Picture where you, and your knee are now.

froggg

On 31/05/2019 at 00:58, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is that from the new IPA range in Tesco? I’ve been meaning to try some but couldn’t find any in there the other day. 

You know when you've got a picture of someone in your head, then you meet them in real life and it's like what the fu......how the fu.....

Mind... Blown.....

Nice to "meet" you pal ?

And what a brilliant, brilliant thread by the way. I've only seen from page 144 (ish) to 141 and it's been cracking.

Edited by ronnieronalde

On 26/05/2019 at 09:50, ramit said:

It's been a grueling, but exciting week.  Paid a deposit on this 85 square meter property in Costa Blanca South Cabo Roig Spain, but we don't have the keys yet because the real estate company is dragging it's feet, as is the norm in Spain as i have come to accept.  So we have been clearing the front part and fixing what needs fixing, but that job is only half done.  An Irish man has rented the place for the past 8 years.  He never fixed anything, apparently spent most of his time in a chair smoking and drinking, so all plastic materials need removing inside and there is some light repair work needed as well as complete refurnishing.  Am not counting any chickens yet until signature is completed but we are not worried as we have a human tornado for a lawyer, probably the best in the business in that area.  i will return to Spain hopefully within two weeks to complete repairs, furnish and install appliances and then we have a couple waiting to rent it from us for a year.  We need to do that as we are extending ourselves financially a bit.  After that, it will be completely paid for.  We got it at a very good price indeed.  Great community, good neighbors and fantastically situated within walking distance to beach and everything of interest.  We are so tired, but very happy.  What shall we call it?  i like Casa Jenn as that is my wife's name, but my good friend suggests Lion's Den because of the gate figures.  Without his help and his gracious wife we would never have been able to pull this off.  Wonderful friends and only a few doors down the lane.

029b.jpg

If you call it that. the locals will call it Casa (ccc(Hen

How about Casa Blanca ?

Enjoy it pal. Always love to see people getting themselves a place abroad to unwind and relax in.

On 07/07/2019 at 19:27, ronnieronalde said:

If you call it that. the locals will call it Casa (ccc(Hen

How about Casa Blanca ?

Enjoy it pal. Always love to see people getting themselves a place abroad to unwind and relax in.

Just got back yesterday from Spain.  What was supposed to be a week long trip turned into three weeks and it's still not completely over, will need to go over again in a few weeks to finish up.  The house had pretty much everything wrong with it that a house can have, one problem after another, major water leak being the biggest problem to deal with and a failing air con unit.  The only original things left in the house are the sinks and toilets, the rest is new.  My shopping list if put all together would probably circle the house three times over.  The weather was scorching the whole time of course, so my arctic complexion has been thoroughly grilled.  The estate agents Inmo Invest tried to swindle me, maintained that all fees had been paid on the house when it was the complete opposite, a 900 Euro water bill, property tax, community fees, electricity all unpaid.  My lawyer did a good job, refusing to sign anything until all records were clear and papers in hand on it.  Inmo lawyer's reaction was oh we must have mixed me up with another client.  Yeah, right, they´re a criminal outfit that no one should consider doing business with.  Good to be home again for a couple of weeks rest.

Thanks for the good wishes and pleased excuse the very late reply