Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, EastHertsRam said:

Aye but it might shut the Wassall hasn't won a game merchants up for a couple of minutes.

Do you mean those moaning that we have lost by the odd goal to 4 of the biggest teams in England in an u23 league whilst fielding what is essentially an u19 team and missing their 2 first choice strikers?

9 hours ago, sage said:

Do you mean those moaning that we have lost by the odd goal to 4 of the biggest teams in England in an u23 league whilst fielding what is essentially an u19 team and missing their 2 first choice strikers?

But...but...Hull....Rotherboooo....

11 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Surprised to see Callum Ball on the team sheet for Corby Town v Buxton on Tuesday night. He was quite prolific for us as an 18 year old. That's a bit of a tumble down the ladder.

Callum Ball played on loan at Torquay a few years back and I saw every game he played in live. He was absolutely shocking. I think he scored 1 header in about 15 appearances.

On the subject of U23's. Am I right in saying that it's the JPT away at Donny on Tuesday night? I've not seen anything about it anywhere. I planned to go as from Donny originally so good to go back to the cesshole. :lol:

11 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Callum Ball played on loan at Torquay a few years back and I saw every game he played in live. He was absolutely shocking. I think he scored 1 header in about 15 appearances.

On the subject of U23's. Am I right in saying that it's the JPT away at Donny on Tuesday night? I've not seen anything about it anywhere. I planned to go as from Donny originally so good to go back to the cesshole. :lol:

Yes. It's on the main DCFC website under 'Checkatrade Trophy' in the fixtures section.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/checkatrade-trophy-fixtures/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if Des Walker has been taken on full time? He's not listed on the academy staff but sure he was interviewed the other week?

I also love how many ex-Derby players we still have around... McClaren, Powell and Wassall the obvious ones but academy coaches include Delap, Lee Morris, Rob Kozluk and (if it counts) Ayrton Wassall...

I think it says nice things about the club and the academy atmosphere that these guys are back in the DCFC family... (and yes cynics... I'm sure they all live round here as it's easy to commute to their old clubs etc etc)

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Anyone know if Des Walker has been taken on full time? He's not listed on the academy staff but sure he was interviewed the other week?

I also love how many ex-Derby players we still have around... McClaren, Powell and Wassall the obvious ones but academy coaches include Delap, Lee Morris, Rob Kozluk and (if it counts) Ayrton Wassall...

I think it says nice things about the club and the academy atmosphere that these guys are back in the DCFC family... (and yes cynics... I'm sure they all live round here as it's easy to commute to their old clubs etc etc)

I believe we also have Ross Atkins part time GK coaching with the youngsters too

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yep, knew there was one I'd missed...

I was also lucky enough to be at one of the "own the region" events and grabbed the oppertunity for a couple of casual chats with players, coaches and community volunteers. I got the impression that a few current players who want it are being given chance to try out coaching and working with the youngsters, Lee Grant in particular has gained this experience (his son is in the academy) and Id be delighted to see him coaching here one day

1 hour ago, whiteroseram said:

I was also lucky enough to be at one of the "own the region" events and grabbed the oppertunity for a couple of casual chats with players, coaches and community volunteers. I got the impression that a few current players who want it are being given chance to try out coaching and working with the youngsters, Lee Grant in particular has gained this experience (his son is in the academy) and Id be delighted to see him coaching here one day

I get the impression that Derbyshire is the kind of place players have flocked to over the years... Especially the guys who might be considered 'journeymen' as it's easy to get to most parts of the country... I suspect that's why there are quite a lot of ex players keen on becoming coaches here... And a lot of players kids in the academy...

Archived