Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, zaragozaram said:

Ta. Only need to beat Chelsea then!!

Only if just one goes down (which I don't know,but I'm sure someone will tell me).If it's 2,then even beating Chelsea might not be enough,though I might alter that view if I knew who all the bottom clubs have still got to play.

2 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Only if just one goes down (which I don't know,but I'm sure someone will tell me).If it's 2,then even beating Chelsea might not be enough,though I might alter that view if I knew who all the bottom clubs have still got to play.

Take a look at this picture.

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Take a look at this picture.

Yeah,I see the shading now.Do you know where I can find all the remaining fixtures? I love trying to work out if the win would be enough in any event.

8 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Sat 22 Apr 2017

Sunderland vs Arsenal

Stoke vs Swansea

Mon 24 Apr 2017

Blackburn vs Aston Villa

Fulham vs Wolves

Liverpool vs Man City

Man Utd vs Spurs

Norwich vs Brighton

Reading vs Leicester

West Brom vs West Ham

Thu 4 May 2017

Spurs vs Leicester

Fri 5 May 2017

Derby vs Chelsea

Man City vs Southampton

Mon 8 May 2017

Arsenal vs Man Utd

Everton vs Liverpool

Reading vs Sunderland

1 minute ago, ramblur said:

Yeah,I see the shading now.Do you know where I can find all the remaining fixtures? I love trying to work out if the win would be enough in any event.

Key fixture is the bottom 2 play each other.

Just now, rynny said:

Keep up, look 2 posts higher up. :sleep:

The difference is you listed down and mine was provided with the link. Unlucky. :lol:

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Sat 22 Apr 2017

Sunderland vs Arsenal

Stoke vs Swansea

Mon 24 Apr 2017

Blackburn vs Aston Villa

Fulham vs Wolves

Liverpool vs Man City

Man Utd vs Spurs

Norwich vs Brighton

Reading vs Leicester

West Brom vs West Ham

Thu 4 May 2017

Spurs vs Leicester

Fri 5 May 2017

Derby vs Chelsea

Man City vs Southampton

Mon 8 May 2017

Arsenal vs Man Utd

Everton vs Liverpool

Reading vs Sunderland

Can't as yet find any guarantees if we beat Chelsea,but then Southampton would have to win at Man City to be above us (assuming they retain better GD),Leicester would have to win both games,and Reading would have to win both games pretty impressively.There's a few that aren't yet safe.

28 minutes ago, rynny said:

Key fixture is the bottom 2 play each other.

I think it's only really key if we win our last game and the bottom 2 draw,which keeps us up.If that doesn't happen,but we still beat Chelsea,Man City v Southampton looks pretty key.

Pity,Spurs have to play Leicester,but I can't quite wangle a 'come what may' guarantee out of that one (if we win).

Turns out to be a great puzzle,and I was within a whisker of being able to say that a win for us guarantees  safety.That in itself shows we'd be incredibly unlucky to win and still go down.Only wish I could be there to roar the lads on-for those that can go,don't let any anxieties you might have filter down to the pitch.Non stop encouragement the order of the day.

28 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I think it's only really key if we win our last game and the bottom 2 draw,which keeps us up.If that doesn't happen,but we still beat Chelsea,Man City v Southampton looks pretty key.

Pity,Spurs have to play Leicester,but I can't quite wangle a 'come what may' guarantee out of that one (if we win).

29 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Sorry @rynny ,you were right,it is pretty key because ,as well as the draw,if Reading won (but not by too many),that would also be good news.

Forgot to say there are 2 ways we could stay up even if we lost to Chelsea:-

1) Leicester and Reading draw and then both lose final games.

2)Reading beat Leicester and then both lose final games (as long as we don't throw away big GD advantage over Reading).

A draw against Chelsea throws up even more chances.

By Monday night everyone will have caught up with the fixtures so the permutations going into the last game will be a lot clearer. It could easily come down to one goal over the course of an entire season. Sorry I had to miss the game last night, but very well done to the lads for getting the win that keeps our survival hopes alive.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

By Monday night everyone will have caught up with the fixtures so the permutations going into the last game will be a lot clearer. It could easily come down to one goal over the course of an entire season. Sorry I had to miss the game last night, but very well done to the lads for getting the win that keeps our survival hopes alive.

You're right,of course.One result to look out for though is Spurs/Utd. If Spurs were to lose that,then the Spurs/Leicester fixture keeps us up if we beat Chelsea (barring Reading results and GD miracles).Both Spurs and Leicester would need to win.

Sunderland are now safe after beating Arsenal yesterday. Now it's two from the bottom six to go down. If Spurs beat Man Yoo tomorrow I think that's good (eve if it takes Spurs out of the equation) as it means a draw in our last game would see us finish above Man Yoo should they lose their final match away at Arsenal.

27 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Have we decided what result(s) we're wanting from tonight?

Either a Reading win or a draw against Leicester.

Archived