Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

muzzamurray

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy with a striker who scores goals over anything else with the team/match

There are numerous other positions to create/link. At the end of the day goals win games.

That said it's not like Martin misses numerous chances, or greatest issue recently has been creativity. 

Martin is class - no question - i just think Rhodes is better.

Also I'm not convinced Pearson is going to build a team around Martin in the same way that our previous managers have.

43 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

No chance Rhodes is a better player than Martin. Better goalscorer for sure, but nowhere near as good an all round player. 1 poster suggesting goals are all that matters is ridiculous. Derpends on the teams style of play and personnel. Derbys team over the last 3 years playing a 4-3-3 would not have been better off with Rhodes in over Martin. Martin was key to our success in the way we played.

There are a lot of short memories on this forum in regards to Chris Martin. Blokes a legend. Been immense the last 3 years

Well obviously the 4-3-3 we've played the last few season would suit Martin more over Rhodes being as we've based the whole team around Chris Martin in a 4-3-3 I don't care how goals go in so long as they do! Rhodes is a natural finisher that's a fact, look at Alan shearer & them type of players they were always in the right place at the right time & bagged goals, people don't look back & say look at Francis Jeffers goal record oh but at least his team played nice football ? Winning comes first we've had three seasons of this nice football in a 4-3-3. Give me a lazier player like Rhodes who pinches goals towards the last few seconds of games. I don't remember ppl moaning about Steve Howard.

2 hours ago, Rampager said:

I'm sorry but anyone that says Chris Martin is a better striker than Jordan Rhodes are deluded! They're both very different players but Jordan Rhodes has bagged 25+ a season for years now he guarantees goals & that's all that matters. I like Chris Martin but to say he's better than Rhodes I think some people are wearing rose tinted glasses, for the record Ross McCormack was left out of the squad I wouldn't say that makes Martin a better player would you? 

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

a quick check on wiki shows me this.

Rhodes averages a goal every 1.9 games.

Martin averages a goal every 3.1 games

Therefore i think thats substantial evidence in favour of Rhodes being more prolific ;)

Last 3 seasons

Rhodes 17, 21 and 25

Martin 16, 21 and 25

In terms of goals Rhodes hasnt scored many more than Martin in the past couple of seasons, personally I have never been impressed when ive seen Rhodes play but he is a Darren Bent type in the way he tends to be in the right place at the right time, he seems to be a passenger for most of the games ive seen him play, I personally dont think he would offer any more to us than what Martin currently does. We need someone to play off Martin like a Wells, Kodjia, Assombalonga or maybe/hopefully Wilson not somebody to replace Martin.

How anyone can say he has been then best forward in the Champ over the past few seasons is beyond me, McCormack has scored more goals in teams as bad as the ones Rhodes has played in and McCormack always looks a threat.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Put Martin in those Huddersfield and Blackburn teams he would struggle to get 10 goals imo. Martin looks better than he actually is because the system suits him down to the ground here. I'm sorry but if you think Martin is a better player than Rhodes then you're wearing your Rams tinted glasses. Ask the other 23 clubs in the league who they would prefer and I 100% guarantee they'd rather have Rhodes. A lot of my other non Rams friends think Martin is a bit of a donkey  judging him on whenever they have seen him play which tells you other fans don't rate him as highly. That's not to say Martin is a bad player because he is a very good championship striker. 

Yes because Blackburn, Fulham etc played a system that didn't suit their them and Rhodes and Mccormack scored goals despite this.

What the average fan thinks is mainly down to what they hear in the media and the odd bits that they see here and there, the thing that most see is the goals he scored in the Huddersfield team that went on that amazing unbeaten run in league 1 and still failed to get promoted, and the £8m Blackburn spent on him. For saying he is so much better than Martin in the last 3 seasons he has scored 1 more goal than Martin. If we had bought Martin for £8m people at other clubs would look at Martin very differently, as far as they are concerned he is some reject that wasn't wanted at Norwich that struggled for fitness after injury at Swindon and think he is some sort of donkey, as you put it. Martin is so far from being a donkey it is untrue.

I still can't get my head around why people want to sell him full stop never mind for less than £12m and certainly never mind just £7m. He has proven he is worth at least the same as McCormack and Rhodes. I honestly don't understand people's thinking in this.

Don't know why some suggested Wells???? His goal scoring is terrible that's a fact. Don't believe me then check it out yourself over 30+ goals in 100+ games at Huddersfield meh. 

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Don't know why some suggested Wells???? His goal scoring is terrible that's a fact. Don't believe me then check it out yourself over 30+ goals in 100+ games at Huddersfield meh. 

Huddersfield aren't a great side, despite them being at the top of the league, so it's not surprising that his scoring isn't the greatest for them. I think he would do an Andre Gray and score more at a better team

we need fullbacks fast know forsyths out also we need someone to better or for cover for christie in case burnt out or injured or our seasons lookin like a lower than playoff sort of season . trouble is everyone we go for villa an newcastle will try steal them first . pearsons got some big decisions to make baird is not going to be the right choice for lb he makes the team have to come back an help him they dont trust his defending saw that at villa an is olsson really that great prefer him over baird but average compared to an on form forsyth maybe lowe needs game time its all risky.

6 hours ago, McLovin said:

Care to explain why he is overrated?

I'll give it a go.

I have kept an eye out for Rhodes since he was scoring for fun a league below at Huddersfield.

I always hoped we'd take a gamble on him before he went to Blackburn, as I saw him as being a player with enormous potential.

He obviously went to Blackburn and I was disappointed...

until I actually saw him play for them.  He offered absolutely nothing for them whenever he played down here.  

Whenever he plays against a "better" side he becomes more of a passenger and a liability to the team, as chances come far more at a premium.  Therefore, if we wish to challenge for promotion, he's not the player we want, as in the crunch games you need all eleven to pull in the same direction.

Against the lower teams he'll bag plenty of hat tricks and braces, but will go missing when it matters. When off form, he gives you nothing.

That's why he's no use to Boro, as in the Prem you need all eleven on form and grafting just to compete.

I do believe that Martin isn't the answer for an ideal Pearson team, but Rhodes is less so.

Dare I say, for the system we're adopting, we could do with a Cameron Jerome type player that is strong and athletic and will give defenders a torrid time.

Maybe that Sammon lad from Hearts! :ph34r:

Not sure where the best place to post this is, so I'll just stick it here:

Andre Wisdom's brother is either bating Derby fans like there's no tomorrow, or there's something going on. Have a look through his tweets and see all the hints he makes at Wisdom coming back...

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Andre Wisdom's brother is either bating Derby fans like there's no tomorrow, or there's something going on. Have a look through his tweets and see all the hints he makes at Wisdom coming back...

I've heard he's on his way but it will take some time....

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3-Andre-Wisdoms-Porsche

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Could be anything though. 

Since Forsyth has done his other ACL and Olsson doesn't seem to be fit, I'd make an audacious bid for Ben Chilwell from Leicester. Very highly rated and still only 19 so a player that has the potential to improve further.

A friend who supports Huddersfield told me he's one of the most gifted players he's seen at Championship level so whether we could pull off a permenant transfer or simply a loan, think he could be a great asset to our side.

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Since Forsyth has done his other ACL and Olsson doesn't seem to be fit, I'd make an audacious bid for Ben Chilwell from Leicester. Very highly rated and still only 19 so a player that has the potential to improve further.

A friend who supports Huddersfield told me he's one of the most gifted players he's seen at Championship level so whether we could pull off a permenant transfer or simply a loan, think he could be a great asset to our side.

Think LB is already covered so no point of getting another one though. 

11 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Think LB is already covered so no point of getting another one though. 

We only have 3 LB's on our books: Forysth, Olsson and Lowe.

Forsyth is effectively out for the season, Olsson is out of the picture at the minute and will take a few weeks to get going again, and Max Lowe as highly as I rate him, is untested. Baird is a liability at LB due to his complete lack of mobility and therefore is not the answer long term.

Now, from what i've heard from both online sources and multiple HTAFC mates, Chilwell could well be better than what we already have if he's as good as they say he is. We should constantly be looking to improve the squad and Chilwell would represent us doing that in my opinion...

Archived