder, the other day and Ranieri probably couldn't guarantee James first team opportunities as he'd be behind Drinkwater,King, Mendy, Amartey as well as Kante/Inler if they stay. All guess work at this stage.

I suspect we will be played 433 next season not 4411 this so that would be 3 spots, I also sadly cannot see a way Kante stays, if Madrid truly are interested he would be insane not to go

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

De Laet. 

please take him, cannot defend, runs forward well but cannot actually cross a ball

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Weren't we linked with both James and De Laet in a national newspaper last month, though? I'm not saying there's any truth in the rumour, but it's not exactly Derby fans embarrassing you/themselves with their lack of imagination, is it? Just the most obvious answer, given all the transfer gossip.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

I suspect we will be played 433 next season not 4411 this so that would be 3 spots, I also sadly cannot see a way Kante stays, if Madrid truly are interested he would be insane not to go

please take him, cannot defend, runs forward well but cannot actually cross a ball

I think any top club who play with a defensive midfielder  (which is 99% these days ) should be looking at kante he really is that good , reminds me so much of makalele and he's the best I've seen play that position probably ever .

29 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I think any top club who play with a defensive midfielder  (which is 99% these days ) should be looking at kante he really is that good , reminds me so much of makalele and he's the best I've seen play that position probably ever .

Apa from our very own George Thorne of course ?

Archived