How good is jeff

catram

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, philmycock said:

I'm sure we don't appreciate him because he came through the ranks, he's one of our own!!!!

image.png

Every time I see how many games he's played for us I'm amazed. Be nice to see him hit 200 appearances 

10 minutes ago, Joe. said:

Every time I see how many games he's played for us I'm amazed. Be nice to see him hit 200 appearances 

Be nicer to see him hit 600.

30 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He appears to be the main man for Ireland, he has always had this in his locker it's just a confidence thing with him I'm sure. 

Looking forward to him returning to Derby and marching on this season. 

Well done lad, looking every bit the player we know you can be. 

Totally agree , Jeff's very much a confidence player , seems to like the big games too , get some consistency into his game and he could be the best midfielder in the league .

I think the only reason people are even thinking about selling hendrick is because at the moment we'd get a good price, and he hasn't shown it consistently for us.

£10m+ would be hard to turn down.

He seems to play better with better players - I do think once he gets into top level football he'll thrive in a way Hughes would, but perhaps Johnson or Bryson wouldn't?

http://www.the42.ie/ireland-jeff-hendrick-italy-euro-2016-robbie-keane-2840580-Jun2016/?utm_source=shortlink

'I told Tottenham to sign him years ago!' - Keane hails Hendrick as one of Euro 2016's best midfielders

The Ireland skipper believes his team-mate could play at much higher level than the Championship.

JEFF HENDRICK HAS received high praise from his international captain and team-mate.

Derby County midfielder Hendrick has been one of Ireland’s stand-out performers at Euro 2016 and put a tremendous performance in the 1-0 win over Italy in Lille on Wednesday night.

Speaking after the result, Robbie Keane spoke highly of the 24-year-old Dubliner.

“He’s been brilliant in the last few games,” said Keane. “He’s been a top, top player. If you look at the performances (in Euro 2016 matches). I’ve watched most games, I think nearly all the games.

“I can’t see anyone apart from (Andres) Iniesta and people like that, because they control the game in terms of the way he has possession.

But in terms of getting up and down, getting his tackles in, keeping the ball when he can, keeping his composure and then also trying to score goals for the team.

“He had a few shots today, he was unlucky with his left foot. He’s been top drawer. Him and Robbie (Brady) have been fantastic.”

“I told Tottenham to buy him four years ago and they wouldn’t listen!”

If we sold him while in the Champ then what?

Wouldn't you rather have a player like Hendrick in your squad? 

And who's available to us that is going to be better.

And not heard that we're skint. 

Flog the weakest not the better ones

Ironic huh.. At some point in the season Christie was playing lets say not the best for us. He played brilliantly for Ireland and spoke about Keanes influence in him. He then came back to Derby and looked the Christie of old.

''He gives Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane a lot of praise here. They've had a really encouraging impact on him by just encouraging him to do what he is good at. He has gone on record saying that going away with Ireland has done him the world of good - as have Richard Keogh and Jeff Hendrick - and that's the O'Neill and Roy Keane effect.

Martin O'Neill, I think, in general, makes players feel good about themselves. The key to it is encouraging players to do what they're good at, rather than what they're good at. When you watch Cyrus you can see when his confidence is up. he looks strong when he goes forward, he looks quicker, he looks bigger to me, more confident.''

It's the same with Hendrick just recently speaking of the influence of Keane.

"Especially in the first game I played, he (Keane) gave me a lot of advice of positionally where he thinks I could improve and I try to take it on board," said the 24-year-old.

"Then every other game, if he sees anything, I like it when he tells me what I need to do better or if I have done something good, because I am still trying to learn and he has done a lot in the game."

They seem like confidence players and depend on how they are told to play. Could it be the influence of Clement playing more defensively which made these players look worse?

I would sell Hendrick though I know he can perform but no where near on a regular basis. The amount of times I forgot he was on the pitch I'd say 1/10 games he makes me think wow what a performance the rest is very meh. Be interesting to see his average rating through out the season on the ratings thread. Anything about £4 Mill I think we should take.

But then you've lost a player of good quality and you need to replace him. Who replaces Hendrick for the price he'd fetch? And would it be worth the gamble when you know what you will and won't get off Jeff?

I wouldn't want to swap Jeff for another Johnson but a year ago I think most would have

Archived