Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

I for one have recovered from the game yesterday. I am a Derby County fan and always will be. Every player tried to do what they could and at the end of the day, we came up short. We lost a goal through match unfitness, a goal through a deflection that could easily have gone for a corner and a third goal when we were trying to reduce the deficit. We did not expect to be outplayed, Darren Wassall did not expect it and neither did the Derby or Hull players. So put it down to experience. Mel was right, we do not want to go up until we have a really good chance of staying up. He sees the longer term plan. It is Mel who has bought the club and is in it for the long haul. So let's get behind Mel and settle down again. We must not let Darren Wassall leave the Club, we need him here at the Academy. Whatever happens on tuesday is what happens. We are fighting for pride like Darren Wassall said. So lets get behind the team and staff as best as we can. Three of the Play Off sides are not going up. All the best to Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday and Hull City. We are Derby County COYR  :thumbsup::D:):cool::thumbsup:

The 2nd goal was no fluke,it had been coming for some time.We allowed them to pass the the ball around the edge of the box without tackling or closing them down or even blocking them.They were always going to score somehow,whether deflected or not. Hull ran the midfield and we offered nothing,no chances no shots. Unless we make massive changes next season will be much worse.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two unanswered goals before half time may give a few Hull players squeak ******* bums., we have to give it a ******* go surely if only to get ******* Leicester off the sports news for a bit..

PS did I spell ******* correctly ? :-)

3 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

The 2nd goal was no fluke,it had been coming for some time.We allowed them to pass the the ball around the edge of the box without tackling or closing them down or even blocking them.They were always going to score somehow,whether deflected or not. Hull ran the midfield and we offered nothing,no chances no shots. Unless we make massive changes next season will be much worse.

Actually it was a fluke but I take your point of them being dominant at the time.

Realistically this is a free hit for us and a party for them and as much as I would like to take the smug look of mr Bruce face it is unlikely that we will be successful but we do have the talent to do it

so let us confuse them!

Carson

christie Keogh Shackel Ollson 

Hendrick Bryson 

Martin

Blackman bent Camara 

subs Hughes butterfield grant Baird Ince Russell Weiman 

19 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Realistically this is a free hit for us and a party for them and as much as I would like to take the smug look of mr Bruce face it is unlikely that we will be successful but we do have the talent to do it

so let us confuse them!

Carson

christie Keogh Shackel Ollson 

Hendrick Bryson 

Martin

Blackman bent Camara 

subs Hughes butterfield grant Baird Ince Russell Weiman 

Maybe we'll get 2 shots on target with that line-up

Carson

Christie     Keogh      Shackell      Olsson

Bryson        Hughes

Ince       Martin      Bent      Camara

Subs: Grant Bucko Butterfield Hendrick Weimann Blackman Russell

Desperate times... This isn't a team Bruce will expect or be set up for. We've hardly seen anything of Camara at all, yet he is lightning fast and will get to the bye-line and whip balls in. These are the sorts of crosses Bent particularly benefits from. This lineup enables us to attack with guile sometimes and pace at others, making it difficult for the Hull defence to know whetther to press or drop off.

It's a gamble playing two in midfield, but Hughes and Bryson operate well together and can help unlock a defence in different ways. We don't have Thorne and we can't adequately replace him, so why not stop trying? Instead focus on hurting our opponents rather than waste a player such as Hughes in that position.

No place for Johnson. I had thought the team on Saturday picked itself, but Wassall picked a different one, bringing a player who'd missed seven games (IIRC) straight back into the lineup at the expense of a fit £5m (apparently!) midfielder on the bench. Not surprisingly it backfired. Johnson is the player in the squad with by far the least technical ability and I would quietly leave him out on the understandable basis he isn't able to play 2 games in 3 days after such a long lay-off.

The third goal absolutely killed us. I can't get my head around what we were even doing. We hardly pushed before the last 10 minutes. It's like the players saw Butterfield have our only shot on target and think "oh yeah, that's what we're meant to aim for." I think every one of our corners bar one didn't beat the first man. The other one was too far and went out for a goal kick. So why on 90+7 do we think we're going to achieve the impossible and not only kick it higher than 6ft, but also score from it? We didn't leave anyone back. Not even Olsson on the half-way line. At 2-0 it's possible. Even with 10 minutes to go at 0-0 we could have a chance of getting it to extra-time. But we're now going to have to go for it so much that we score at least three whilst being able to deal with their counter attacks. Unless we're 2 up at half-time we don't have much of a chance. Even then, we'll just be going for it more and Hull just need a goal to give us another mountain to climb.

If we reach Wembley from here I'll run down my street naked (I've just turned my whole road into Hull supporters). It would be the greatest Derby County comeback of all-time.

4-0 after extra time. Brace from Bent.

All the people that said to sack the team to change there tune and say that our team is the best thing since sliced bread and Harry is praised for turning the team around.

In all seriousness, I believe we can do it. 2 Quick goals and Hull will start to panic and crumble. Butterfield, Hughes and Bryson in midfield. Bucko in to bring some passion and Bent to get a run out.

COYR!

I think I'm right in saying that no one in yesterday's starting 11 has scored a goal since 19th April. Which may explain why their heads seemed to drop when they conceded the first goal - they didn't look like they were confident they could get back into the game (and neither were lots of the fans, myself included). If we score first on Tuesday then it'll be all to play for.

22 hours ago, Squid said:

40/1 to win 3-0

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 21.57.27.png

Put my mortgage on Derby in extra time :) 

drop ince for weimann leave Blackman at moor farm start bent up top with Martin in a 4-1-3-2 formation give their defenders two strikers to worry about rather than the piss easy Martin to mark all game. We can do this.

carson

christie bucko keogh olson

Johnson/someone else?

wiemann hughes Russell 

bent martin

nothing to loose so may as well go  gung Ho!

Carson

Keogh        Buxton     Buxton

Christie                                          Olsson

Hughes

Russell                           Ince

Martin        Bent

30 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Carson

Keogh        Buxton     Shackell 

Christie                                          Olsson

Hughes

Russell                           Ince

Martin        Bent

My mistake, no good can come from 2 Jake! 

Kitchen sink time really. We have nothing to lose. Get an early goal an who knows what could happen we have the players capable of doing it.

Carson

Christie  Keogh  Shackell  Olsson

Ince     Bryson   Butterfield  Camara

Hughes

Bent

Subs: grant, baird, johnson, hendrick, weimann, zanzala, Martin.

Keep blackman at home get hughes up the field pressing with bent get in there faces and force those two oafs at the back for Hull into a mistake. Camara needs to force odubajo back to his own corner flag then whip some crosses in for bent the same for Ince. And put Butterfield on corners ffs. Cmon derby if we go 2-0 up their fans could really turn on them.

COYR your playing for your future now show is that you mean it and go out with some glory. 

a lot of people seem obsessed with getting this 'early' goal

we need 1 before 80, 1 before 90, and 1 in injury time.

first goal crucial yes, early goal no.

I'm not saying the miracle is going to happen but keep it tight for an hour or so, nick a goal, their team and fans will get edgey.

On 14 May 2016 at 21:16, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well Hull might just go back to underestimating us for the next match and rest the entire first 11 for Wembley.

On 14 May 2016 at 21:16, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well Hull might just go back to underestimating us for the next match and rest the entire first 11 for Wembley.

How on earth is it possible to underestimate Derby after Saturday?? 

Archived