Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, top 6 finish said:

I wanted to confirm what I thought went wrong for us.

I assume that you did. We are the most fragile team in the top 6. By fragile I mean likely to put in a very poor performance without warning. Did we make the mistake of not dropping players who were playing poorly. Butterfield seemed to be substituted far too often to me. Ince and a lot of poor games.

Did we make the mistake of playing players who were not doing enough to be in the team whilst others were not given a fair chance?

Stick this up in the dressing room and all. I realise it's highly likely this will be the case, but as a professional footballer himself I'm sure he knows it ain't over until it's over...

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They also HAVE to keep going - ten...twenty minutes in, nil nil or a goal down, they have to keep playing.

If they can't do that....it'll be the final curtain on this group of players as far as I'm concerned.

Indeed. If rotherham can pull back 3 on us in 10 minutes we can do the same in 90. 

I think the lesson to be learned Is that no matter how flashy your skills are, it's the team that works the hardest and as a unit that will come out on top. 

The new manager needs to be someone who can instil that, and much as I despise him, Pearson might be that man.

i hope we show some ba!!s tonight. My fear is that a few individuals will do their own thing to put themselves in the shop window now that it's all too late.

Right ! It's match day .. Sulks and moans back in the cupboard with the stale cornflakes.

lets give it our best shot, will them on and whatever the result let's get our heads up and show some pride

Logic says usual set up with an 11 made up of the 13/14 regulars 

Heart says .. 4411 with Camara on one wing, Ince behind Bent with Hughes and Butterfield in the middle. Weiman to take either Ince or Camaras role if that isn't working. 

Well won some money on the Brighton game, so my surplus has gone on Derby to qualify @ 25/1. We scored 2 goals in the first half an hour at their place, and I would love us to wipe the smug smiles of their players faces, and Fat ugly Bruce who said he could have gone in Goal.... Let's hope DW has that on the wall in the dressing room wall... Love to someone like Camara run at their defence....

41 minutes ago, jono said:

Right ! It's match day .. Sulks and moans back in the cupboard with the stale cornflakes.

lets give it our best shot, will them on and whatever the result let's get our heads up and show some pride

Logic says usual set up with an 11 made up of the 13/14 regulars 

Heart says .. 4411 with Camara on one wing, Ince behind Bent with Hughes and Butterfield in the middle. Weiman to take either Ince or Camaras role if that isn't working. 

Now that's an attacking formation that we hope has been tried since Saturday. When teams play against us we do look to predictable... Let's for once be the in predictable and Dawson and Davies running around like headless chickens rather than snubbing out the passes to Martin... COYR.. Plus quite a few playing for their contracts..

I'm strangely excited and optimistic. Not entirely sure how this football club manages to do this to my brain but it does, we'll be there supporting the lads and hopefully they will be able to do us proud.

Grant (shot stopper)

Cyrus (what a dribbler)       Keogh (oh)          Bucko (heart, and goals at corners)        Warnock! (heads and defends)

Russell                Butters                             Will                      French speeder (surprise)

Benty (allegedly one of England;s top goal scorers)             Martin

If it's not this team, I'm not even bothering to subscribe to Sky tonight!

I'm actually quietly optimistic too. It may be misguided optimism but only time will tell.

If we get an early goal then the whole tie changes. That'd put them in an awkward position. Should they defend or attack? Grab another one and they'll be very nervy and we'll be full of confidence. Get the third and their heads go. The crowd will be on their backs and the momentum would then get us the winner. Big big ask but stranger things have happened.

Although knowing us we'll get to 4-0, concede in the 95th minute and then lose on penalties.

I am OK with us not going up, not a problem for me. Tonight I want to see some pride in our performance. I don't want the current head coach instructing stupid tactics like by-passing our most creative players and launching crazy balls straight to their defenders. I want to see passes to Martin that are anywhere between his knees and the 'little piggy that went to market; He will revel in that service. I want to see Bryson coming from midfield and beyond Martin, I want to see Keogh have an idea in his head what he is going to do with the ball when he goes on one of his runs. I don't want Shackell to have the ball, he makes me nervous. Or, the short version is play the football on the grass - entertain me, have a shot.

Big ask tonight , but Hull think they are already there and some of the comments flying around , Bruce and Holloway ,might just fire up our lads to pull this out of the fire , whatever eleven Wass puts out tonight needs to be giving 110 percent from kick off , so come on boys you have got this performance in you to turn this around , if you want to be a premier league player next season , tonight is when youve got to show it COME ON DERBY

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Of course, in an odd way, that third goal has helped.  The odds were still against us at 2 but now hull think it's all over.

Not one single person in Hull thinks it's all over, I promise you!

And I defy anyone to find a quote from Steve Bruce that gives any indication he thinks the job is done!  The most he has said is that if we play like we did at the iPro, we've got an excellent chance.  Please don't group Brucie in with that moron Holloway!!!

Archived