Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, angieram said:

This was a Permier League U23 Cup game. Great to win, especially with Lewis Walker sent off around the hour mark. We finish bottom of the group and don't progress, but it's close between all four academies: http://int.soccerway.com/national/england/u21-cup-premier-league/20162017/16th-finals/group-3/g10269/http://int.soccerway.com/national/england/u21-cup-premier-league/20162017/16th-finals/group-3/g10269/

Embarrassed to say I am new to this thread. Apart from and handful of names  - Bennet, Lowe, Rawson, Elsnik, Santos I am a bit lost as to who we have comming through. 

who is on the radar as quality and knocking on the door. ? And how often if ever do the U23 play at Pride Park or locally ? I fancy a look at the young potential to see what we have .... Advice please 

58 minutes ago, jono said:

Embarrassed to say I am new to this thread. Apart from and handful of names  - Bennet, Lowe, Rawson, Elsnik, Santos I am a bit lost as to who we have comming through. 

who is on the radar as quality and knocking on the door. ? And how often if ever do the U23 play at Pride Park or locally ? I fancy a look at the young potential to see what we have .... Advice please 

Some say Elsnik, but every time I've seen youngsters play, Guy and Vernam has been our best players.

4 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Just had a flick at some of the forums, Port Vale fans seem to quite like Guy.

Coventry fans havent really got an opinion of Vernam yet but one described Rawson as "The worst professional footballer ive ever seen"

Which probably means he slipped once and someone beat him, thus he is damned for all eternity :p

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Which probably means he slipped once and someone beat him, thus he is damned for all eternity :p

Looking at there highlights v Bury I think its him who is at fault for both goals, could be wrong though

The table's at https://www.premierleague.com/tables?team=U21 and shows what a massive difference a win tonight would have made. Our position in the top division is incredibly precarious, and with only four games to go the next match is home to league leaders Everton. The bottom 2 go down so we're currently out of the drop zone on goal difference but with bottom placed Leicester only one point behind with a game in hand.

Our recent form is strong but we started the season appallingly as though we didn't care about staying up. Interestingly the good run has happened since letting Hanson, Rawson, Guy and Vernam go out on loan.

On 08/03/2017 at 21:36, Rab a dab doo said:

Why not bring some senior players in I sure other teams would not think twice about it to preserve their status in the league.In the long run it can only be beneficial to us.

What? Have you seen our seniors?!

Archived