Under 23s & Academy 16/17

SaintRam

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mason Bennett with the squad tonight, although not in the eighteen. Maybe he is getting close to a comeback? A winger with some pace - Pearson should like him.

IMG_20160830_193654.jpg

Pace and bugger all else. 

To be honest, I don't think we should be a part of this competition, as it devalues it.  No one wants to get to Wembley to play Crystal Palace u23s.

I imagine the interest from the lower leagues has been dampened from a great day out to another Premiership focused piece of nonsense...

13 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

To be honest, I don't think we should be a part of this competition, as it devalues it.  No one wants to get to Wembley to play Crystal Palace u23s.

I imagine the interest from the lower leagues has been dampened from a great day out to another Premiership focused piece of nonsense...

Isn't this overstating it somewhat?

Santos (21) was the oldest player. Average age of the Team was under 19. DET reports the ten outfied players averaged 18.8 but is that 18 and 8 months or 18 and 9 and half months?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-youngsters-slip-to-defeat-in-trophy-clash-but-emerge-in-credit/story-29669321-detail/story.html

Ravas in goal was 18 when we signed him earlier in the year.

Very good effort considering they were playing seniors, but according to the DET again the rules only say we have to lay 6x U21 players so why not give some of the first team squad who aren't getting game time a run?

11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Santos (21) was the oldest player. Average age of the Team was under 19. DET reports the ten outfied players averaged 18.8 but is that 18 and 8 months or 18 and 9 and half months?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-youngsters-slip-to-defeat-in-trophy-clash-but-emerge-in-credit/story-29669321-detail/story.html

Ravas in goal was 18 when we signed him earlier in the year.

Very good effort considering they were playing seniors, but according to the DET again the rules only say we have to lay 6x U21 players so why not give some of the first team squad who aren't getting game time a run?

18 and 9 and a half.

Archived