Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to catch last night's game on streaming, and Mason Bennett is really starting to look the part again. A few times he ran the United defenders ragged. United looked poor, and at one point we looked as if we could score every time we attacked. 

Elsnik's gonna be a star. Said it first time I saw him play on his youth debut and nothing is making me doubt that stance.

Good to see Bennett knuckling down and adding to his game. Much less one-dimensional of late.

25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Elsnik's gonna be a star. Said it first time I saw him play on his youth debut and nothing is making me doubt that stance.

Good to see Bennett knuckling down and adding to his game. Much less one-dimensional of late.

I really hope so. He looked so good in the Carlisle game, quick and composed. You could see he had that touch, those players than make the ball do what they want, when they want. I can't help feeling with the injuries that now is the chance to get them in the squad and hopefully on the pitch. 

It's great to see the young lads finally finding their feet in this league. Winning can only breed more confidence. Hopefully up the league we go now.

Let's hope we can now carry on and consolidate and stay in the Premier under 23 league for next year. This will not only develop both our current players but also help to raise the overall standard of our whole academy. 

Big Game vs Hull tonight

TEAM: #DCFCU23s starting XI vs @HullCity: Ravas, Cover, Bateman, Karic, Macdonald; Bird, Elsnik, Babos; Gordon, Bennett, Jakobsen 

Very pleased with the line up, it looks like Karic is now a Rams player.

Surprised not to see Kyle McAllister involved still, but Cameron Creswell, a shining star of the Academy is on the bench.

would be very surprised if Elsnik scores again, that he isn't involved on Saturday.

49 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Can play in youth games for your parent club.. but its a long way from Darlington to North Ferriby..

He wasn't involved in their latest game and I seem to recall it's only a 28 day loan. Who knows 

Archived