George Thorne

Kernow

As much as he's had issues regarding his perceived "bad apple" status, I cannot speak highly enough of Jason Shackell today. As soon as it became apparent that the injury was serious, Shackell went straight over to support George, and was talking in his ear for a good five minutes. With Darren Bent and Johnny Russell helping lift the stretcher as well, I think it's clear that the lads have a sense of togetherness, will pull their socks up and give every last fibre in their body to send the mighty Rams up and "do it for George". COYR.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Broken ankle I reckon. Not sure if their player caught him or he landed badly but was clearly in agony straight away and their keeper couldn't even look at it.

Replays show player caught him mate. Wasn't the cleverest of tackles..but it's Mick McCarthy football so we know it well. 

Gutted for the lad. I agree on not resting best players but I'd have made an exception for GT. He is crucial for us with our setup and style. No backup for him unless you count Baird.

I am feeling so sorry for Thorne right now i cant even say how he must be feeling guttied he was crying his eyes out and he loves this club and

We love him. My message to the lads go and win the play offs for Thorne lets take our anger frusration out on hull on saturday.

But i throught he was playing well next will huges. I just hope can come back from this. 

I am calling all derby fans to really get behind the lads and lift there spirts.

I wish him all the best in his recovery the poor guy and so long as the injury doesn't involve ligaments it should be more manageable for him in comparison to what he has been through before. 

I see Johnson as the ideal replacement and Wassall seemed to suggest he is back got now. Hughes can do a job. Baird is a last resort but i would rather just go 442 before that though. 

Did the same thing myself remember the doctor saying it was just pure bad luck he said a lot of factors have to merge all at once for it to happen.Ninety nine times out of a hundred you walk away with just a bruised shin.

Was back playing in just over three months but I am a quick healer and George will have better care than me.

Sometimes these things work for you Johnson could come in and have three stormers.

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Quoted the above as this isn't hindsight. Yes it was partly bad luck, but it was also foreseeable. Do you guys not remember in March Wassall dropped Thorne completely from the 18 because of his struggle with fitness? Ever since he came back he's not been able to play a lot of games in succession. And it's when the body is under strain that injuries often occur. That was why I said what I did, and what I said about Will also applied to George.

...if he's broken his leg it has nothing to do with making him play too many games. This is a broken clock prediction. 

It's a blow, for sure and I'm disappointed for George more than anything. Awful timing. 

But this is why we have a big squad, particularly in midfield. So many options.

I'd look to play the three of Butterfield, Hughes and Bryson. It worked well against Sheff Wednesday, we played at a nice tempo and created a lot of opportunities. We're at the iPro first leg. We should be looking to build a lead to take into the second leg in Hull. I don't see Johnson as a holding player, he has no positional discipline. People just suggest him for that role based on his physique. Hughes I prefer further forward but he's more than capable of playing deeper. More so than any of Butters, Bryson and Hendrick put it that way. And nobody wants to see Baird in there. 

I reckon it'll be Johnson though, possibly based upon his two goals against this opposition. But then, Butterfield scored twice against these too.... Maybe drop Bryson then. Poor again today. As was Hughes actually. Yet to win since he returned. It's all food for thought. I'm just pleased we're in with a shout. Anything can happen in the playoffs. 

But I'll end by wishing George Thorne a speedy recovery.

Sith Happens

Is there a rule that medics have to saunter about like they are out for a sunday afternoon stroll?

Could be a blessing in disguise, obviously George is a massive blow but with the togetherness of the players its likely they'll all roll their socks up and try even harder. Fate is cruel, do it for george

COYR

2 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Give it a rest, all you rest key players merchants must be delighted because if we'd won 3 nil you'd have nothing to say I told you so about.

Reading what @Gritters posted he took a shot and landed badly. What's Wassell got to do ? Rest players in case they take a shot ?

**** happens, live with it.

Looked like the landing that caused the injury from where I sat too. 

SAD SAD Day!

I personally believe GT would have been withdrawn earlier if CM hadn't got that ridiculous booking. From there on in DW had no other option than to substitute CM before he got sent off. 

I personally wouldn't have risked WH or GT today and have said as much prior to kick off today, but.....

Im no Wassall fan, but he can't be held responsible for the freak injury sustained by GT today it happens  

1 hour ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Unpopular opinion - Thorne hasn't been brilliant recently.. Gutted for him and a top player, but not the disaster some are making it out to be. A weaker team without him though, for sure. 

Spot on, said recently I prefer Hanson.  

20 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

A few Derby players were intimating it was a late challenge. Not seen the replay yet so i'll withhold judgement but I thought Ipswich left a foot in all game.

It was definitely late Utch. No surprise with Micks players...

Sith Happens
Just now, StockholmRam said:

It was definitely late Utch. No surprise with Micks players...

So should have been a pen aswell then?

Archived