Alan Nixon transfer debacle 16/17

North_Stand_Ram

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I am aware of Anya's family history - it's quite a story. I'm sure he's quite a smart off the football pitch. However, I have seen nothing of him in the past that would suggest a great deal of footballing intelligence - all I've seen of him over the years suggests that he's a hard working, fast player (what Pearson likes), but not what I would call football smart. Just my opinion.

And you've stated you hold the same opinion of Wilson and Vydra - so in effect, you've written off all three signings before any of them have started a match for us.  Fair enough, I think your comment bites, but hey, it's just my opinion.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

And you've stated you hold the same opinion of Wilson and Vydra - so in effect, you've written off all three signings before any of them have started a match for us.  Fair enough, I think your comment bites, but hey, it's just my opinion.

Like I said, I'm basing it off what I've seen of them in the past. Wilson is probably the riskiest one to label with that, given how young he is and inexperienced. From what I've seen of Vydra, he's just a hoof and chase man as long as the hoofs have a bit of finesse to them. I would've love for them to prove me wrong though, so here's hoping. No worries, opinions are what make the game.

Just now, PodgeyRam said:

Like I said, I'm basing it off what I've seen of them in the past. Wilson is probably the riskiest one to label with that, given how young he is and inexperienced. I would've love for them to prove me wrong though, so here's hoping. No worries, opinions are what make the game.

No Podgey, I think you'll find it's two team sof eleven lads running around kicking a ball that 'makes the game'  :p 

Maybe the East Midlands meltdown tweet referred to us pulling in £16.5m by selling two players, including one voted best players of the decade and bringing no-one in on the same day. I'm not giving up hope yet and Martin not finalised. Oh to be a fly on the wall in Nigel"s office right now. 

I firmly believe our club isn't daft enough to loan out Chris Martin without a decent like for like replacement.

Bent, Blackman and Weimann have proven they just aren't good enough.

Ince has continued to prove he just isn't consistent enough.

Wilson and Vydra are both excellent players and capable of big things, but God help us if one gets injured.

The club isn't daft enough, I have faith!

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I firmly believe our club isn't daft enough to loan out Chris Martin without a decent like for like replacement.

Wilson and Vydra are both excellent players and capable of big things, but God help us if one gets injured.

That's more like it!

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd agree but just thought a name would of been leaked by now

£2.5m loan fee? I wouldn't moan if he really wants to go, and I wouldn't be surprised if he does looking at his body language so far. We'd still need someone to play up top with his back to goal. 

Here goes I'm going to say it....gulp...in a pinch, Blackman might be able to do that role. I need a lie down.

1 minute ago, needles said:

Here goes I'm going to say it....gulp...in a pinch, Blackman might be able to do that role. I need a lie down.

Blackman is in an epic battle with Johnson for the "Gary Teale Role" of being a lighting rod for fans anger and frustration.

Playing Blackman in Martin's position whilst Brad is injured might just give him the edge.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Blackman is in an epic battle with Johnson for the "Gary Teale Role" of being a lighting rod for fans anger and frustration.

Playing Blackman in Martin's position whilst Brad is injured might just give him the edge.

Yeah we should play him in his best role...where is that!?

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Fingers crossed mate

Archived