Hull City vs Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

By assuming we will be that pants twice in four days.

You're right, it's clutching at straws.

The problem Derby have is that if we score one goal it definitely will be all over.  If you push forward and attack us, we will pick you off with our pace in wide areas like we did on Saturday.  

You have a hail-Mary chance but with our experience, I just cannot see it materialising.

The bit I can't get my head around is why you didn't replace Clement with an experienced manager.  Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the C*** , but Warnock would have definitely have got you up.

Carson

Christie           Keogh       Shackell      Olsson

Ince                Bryson       Hughes       Weimann

Bent           Martin

Grant, Buxton, Butterfield, Hendrick, Johnson, Camara, Zanzala

It's been much discuss on here.

Don't think you picked us off with pace wide particularly, you just didn't need to do very much full stop.

Hulls abundant quality on Saturday was defensive, helped by our ineptness, never looked in danger, two clinical finishes, granted, but not an awful lot else.

I rate our chances of getting back in the tie as zero.

I expect a better performance and some pride to be restored. That is all. Unless, hull think it's all over and don't give it all until it's back in the balance. And that is in the hands of face like an AR se Steve Bruce.

O-K stop mucking about lets use the recruiting system of our peers,   /millions on the bench why,

Carson--Olsen -Christie--Keogh--Shackell .3,000000  Butterfield,3,000000,-Johnson,6,000000.Ince,4,000000.

Weiman,3,oooooo ,Blackman 3,000000, Camara i..,5 000000,shucks still got Bent--Pierce-Baird,,on the bench.

25 million on the pitch.3 new signings on the bench, and--Russell-Martin-Bryson-Hendricks-Hughes,,grant,

Low budget signings in case of emergency,Hull will need more than a 3 goal lead,and gives the lads a chance to earn their wages,and justify the expenditure by the,recruitment comitee 

Watching it happen time and time again.. We struggle against a organised team. I realized this time Hull played a very high line which suffocated our space and man marked us. They doubled up on our wingers and broke with pace.

They didn't allow Keogh much time on the ball they closed down well. They changed there own style to stop us from playing which resulted in long balls to Martin which doesn't work as he forgets how to jump!

I've always said it since Wigan manager shown the 'BluePrint' in his own words and we've struggled since we've been lucky our form was against sides who let us play our football and let Keogh and Thorne have a lot of room.

Not sure how we can start beating teams like this Arsenal struggled and Boro moaned a lot of teams was doing against them just one of them things i guess.

It's football so there is always a chance i suppose, an early goal...Hull start to panic an all that.  Realistically though, i'd just be happy with a decent performance full of commitment from our players.  It will surely be Wassall's last game and that's for the best in my opinion, but he did come in at a difficult time, and after a shaky start got some decent results  It would be nice if he could walk away from the job with some pride restored after Saturday's debacle. 

I watched it again today for the 2nd time,it doesn't get any better. One lesson is that Hughes has to play more forward to create something for the strikers,assuming we manage to find some strikers,they went AWOL again on Saturday Things only threatened to happen when Hughes was up there,unfortunately,he spent too much time in our half.

All I want to see is a team giving absolutely everything they have. They need to instill some belief into the players. Early goal and it gets more interesting,  two and its squeaky bum time for Hull.

I'd like to see Brighton overturn this deficit to show it can be done which may I still some belief we can do it tomorrow.  Incidentally did we sound that loud on TV on Saturday? Couldn't bear to watch it again, the first time live was too much to bear!!

Show them a re run of the Ipwich game where we came back from 4 nil down on the coach on the way up there. I know 3 of the scorers won't be involved but it shows what determination can do. If we can get 2 without reply Hull will get nervy, I'm sure of it.

I think we'll find out tomorrow night who's up for playing for this club and who will need to do one. I'm just looking at how Brighton have started tonight and that's what I want to see tomorrow.

I'd make them re-watch the match and tell them if they aren't utterly disgusted and embarrassed with their collective performance then they can watch the second leg at home and return their tracksuits because they won't be needing them next season.

If we don't produce our best performance of the season tomorrow, we're out. No two ways about it.

I don't care how we do - so long as the players leave nothing behind. If they are beaten by a better team on the night, there is no disgrace in that. If they are beaten by a team that tries harder, then there is no excuse.

Archived