Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 19:02, Kamikaze said:

Also looks like we have another Slovenian lad on trial tonight...

Sven Karic 18 year old defender who was at NK Maribor and has represented Slovenia at u19/u18/17 and 16 level

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 23:05, rynny said:

Saw a tweet about him on deadline day joining us from some "journalist" but couldn't find anything else so just ignored it ?

It was actually @Derby_EnglandLoyal that retweeted it.

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Sven Karic?

See above about Sven Karic. 

10 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I'm surprised we don't play one or two of the senior team that aren't getting game time, at least giving them a run in a position to see if it could work, I've Vydra LW and Blackman CF to try and get them used to the position and see if they can adjust to it

Why hamper the youngsters? 

Currently watching on LFCTV.

Santos has a weird corner taking technique, takes two steps then spoons it into the box.

Derby took the lead with Jakobsen scoring a good header from a Bennett cross from the left.

Liverpool drawn level through a bad own goal from Karic who flung a leg out when defending a corner and sent it toward goal, Santos on the post moved his body out of the way as Roos was diving for it but was out of his reach. If Santos hadn't moved or swung a leg at it then Derby would still be in the lead.

1 hour ago, RicME85 said:

Tbf to Liverpool they made 7 changes from the last match and a number of u23 players are with the first team at a training camp.

Fair enough, but our under 23s have a lot of youngsters stepping up too so it evens each other out. I would like us to stay up if we can and this was a match that we probably weren't expected to win.

6 hours ago, RicME85 said:

Tbf to Liverpool they made 7 changes from the last match and a number of u23 players are with the first team at a training camp.

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Fair enough, but our under 23s have a lot of youngsters stepping up too so it evens each other out. I would like us to stay up if we can and this was a match that we probably weren't expected to win.

It definitely evens out. In the January window we sent four of the core U23 team out on loans to Championship and League One clubs, not to mention our main goal threat being injured all season. I think it's extremely important for the academy for us to stay in the top flight and will be a tremendous achievement if we manage to do it, given the lack of recruitment at the senior academy level. But that table's incredibly tight and anything can happen.

Archived