How good is jeff

catram

Misses the next game should they go through. Which would be England should we go through. So bittersweet for me.

Pros:

Dangerous midfield man missing a game.

Cons:

Would have been good to see him against us, see how he performs against Premier League players at a high level.

We know how utterly pants Hendrick can be from time to time so we're not going to get one of his famous invisible performances working in our favour.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see such a spirited team performance from Ireland and two Derby players on the pitch.

There might be some tired legs in the second half in that baking sunshine but willpower can carry a team a long way.

Go on Ireland, do it to em

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Misses the next game should they go through. Which would be England should we go through. So bittersweet for me.

Pros:

Dangerous midfield man missing a game.

Cons:

Would have been good to see him against us, see how he performs against Premier League players at a high level.

We know how utterly pants Hendrick can be from time to time so we're not going to get one of his famous invisible performances working in our favour.

He is doing alright against plenty of prem players and seri A players today

Weak in the tackle, poor decision making in the box from a great opportunity, passing the ball and then hiding behind his man so he can't be given it back, brainless actions getting him a card and a ban. He's offered very little so far today.

Proof that it's the same Jeff Hendrick playing for both us and Ireland, and not an imposter. 

I still can't quite figure out how France were awarded a free kick for the foul that injured him though.

14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Robbie Keane says he urged Spurs to sign Hendrick 4 years ago: https://www.rte.ie/sport/euro-2016/2016/0623/797569-keane-hails-brady-and-hendrick/

Love Jeff though I do (and what a haircut!) it would be handy for the promotion kitty if they came in again for him now.

We don't need to sell anyone we don't want to sell. Didn't you get sick of seeing talented players leave under Clough? Sam Rush turned up and assured us our days as a selling club are over. I don't want that to change. We produce academy players, we keep academy players. We've not invested this much money in our academy to be Tottenham's feeder club.

Was dead on his feet at the end. Hope he gets a bit if rest and can come back to give Pearson a real selection headache for next season.

Regardless of how effective he's been today against the host nation he's had a good tournament and his stock has risen considerably outside Derby.

26 minutes ago, Tombo said:

We don't need to sell anyone we don't want to sell. Didn't you get sick of seeing talented players leave under Clough? Sam Rush turned up and assured us our days as a selling club are over. I don't want that to change. We produce academy players, we keep academy players. We've not invested this much money in our academy to be Tottenham's feeder club.

Personally I don't think he is good enough - I certainly don't think he would get in our starting 11 if everyone was fit - he has too many games where he goes missing. If anyone came in with a reasonable offer I would bite their hands off.

He's good enough to play at the top level as he's shown in Euro 16. He's not looked out of place against Italy, Belgium, Sweden or France, three of whom have every chance of winning it.

We need a manager who can get him in the right formation and the right frame of mind to do it week in, week out.

9 hours ago, GenBr said:

Personally I don't think he is good enough - I certainly don't think he would get in our starting 11 if everyone was fit - he has too many games where he goes missing. If anyone came in with a reasonable offer I would bite their hands off.

Just held his own against 4 good international teams.....

Being picked by one of the best British managers of the last 20 odd years consistently.

Over 200 appearances for his club.

Strikes me as a player whose pretty consistent to me. 

In "Which midfielder would you sell" thread I said this before Ireland games:

Hendrick - he's the weird one. If we continue with 4-3-3, he would be the one I'd sell. But 4-4-2 might suit him better. Funny old game this football. First and foremost I'd try to mould him to a winger, no matter what tactics we will have.

Euro's didn't change my views at all.

58 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Seen this chant going around on the Internet, reckon we could sing the chorus of it seeing as we've always needed a Hendrick chant.

If things pan out unfavorably for Jeff over the summer, we could always go with:

He's Jeff Hendrick,

He's got a manager who is quite eccentric, 

He won't be warming our bench for a bit,

'Cos he's doing time!

25 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't pay too much attention to the Ireland games, what did he achieve then? 

He achieved a level of performance that suggests he's comfortable playing against some of the best players in the world. Hopefully he'll take confidence from that and show an improved level at Derby or even attract a decent sized bid too good to turn down.

Archived