How good is jeff

catram

And he's young. He's still a baby. We just forget because he's such a senior player. So experienced. 

He frustrates. But a good young player like that... good enough for where we are imo. There's other older lads who are going down the hill to consider first

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are forgetting that Hendrick is only 24 and just coming into his prime as a footballer. He has already stated that the effect that Keane is having on him has made a big difference.

All Hendrick needs is a good manager and someone to encourage him to do what he does best week in week out.

But I know that if he does stay (fingers crossed), he can go on to perform week in week out but as soon as he has an off day, the boo boys on here will be straight in with "I told you so".

He is only 24 and just coming into his prime,,,,,,Manage him

Hendrick is one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched for Derby. Yes even more than Sammon because the general consensus was that he was ****. In contrast, Hendrick has the quality as seen with Ireland but he simply doesn't produce it enough for Derby when he has all the attriibutes to do so. He hasn't played well consistently  for us since September 2014 under McClaren where he was fantastic at the start of the 14-15 season and towards the end of the 13-14 season in the previois season. He went to **** again when he dislocated his shoulder and hasn't shown it enough consistently since then. Amazing how opinions can change because the majority wanted to get rid of him in the which midfielder to get rid of thread. We all have no doubt he has the quality but I expect him to go into hiding again. Hopefully Pearson can make him play well consistently. If not I'd sell him  because I would much rather sell Hendrick to generate income for ffp than Hughes because the offer would be at an inflated price and Hughes is more consistent. 

I think Hendrick plays well for Ireland because he's **** scared of Keane. I think on more than a few occasions Keane has ripped him apart and I don't think Hendrick dares go missing. I think he's a boot up the arse player rather than a arm round the shoulder. 

Hopefully, Pearson will give that same structure to Jeff and he can flourish next season. If we get this Jeff Hendrick then it will be like a new signing! He's been immense.

And some would still prefer Bryson over Hendo.

As much as I like Mr Bryson, he should be the one we should look to sell. 

Banged the drum about Hendrick for years now...... Still only 24

8 minutes ago, SkeggyRam said:

Not a chance, England Germany Spain and Italy only.

I'm playing devil's advocate here and know Duracell didn't mean the comment in that way but the top flights in Portugal, Holland, Russia and France are stronger than the championship. 

15 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

And some would still prefer Bryson over Hendo.

As much as I like Mr Bryson, he should be the one we should look to sell. 

Banged the drum about Hendrick for years now...... Still only 24

Definitely. Bryson and Hughes compliment each other, I have never seen Hendrick and Hughes play well as a pair in centre midfield together consistently. I have seen this with Bryson and Hughes.

You need to remember this a team game and not a game of fifa. Players need to compliment one another, from what I've seen Hendrick and Hughes generally don't. So unless we want to drop/sell Hughes, I think it would be good to cash in while Hendrick's stock is high and build around Hughes, Bryson with Johnson and Butterfield off the bench. Not a bad midfield at all and we have some money in the bank that everyone was going mad at last season when we spent so much! 

11 hours ago, Joe. said:

Every time I see how many games he's played for us I'm amazed. Be nice to see him hit 200 appearances 

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't the club make a big hoo-ha about the fact he did hit the 200 mark in the season just gone?

Anyway, this seems a good a time as any to drag this picture back out.

CbvNWG2XIAAMakC.jpg

Determination. He's a player who gets what he wants....when the mood strikes him and he does want it anyway. We've just got to make him want it every game and we've unlocked his potential. I want to see more Hungry Jeff this season.

It was interesting at the start of the commentary for last nights game - they were highlighting the fact that 5 of the Irish team played in the Championship and then started going through some of the top teams the Italians played for - I have to say that Jeff didn't look out of place at all in that company and I'd be mightily surprised if we don't get a fair few offers for him - a very Gerrard-esque performance....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/23/robbie-keane-claims-he-recommended-derby-countys-jeff-hendrick-t/page/1/

Robbie Keane knows...

Hendrick is a must keep in my eyes for Nigel Pearson...over the next 4 or 5 years he can offer so much more that Bryson.

I'm Brysons biggest fan but if we go up he would be pretty ineffectual, Jeff has the size and strength to succeed in the prem he just needs to add quality and consistency to his game.

One thing Pearson seems to have the ability to do is bring out the potential in players, you only have to look at Morgan , vardy and mahrez to see what I mean. Like Johnson, Hendrick can be a beast in midfield on his day, and I fully expect Pearson will bring that level of performance out of him.

Archived