Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

51 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Can see a line formed. Looks beautiful but also like one of those spots the ancient Mayans get you lined up, before bopping you off.

Close...a local sport is jumping off the bridge (insane if you ask me given the water depth is about 4m) but obviously a big tourist draw

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Some say Marseille is a S hole. What’s your view DFR7?

I’ve only really explored the old port (which is most people’s impression of Marseille) and I quite like it. It’s a lively place with plenty going on, and the port area itself couldn’t really be described as a poohole. think I actually walked past the hotel that the Napoli players are staying at before tomorrow’s game.

I also went a bit further on past the port to look at the beach area. There’s very little beach but plenty of rocky bits to walk around (I took my photo here) and a few bars. The sea is a lovely colour.

The digs I’m staying at are a bit rough around the edges and they’re in the middle of some narrow, quite smelly streets (probably to do with bins in the heat), but I feel quite safe. There’s a big Asian (perhaps Pakistani or Kurdish?) community here and it’s got quite an interesting vibe.

From what I’ve heard, the more dangerous parts are a bit further north.

Oh, and it’s bloody boiling.

3 hours ago, froggg said:

Always wanted to go to Tresco? @RamNut

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Give it a go mate. Fly from exeter. Its my favourite of the islands. 

I worked a season at the Island Hotel on Tresco which I believe has been knocked down now.

I'm not sure if I've ever been anywhere as nice as the Scillies.

23 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

I worked a season at the Island Hotel on Tresco which I believe has been knocked down now.

I'm not sure if I've ever been anywhere as nice as the Scillies.

Apparently it was on the site of the buildings on the extreme right of the top picture.