Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

Steve Bruce and Ian Holloway are in the same group. So there! Bring on the fighting charge!!!!!

Of course Bruce says that, he also claimed he should have been in goal. It's a question of do the players in that bit of their minds, believe it's over and done. Or for that matter,do ours? Without expectations they tend to perform a bit better.

I think, and it's only a hunch, that three not two has crept into the thinking.

And I to be honest, have zero belief that hull are staffed by invincibly efficient super players from another realm. They did everything right on Saturday we did everything wrong, but if hull were as good as all that, would they be in a play off match?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

50/1 to win on pens, 100/1 to win 4-0, 66/1 to win in E/T

Got to have 50p on all those.

PS

Here's another one

Martin to score first and Derby to win 4-0

300/1

Oh no that means Martin starts or comes on with 4 minutes to go like Bent and we score 4...

this is ridiculous...3-0 down and i'm still itching for 3 o clock to knock off and get up there, still hopeful

i know someone with a ticket that isnt bothering, shameful tbh

i couldn't face it if my 2 year old asks me in 10 years...''dad...did you go to Hull in the play offs when we were 3-0 down and won 5-3?'' no son i bottled it :ermm:

Imagine if Camara starts (which he won't as it will one footed Ince and Russell) and destroys Hull with his pace and scores 4 goals !!  Watched some utube highlights and he can zip past people as he did when he came on against Hartlepool in the FA Cup and set up Bent... Nope it will be the same boring team..

8 minutes ago, Ahjames08 said:

Imagine if Camara starts (which he won't as it will one footed Ince and Russell) and destroys Hull with his pace and scores 4 goals !!  Watched some utube highlights and he can zip past people as he did when he came on against Hartlepool in the FA Cup and set up Bent... Nope it will be the same boring team..

Have you thought that maybe he struggles in training to impress? Maybe he can't zip past our own defenders?

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Have you thought that maybe he struggles in training to impress? Maybe he can't zip past our own defenders?

Yeah, something is a miss with him or he's just quiet and accepts he isn't picked and doesn't cause any trouble. I get the same impression with Weimann and Butterfield. But not Ince.

But with regards to starting Camara, then it's a yes from me. I'd play him up top and hope his pace has Dawson and Davies worrying about their touch and positioning. Unlike Saturday when they could have played with their hands in their pockets.

36 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

this is ridiculous...3-0 down and i'm still itching for 3 o clock to knock off and get up there, still hopeful

i know someone with a ticket that isnt bothering, shameful tbh

i couldn't face it if my 2 year old asks me in 10 years...''dad...did you go to Hull in the play offs when we were 3-0 down and won 5-3?'' no son i bottled it :ermm:

There speaks a real fan.

no matter how daft or unlikely you just have that little glowing ember .. All it needs is some dry tinder .. Then some kindling .. And you never know we might just get the fire going. 

Just watched the first 30 minutes of the first leg again. Biggest difference for me was the aggression of the Hull players compared with us. every time we attacked, their defence was in position particularly centrally. we were all over the place for the first goal, leaving Keogh exposed with Hernadez having a free shot. They did not allow us that amount of space all game. BJ only needed to cushion the ball to Hughes who was nearest and unmarked, instead he under hit it towards Shackell who was in a position to clean out their guy. He was too late because he did not expect the pass. Every time that we attacked they had many players BEHIND THE BALL. Simple approach in such an important game. lack of organisation in our defence cost us the game.It will probably do the same tonight.

1 hour ago, Strovolos said:

Not one single person in Hull thinks it's all over, I promise you!

And I defy anyone to find a quote from Steve Bruce that gives any indication he thinks the job is done!  The most he has said is that if we play like we did at the iPro, we've got an excellent chance.  Please don't group Brucie in with that moron Holloway!!!

Bruce has been quite measured in his post match comments and certainly not giving it large.

He'll be rightly confident but comes across as a bit wary. Perhaps cannot bring himself to believe we would be that poor again - he really didn't do anything tactically dramatic on Saturday but must have been delighted to see us adapt our game so readily to play to Hulls strengths.

I've said elsewhere I think 0-0 tonight. Hull don't have to do anything dramatic and I don't believe with where we are and the personnel at our disposal that we are capable of anything dramatic.

I'll still have some bottled beers and will keep an eye on SSN tho......

Yes they did have their hands in their pockets.. So something new would be great,I thought Blackman, Bent and Camara even though at Hartlepool looked pacy and they turned the game around. That 3 have never played again together as Martin probably threatened to leave !! Maybe their is a bully at the club - another Martin goal drought so maybe we might see a change tonight.. That we can get excited about before kick off.. 

Apologies if this has already been posted. 

This game was planned to be the commentary game on Five live tonight. Been scrubbed now , just so they can do the Man utd game. 

It's possible it's on sports extra. Though that's not much help if you were planning to listen on analogue. 

12 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

Apologies if this has already been posted. 

This game was planned to be the commentary game on Five live tonight. Been scrubbed now , just so they can do the Man utd game. 

It's possible it's on sports extra. Though that's not much help if you were planning to listen on analogue. 

A nothing game replaces a nothing game.. :ph34r:

Just kidding. Man United could win by 19..

Archived